Read 9328 times

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
Re: Tell me a little-known fact.
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2021, 10:40:48 am »
The increase in heart attacks this year in athletes is because of the lack of exercise and definitely not the vaccine. 
It would be a fact if there was a study of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated athletes post-COVID that showed no significant difference in heart attacks AND if another study was done independently by another scientist to repeat the results and confirm the finding AND there were no studies showing contrary results AND the scientific community had no widespread concerns over the methods used in the studies.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2021, 04:22:21 am »
Red bell peppers, i mean red capsicums, i mean red paprika peppers, i mean red sweet peppers...

Are both A FRUIT & #1 in Vitamin C content.

(Not enuf known facts)

When I have a half raw pepper (and hot sauce) with my Korean rice roll (kimbap) at the 10-minute absurdly-short dinner break we have, the locals look at me like i have two heads. They eat their provided cheap dinner with sugar and cream powdered coffee sticks while staring at my imported Japanese "drip" black coffee.

That said, the hot green peppers and variety of lettuce in EVERY supermarket makes up for it, nutritionwise.
I think the fact that peppers are high in vitamin C is pretty well known.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2021, 04:23:27 am »
Beets are a stable in borscht, which is wildly popular in the predominantly Russian Doukhobor town I lived in.
Main, that stuff was *amazing*.
I used to mow the lawn of my 80 year old neighbour in return for a big jug of that stuff. Wish I still could today!

If you're looking for a good recipe involving beets, a lot of Ukrainian and Russian recipes use them.
Yep, borscht is delicious. Don't forget the sour cream.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2021, 07:20:41 pm »
You can fit ~62 Earths in Uranus.