Read 772 times

• Sagi Keun
  • Veteran

• May 10, 2018, 11:47:23 am
    • Los Angeles
South Korea's Spycams Exposed
« on: September 02, 2021, 12:34:43 am »
South Korea's Spycams Exposed Al Jazeera  English 

Arrests for “molka”, the Korean word for hidden camera, have soared in the last decade, with perpetrators coming from all corners of society - from a television anchor and a K-pop star to doctors.

Even teachers have confessed to hiding cameras in school bathrooms, filming children and colleagues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHzp9Cw7140&list=PLzGHKb8i9vTyyefrSwaJ5qEmwub4jF1H6&index=23

Has anyone had their apartment swept for hidden cameras?

It would not surprise me if most building owners installed tiny hidden cameras... in the smoke detectors or fixtures.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
Re: South Korea's Spycams Exposed
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 10:36:20 am »
Is anyone surprised by this? You know, in a country where convicted pedophiles are allowed to be teachers???

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 12:00:46 pm »

Has anyone had their apartment swept for hidden cameras?

It would not surprise me if most building owners installed tiny hidden cameras... in the smoke detectors or fixtures.

A lot of my younger EPIK  friends are weary of public washrooms for this reason...
However, I couldn't care less about these..
I don't think the perpetrator will want to keep the footage of my fat foreigner ajumma  booty, he'll probably destroy it as soon as he sees it .
That'll teach em a lesson... expecting to see a lovely young girl and then baaaam, unpleasant surprise. Hopefully, it'll put them off from doing this for the rest of their lives.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 12:04:35 pm »
Is anyone surprised by this? You know, in a country where convicted pedophiles are allowed to be teachers???

I am actually very upset about this. Not only pedophiles, but racists, and emotional abusers all just get quietly transferred to other schools out in the boondocks (hoping that the out of sigh/ out of mind will help solve the problem).  Government workers are just too secure and too protected here. Maybe, that's maybe why so many Koreans want this stable government jobs so badly because it comes with immunity from the law?!

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 04:30:16 pm »

I don't think the perpetrator will want to keep the footage of my fat foreigner ajumma  booty,

You're not doing yourself any favors in convincing people you're not Hangook77's sock with statements like that.

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 12:54:47 pm »
PSA FOR EVERYONE BUT PARTICULARLY WOMEN: you can buy a red card called MolGuard (molka guard) at molguard.co.kr. As a solo woman, my friend gave me one of these when I moved into a new floor level home. You can use this card along with your phone camera. As long as you turn on the flash and filter with the red lens (card) it's easier to spot hidden cams. I did a sweep of my home when I moved in. I also carry this in my wallet just in case I feel paranoid in a public restroom.
It's totally messed up that we should take responsibility like this, but I believe the cards are like 1,000원. It's my personal opinion that ordinary samaritans have proven they aren't responsible enough to earn the right to purchase equipment like this, much like men in the states have proven time and time again that they aren't responsible enough to own guns, but alas. I don't see any regulation in sight. It's sad and pathetic.
Anyway, but a molguard and tell your friends about it. You can also buy a self alarm and mace for less than 20K on Coupang. Don't play games with creeps.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 01:23:03 pm »
Why are you bringing men and guns in the USA into your argument, which was solid until that tangent.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 01:30:31 pm »
It's my personal opinion that ordinary samaritans have proven they aren't responsible enough to earn the right to purchase equipment like this, much like men in the states have proven time and time again that they aren't responsible enough to own guns, but alas. I don't see any regulation in sight. It's sad and pathetic.

I got lost at this part.  How does an ordinary Samaritan come into this?  In fact, I don't get any of the above. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 01:57:03 pm »
you can buy a red card called MolGuard (molka guard) at molguard.co.kr. As a solo woman, my friend gave me one of these when I moved into a new floor level home. You can use this card along with your phone camera. As long as you turn on the flash and filter with the red lens (card) it's easier to spot hidden cams. I did a sweep of my home when I moved in. I also carry this in my wallet just in case I feel paranoid in a public restroom.
How does this work?
Does one need a particular app to accompany the filter?
Might be a pretty useful tool!