Read 2179 times

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
In Korea Foreigners were Slaves
« on: September 14, 2021, 09:56:09 am »
They were slaves for five centuries during the Joseon dynasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKHlqLCZ-h4

Interesting. I didn't know that Korea's long history of slavery involved the enslavement of non-Koreans.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 03:17:45 am by VanIslander »

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
Re: In Korea Whites were Slaves
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 10:17:30 am »
She seems like a really sound source of credible information.

https://youtu.be/v5c31PDdGqg

Interesting. I didn't know that "before the cataclysm", humans lived for over 700 years.

https://youtu.be/N3-eWebt2Fc

Interesting. I didn't know that Kim Jong-Eun was dead.

https://youtu.be/98Zikinhr3g

Interesting. I didn't know that "black people are incited by spies" from foreign countries.

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 10:48:35 am »
She talks about 백정 (白丁). It has nothing to do with the race of the people. The first character does not indicate the race of the person. Yes, it can mean white,  but also means blank, or empty. So it really should be translated as empty person, or blank person, aka common people, NOT white person.

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 11:11:30 am »
She also assumes that nomads from what is now known as Russia would be white, presumably because she thinks of Russia as a white country. Of course, nomads moving into the Korean peninsula from northeastern Russia would probably have looked more Asian than white.

BUT WHO CARES? HUMANS USED TO LIVE BEYOND 700 YEARS OLD!

WHY IS THE MEDIA COVERING THIS UP?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 11:13:09 am by fka »

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 11:18:17 am »
She also assumes that nomads from what is now known as Russia would be white, presumably because she thinks of Russia as a white country. Of course, nomads moving into the Korean peninsula from northeastern Russia would probably have looked more Asian than white.

BUT WHO CARES? HUMANS USED TO LIVE BEYOND 700 YEARS OLD!

WHY IS THE MEDIA COVERING THIS UP?
lol. My grandpa might have been like 1000 years old then..hmmm. at least that's what I thought when I was younger.

Anyways, yes the people back then living in what is now Russia were Asian looking. And a good chunk of Korean genes are from that Siberian/Mongolian/Northern peoples gene pool.

• Sagi Keun
  • Adventurer

• May 10, 2018, 11:47:23 am
    • Los Angeles
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 11:23:13 am »

Does she mean under the E2 visa system?

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 11:47:51 am »
While many Russians and people from Siberia and the Steppe would have looked more East Asian, there undoubtedly would have been some Near Eastern and Finnic admixture as well as whatever the Turkic and Urgic peoples were. So "white slaves" is plausible.

Also, you probably had some random pirates, raiders, soldiers and traders that got scooped up, but then it would have been just as fair to say "Insert random country X had Korean slaves 1500 years ago."

Also, I'm skeptical whether "white" would have been the term to describe many people of caucasian appearance. That seems like us applying modern terminology to people from centuries ago. They might have thought hair color or facial features as more distinctive.

This whole topic seems like the kind of thing that certain types will latch onto in order to draw some sort of false equivalence with chattel slavery in America.

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 11:48:15 am »
*coo-coo*  :huh: :lipsrsealed: :rolleyes:

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 11:55:36 am »
White people have always been the most oppressed people globally.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 12:02:37 pm »
Berbery pirates were taking white slaves too.  Up until the 1800's when the US and the Brits and others started going after these north African countries and rooting out the pirates.  For quite a few centuries Europeans were kidnapped in raids and made to become slaves.  Other races were just as brutal in their conquering and even more so in some cases in previous centuries.  It was just that the Europeans were the last to be the powerful ones. 

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 12:05:27 pm »
This whole topic seems like the kind of thing that certain types will latch onto in order to draw some sort of false equivalence with chattel slavery in America.

Ya think?

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 12:07:16 pm »
more gg more skill

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 12:18:26 pm »
im not sure you can really compare the the barbary pirates (who took, at most, a million slaves) or koreans (literally dozens!) to the nations involved in the transatlantic slave trade (10-12 million) but yeah idk might be all the critical race theory rotting my brain
more gg more skill

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 12:23:34 pm »

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2021, 12:23:46 pm »
im not sure you can really compare the the barbary pirates (who took, at most, a million slaves) or koreans (literally dozens!) to the nations involved in the transatlantic slave trade (10-12 million) but yeah idk might be all the critical race theory rotting my brain

Did you go back in time and count how many slaves there were in other cultures and races?  Also, given the smaller population in the world at that time and that many slaves had offspring and so on and so forth, you really cannot say with any certainty what those numbers were and if they were more or less per capita.  I do condemn all slavery, but saying being white is evil is pure BS not to mention it was mostly Britian and France who did most of it, not Canada or other countries.  So not all whites had anything to do with that. 

Ghenghis khan had many forced wives (sexual slaves) and many others.  China had slaves, Korea had slaves, etc.  Slavery is condemnable, but don't say I am bad for being white.  I did none of this.  Get lost.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2021, 12:25:00 pm »
How many Irish slaves did the British send to the new world?  Though they did eventually become free. 

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 12:39:50 pm »
Did you go back in time and count how many slaves there were in other cultures and races?  Also, given the smaller population in the world at that time and that many slaves had offspring and so on and so forth, you really cannot say with any certainty what those numbers were and if they were more or less per capita. 
no. some nerds who spend their whole lives trying to figure these things out went back and time and counted. i believe they're called "historians". i can't say many things with certainty, but i can say that 10 million is much bigger than 1 million
I do condemn all slavery,
how could you say something so controversial yet so brave? you had me in the first half though. i mean until i saw that this sentence has a "but" in it

but saying being white is evil is pure BS not to mention it was mostly Britian and France who did most of it, not Canada or other countries.  So not all whites had anything to do with that. 
huh? what? certainly the US played a minor role here. and who said anything about (or gives a shit about) canada re: slavery?

Ghenghis khan had many forced wives (sexual slaves) and many others.  China had slaves, Korea had slaves, etc.  Slavery is condemnable, but don't say I am bad for being white.  I did none of this.  Get lost.
what in god's holy name are you blathering about?

How many Irish slaves did the British send to the new world?  Though they did eventually become free. 
maybe 50,000?

here's further reading from my favorite radical marxist source, wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_slaves_myth
more gg more skill

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2021, 01:04:47 pm »
Angry white dudes LOVE talking about forms of slavery other than Atlantic chattel slavery.

I guess that's why they dedicate so much of their time and money to charities that fight human trafficking. I can't tell you how many times I've had conversations like this with hangook and T_Rex:

"Dude, hangook, you earned that 2.6 million won plus housing! If you give it all away to Antislavery International, how will you keep pace with inflation?"

Hangook slams the laptop lid shut, the Breitbart masthead becoming an illegible blur.

"I will not rest until this scourge is wiped from the earth.... By the way, T_Rex sent me a fascinating video. Did you know that humans used to live until they were 700 years old?"

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2021, 01:05:09 pm »
whats the point of this thread exactly, couldnt hangook have stuck this in the youtube video one or whatever

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 01:29:40 pm »
Angry white dudes LOVE talking about forms of slavery other than Atlantic chattel slavery.

I guess that's why they dedicate so much of their time and money to charities that fight human trafficking. I can't tell you how many times I've had conversations like this with hangook and T_Rex:

"Dude, hangook, you earned that 2.6 million won plus housing! If you give it all away to Antislavery International, how will you keep pace with inflation?"

Hangook slams the laptop lid shut, the Breitbart masthead becoming an illegible blur.

"I will not rest until this scourge is wiped from the earth.... By the way, T_Rex sent me a fascinating video. Did you know that humans used to live until they were 700 years old?"

That's 3 million won plus housing and excluding the overtime and renewal bonus.  Get it right punk.  I'll give some if give some money.

As for slavery, I'm not angry about black slavery but don't be so simplistic as to say whites were the only invaders and slave traders.  There were plenty of others throughout history and many invaders and conquerors who were far more savage,  Most recent non white example being the Empire of Japan in the first part of the 20th century.  Sex slaves, other nations people slaves, pow slaves, etc.  Rapes, killing, etc.  (And they still whine we dropped the A bomb on them because they wouldn't surrender and quit raping killing and enslaving half of Asia.) 

Yeah, I'm all against slavery and the idea of it and honestly don't give a crap who my neighbor is as long as he's a good guy.  If  black guy is married to a white woman, I don't give a rat's ass.  But the more folks moan on about the past non stop the harder it is to heal and move on.  It's great to have some remembrance but constantly whining on and on about white privilege (in which I'd actually argue class privilege instead).  Really, how does it bring people together instead of getting everyone's back up against the wall?  It's divisive and pits people against each other.