Read 948 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
The kids are alright
« on: August 26, 2021, 04:21:38 am »
"More than half of Florida's students are now enrolled in public school districts with mask mandates despite threats of sanctions from the administration of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, who decreed that only parents can decide whether their children wear masks.

On Tuesday night, two school districts - in Orange and Indian River counties - approved mandates to try to stop the spread of the delta variant of the novel coronavirus. They joined eight other districts that recently moved to require a medical exemption from a doctor to opt out."

mini-trump can huff and puff, but it doesn't work against those who value the lives of the children they are responsible for.

Re: The kids are alright
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 10:15:51 am »
Dude, you're talking microscopic chances of death.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01897-w
In a series of preprints published on medRxiv13, a team of researchers picked through all hospital admissions and deaths reported for people younger than 18 in England. The studies found that COVID-19 caused 25 deaths in that age group between March 2020 and February 2021.

You'd save more lives banning kids from commuting to school because of the risk of auto accidents than the risk of COVID.

At that point you're dealing in irrational fear. You can't bubble wrap children. This is the most critical phase of their development and they need to socialize and engage in activities that kids do. It's incredibly important for their development and psychology.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 10:26:07 am »
im pretty sure they can talk to each other and emotionally develop with masks on... shit my students seem to be getting along such fine despite korea's oppressive mask requirements
more gg more skill

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 10:59:13 am »
You can't bubble wrap children.
Au contraire!
 This is untrue. *Patently* false. I've done it several times.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 11:23:10 am »
Au contraire!
 This is untrue. *Patently* false. I've done it several times.

HaHaHaHaHa..! So funny. Get them to run at each other.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 11:40:16 am »
HaHaHaHaHa..! So funny. Get them to run at each other.

I've been trying to convince at least one of my schools that this is something worth investing in, but none of them will have it.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 11:48:03 am »
 :police:
I've been trying to convince at least one of my schools that this is something worth investing in, but none of them will have it.

Ahhh, so good! What a fun sports day. Yeah... nanny state style schooling. I don't know...shaking my head :police:

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 11:48:08 am »
Would work well for ensuring social distancing as well!

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2021, 11:51:08 am »
The only acceptable way to endanger children is to tell them to stay below deck during a ship listing.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2021, 12:16:21 pm »
:police:
Ahhh, so good! What a fun sports day. Yeah... nanny state style schooling. I don't know...shaking my head :police:

Every morning, for 3 weeks, one of my schools had all the students "practice" safety for all the sports day events, including tug of war. Let these goofy ass kids trip and fall a few times, perhaps they'll learn a thing or two about balance and coordination.

But to be fair, with my sensitivity for motion sickness, which I'm sure many kids share, teachers would have the enjoyable task of cleaning vomit out of at least half of those bubbles before the end of the day.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2021, 12:51:38 pm »
Thought I responded here already.  Maybe in another topic.  Strange.  (Better not be censorship here.) 

Anyways, let folks who want to wear masks wear them and folks that don't, don't.  Breathing in your own carbon dioxide all day long and getting headaches ain't fun. 

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2021, 01:15:22 pm »
Thought I responded here already.  Maybe in another topic.  Strange.  (Better not be censorship here.) 

Anyways, let folks who want to wear masks wear them and folks that don't, don't.  Breathing in your own carbon dioxide all day long and getting headaches ain't fun. 

When you don't wear a mask you increase the likelihood of getting infected, which prolongs the stay and effects of the virus = everyone's problem.

There are people busting out HIIT sessions in the gym, while wearing a mask.
Dentists wear them all day.

It's not societies fault or problem if you're too fat/unhealthy/immature to tolerate wearing a mask when around others. You ALWAYS breath in a small amount of carbon dioxide, pure oxygen and you'd be perpetually high as a kite. Work on your fitness and the mask will be more tolerable.

Spending much of our time in clothes that aren't baggy shorts and wifebeaters (which we'd wear in the house), you should be able to tolerate a mild degree of discomfort.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2021, 06:43:47 pm »
The only acceptable way to endanger children is to tell them to stay below deck during a ship listing.
Ouch!

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2021, 07:57:45 am »
When you don't wear a mask you increase the likelihood of getting infected, which prolongs the stay and effects of the virus = everyone's problem.

There are people busting out HIIT sessions in the gym, while wearing a mask.
Dentists wear them all day.

It's not societies fault or problem if you're too fat/unhealthy/immature to tolerate wearing a mask when around others. You ALWAYS breath in a small amount of carbon dioxide, pure oxygen and you'd be perpetually high as a kite. Work on your fitness and the mask will be more tolerable.

Spending much of our time in clothes that aren't baggy shorts and wifebeaters (which we'd wear in the house), you should be able to tolerate a mild degree of discomfort.

I wear a mask when I have to.  I dislike it.  Dentists masks are different from N95 masks and they take it off in between patients.  Not sure what your wifebeater is all about.  Never wore one.  Long term usage gives me a headache is hard to breath and generally uncomfortable.  I put it on around the kids and when I go into a store.  The rest of the time, I minimize it.  Listening to CNN too much makes you hysterical and a fearful covid nazi.  It's a shame as covid has turned a lot of people into paranoids.  All those people wearing the masks including in the car by themselves and having several shots of vaccines already and still catching covid did them no good.  Breath in your own carbon dioxide all you wish.....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 11:03:10 am by Kyndo »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2021, 08:14:30 am »
Masks are good enough for Steve Austin. Are you better than Steve Austin?

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2021, 08:29:17 am »
Masks are good enough for Steve Austin. Are you better than Steve Austin?

I am.

(Though most celebs and politicians take off their masks once the cameras are off.)

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2021, 08:34:35 am »
I am.

(Though most celebs and politicians take off their masks once the cameras are off.)
Prove it. It's a conundrum. hahahaha

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2021, 10:24:24 am »
You're the king of the world and everyone must do as you want.

i mean, his username *is* "Aristocrat"

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2021, 05:07:48 pm »
I wear a mask when I have to.  I dislike it.  Dentists masks are different from N95 masks and they take it off in between patients.  Not sure what your wifebeater is all about.  Never wore one.  Long term usage gives me a headache is hard to breath and generally uncomfortable.  I put it on around the kids and when I go into a store.  The rest of the time, I minimize it.  Listening to CNN too much makes you hysterical and a fearful covid nazi.  It's a shame as covid has turned a lot of people into paranoids.  All those people wearing the masks including in the car by themselves and having several shots of vaccines already and still catching covid did them no good.  Breath in your own carbon dioxide all you wish.....
The vaccinated who got Covid-19 lived to tell the tale. The unvaccinated, on the other hand,...

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2021, 06:58:58 pm »
The vaccinated who got Covid-19 lived to tell the tale. The unvaccinated, on the other hand,...

Shhh, you'll upset the baby.