Read 9000 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: ex partners
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2021, 08:05:32 am »
The people complaining about that are rude nerds who themselves rarely make a good post. People making inane writing complaining about a concise insightful video directly related to the discussion. Seems ironic. And ignorable. Pretty sure most don’t enjoy reading immature nonsense. Well,  they shouldn’t at least.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2021, 08:07:37 am »
Pretty sure most don’t enjoy reading immature nonsense.

Have you seen mainstream comedy lately?

Also, Aunty Donna's Big Ol' House of Fun
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 08:16:32 am by CO2 »

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2021, 08:11:13 am »
The people complaining about that are rude nerds who themselves rarely make a good post. People making inane writing complaining about a concise insightful video directly related to the discussion. Seems ironic. And ignorable. Pretty sure most don’t enjoy reading immature nonsense. Well,  they shouldn’t at least.

Yeah, I don't think you've read the room here.  For most people this site is a time killer and a way to shoot the sh*t.  This thread is a perfect example.  It's a topic that has no clear answer because we all deal with relationships and exes in different ways, yet it became a five page rambling, largely pointless discussion. 

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2021, 08:16:59 am »
My point is that forum readers don’t enjoy pun trains, which is what you and the above poster were doing. You: “Hey, we’re just here to kill time.”

The problem is just killing time without a filter / without consideration for the readers degrades the quality of the forums.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2021, 08:33:33 am »
My point is that forum readers don’t enjoy pun trains, which is what you and the above poster were doing. You: “Hey, we’re just here to kill time.”

The problem is just killing time without a filter / without consideration for the readers degrades the quality of the forums.

I don't do that.  I generally have a point and have more than once derided the old pun runs.  What sparks anyone, normally, to write something is that they themselves find it interesting or amusing and the expectation is someone else will pick it up and go.  What you do is purposely antagonize a number of posters knowing they are sick and tired of the SAME Stossel and Maher videos being linked.  You just seem to do it more when it's pointed out.  So, run it by me how doing that shows consideration for the readers and the quality of the forums?  People have made it clear they don't think your repeated links adds quality to the forum.  You're only doing it for yourself. 

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2021, 09:11:32 am »
Only some people have said that. People who themselves make poor quality posts and then declare to all they’ve never watched a video link and never will. They’re antagonized by the presence of a link they don’t click? Seems rather petty. I post for a broader audience, not just a couple of haters.
___________________ ___________________ ____

Those videos ain’t in this thread. But your pun run is.

“The word peon reminds me of R Kelly peeing on someone.”

“Here’s the song Yellow because pee is yellow.”

That’s gross and immature.
___________________ __________

Well, I’ve said my piece. Gonna log out for a while and get some work done rather than continue arguing until the end of time.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2021, 09:20:25 am »
Quote from: tylerthegloob on May 28, 2021, 11:40:56 am
man do i really ****** hate bill maher

Quote from: gogators! on May 28, 2021, 08:13:28 pm
Agreed.

Quote from: waygo0k on May 28, 2021, 02:27:52 pm
I say this with the utmost sincerity in my heart - FCUK Bill Maher and his pseudo-cool bullshit.

Quote from: Aristocrat on May 31, 2021, 08:43:41 am
Bill Maher isn't a "straight shooter", he oversimplifies things to be entertaining so more people can agree with him and watch his show. People like him know exactly how to pander to his target audience, frustrated, western white men.

Quote from: 745sticky on May 31, 2021, 11:17:44 am
hes an idiot who acts like an asshole and gives lukewarm dumbed down takes to satisfy his boomer audience.

Do you have any evidence from this board of this broad audience that you say those relentless Maher and Stossel posts are  actually appealing to? :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:25:30 am by Adel »

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2021, 09:20:27 am »
Only some people have said that. People who themselves make poor quality posts and then declare to all they’ve never watched a video link and never will. They’re antagonized by the presence of a link they don’t click? Seems rather petty. I post for a broader audience, not just a couple of haters.
___________________ ___________________ ____

Those videos ain’t in this thread. But your pun run is.

“The word peon reminds me of R Kelly peeing on someone.”

“Here’s the song Yellow because pee is yellow.”

That’s gross and immature.
___________________ __________

Well, I’ve said my piece. Gonna log out for a while and get some work done rather than continue arguing until the end of time.

Why did you make up those quotes?  Is that becoming a thing now?  First Aristocrat and now you?  You don't need to put in quotes something that you said, just things someone else said, if that helps.  If you think these forums have a much broader audience that you're posts are getting through to, you're mistaken.  You seem to take yourself seriously.  I suggest you'd be happier finding a more serious site.  This place will just frustrate you. 

« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2021, 09:42:48 am »
a women

representative emanuel cleaver moment

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2021, 09:49:03 am »
representative emanuel cleaver moment
He works in the capital............ ... you should work on your use of capitals, too.  :wink:

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2021, 09:51:42 am »
Ah, sorry, the post above could be construed as humour. All apologies. Let me fix that.

ATTN: Mme. caitlinn
It has come to my attention that you have started a sentence without capitalising the first word. This is grammatically incorrect.

Furthermore, you have used a proper name, in this case an American man's name, and capitalised neither his surname, nor given name.

Please reflect and correct.

Yours truly, CO2

PS: Together, we can beat anti-intellectualism and the dreaded scourge known as humour.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2021, 10:04:43 am »
Ah, sorry, the post above could be construed as humour. All apologies. Let me fix that.

It has come to my attention that you have started a sentence without capitalising the first word. This is grammatically incorrect.

Furthermore, you have used a proper name, in this case an American man's name, and capitalised neither his surname, nor given name.

Yours truly, CO2

PS: Together, we can beat anti-intellectualism and the dreaded scourge known as humour.

I applaud your efforts to raise the standards of this board. As we know, low quality posts turn away high quality posters. You have helped me learn and become a better person this morning. While I can only speak for myself when I say that, I am sure other posters share similar sentiments. Thank you for helping keep my brain sharp.

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2021, 10:05:45 am »
no  :smiley:

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2021, 10:06:56 am »

Yours truly, CO2
I applaud your efforts to raise the standards of this board. As we know, low quality posts turn away high quality posters. You have helped me learn and become a better person this morning. While I can only speak for myself when I say that, I am sure other posters share similar sentiments. Thank you for helping keep my brain sharp.

Here here!

Hear hear!

***Edit: I copy/pasted my original comment from one of CO2's earlier comments, hence the complete and utter mangling of the popular expression.
I know, I know: my actions were shockingly dumb -- I should've known better. Mea culpa etc.
 :wink:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 10:08:27 am by Kyndo »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2021, 10:08:13 am »
I totally did that on purpose. hahaha

no  :smiley:

I like your attitude.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2021, 10:30:38 am »

What are you expecting? Literary giants discussing gigantic literature?

My point is simple.

Is it possible to maintain a civil friendly relationship with an ex?   YES

Can everyone do it?   NO

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2021, 10:57:49 am »
I suppose to answer the question, I'll bite.

I was in Daegu 4 years ago and having some GalbiGym by myself. I get a FB message. BING!
It's some weird name. I look at the photo. Oh shit! It's my first GF! I hadn't seen her in............ 8 years?

But, we caught up a bit. I wasn't with anyone, literally and figuratively, as I was single at the time anyway, and it was nice. I'm in Korea, she's in Ontario so nothing is gonna go sideways. Just a bit of banter. "How you been, where are you now" kinda thing.

Enough time passes and everything mellows out. Unless they stabbed you or something, or there was some horrific transgression, it's easy just to be civil and catch up for a second. And we'd been together, in total, 5 years when we were young adults. Pretty formative times and we had meant an awful lot to each other. She was in SCOTLAND working at a golfcourse as Greenskeeper. Which is cool.

I also agree with Aristocrat to a degree. Not as adamant and inflexible, but I see where he's coming from. I'm NOT single anymore (gotta find a way to insert my GF into the chat. Did you know about her daughter?) so I wouldn't really be texting old flames/GFs.

If I knew my current GF was texting her exes even semi-regularly I would be hurt first, and then........... curious next. I'm pretty chill and trusting, I wouldn't immediately assume malice, but.............. why? In 90% of these situations they're not your friend. Like Lichtenstein said, you CAN and that's up to the (ex)couple in question, but most don't. If your ex is your only friend in your life you can shoot the shit with, you're doing it wrong. Find some FRIENDS.

« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2021, 10:57:51 am »
Looking at social media and the internet, if there's one thing I can conclude, it's that people are not drawn to the following

-inane stuff
-bad grammar
-sophomoric content
-arguments and flaming
-shoddy arguments

I mean, anyplace such as twitter or facebook or youtube that posts such content is an internet slow zone. It's google scholar that's the hot place of the web!

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2021, 11:53:05 am »
I mean, anyplace such as twitter or facebook or youtube that posts such content is an internet slow zone. It's google scholar that's the hot place of the web!
We live in an imperfect world.  :sad:

« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2021, 01:06:01 pm »
Back on topic, I would say that contact with an ex might depend on friend/community group/relatives. If say, you're part of a small religious community or community organization where virtually everyone knows each other, then yes, you're going to have some sort of ongoing contact, be civil, and might even work or plan events or do things together. I mean, I'm sure Aristocrat has seen at least one time where a couple in his community broke up but were somehow unintentionally (or intentionally by family/friends in an effort to revive the relationship) put in a situation together and had to deal. You're still going to see each other at church or mosque or at the school newspaper or in math club or mock trial or the local Habitat for Humanity or whatever.

But "I wonder what so and so is up to these days (lustful thoughts). Lets check facebook" and five minutes later sending a DM, yeah that's pretty effed up and that's how a lot of those contacts go. There's something going on behind that reason for seeking them out and it's generally not to get their recipe for roasted potatoes and chicken.