Read 4971 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: I agree with Biden and the Afghan pullout.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2021, 10:39:43 am »
Hopefully we can invade Saudi Arabia to free those women and girls there too.  **crickets***

Saudi Arabia - while bad - is a better than the Taliban. Theyíre not harboring Al-Qaeda terrorists. Women can go to school there.

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2021, 10:43:36 am »
Saudi Arabia - while bad - is a better than the Taliban. Theyíre not harboring Al-Qaeda terrorists. Women can go to school there.

No just funding them, GTFOH.   How many 9/11 hijackers were Sauis? 15 out of 19!!!!!!!

"Hijackers by Airplane
American Airlines Flight 11
Mohamed Atta - Egypt, tactical leader of 9/11 plot and pilot
Abdul Aziz al Omari - Saudi Arabia
Wail al Shehri - Saudi Arabia
Waleed al Shehri - Saudi Arabia
Satam al Suqami - Saudi Arabia
United Airlines Flight 175
Fayez Banihammad - United Arab Emirates
Ahmed al Ghamdi - Saudi Arabia
Hamza al Ghamdi - Saudi Arabia
Marwan al Shehhi - United Arab Emirates, pilot
Mohand al Shehri - Saudi Arabia
American Airlines Flight 77
Hani Hanjour - Saudi Arabia, pilot
Nawaf al Hazmi - Saudi Arabia
Salem al Hazmi - Saudi Arabia
Khalid al Mihdhar - Saudi Arabia
Majed Moqed - Saudi Arabia
United Airlines Flight 93
Saeed al Ghamdi - Saudi Arabia
Ahmad al Haznawi - Saudi Arabia
Ziad Jarrah - Lebanon, pilot
Ahmed al Nami - Saudi Arabia"

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2021, 10:50:44 am »
What do you have against the Taliban? I view them as the Afghan version
of the Republican Party. Pro guns, not too keen on democracy, storming
their own capital city. Haha
That people actually compare the two seriously, and not half jokingly, shows how bad things have gotten.

The Republicans are nothing like the Taliban any more than Bernie Sanders is like Mao.

Looking at how two things were similar and proclaiming them so was how we thought during medieval times. Modern reason is based in part in recognizing that key differences are much more essential than similarities.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2021, 10:55:20 am »
That people actually compare the two seriously, and not half jokingly, shows how bad things have gotten.

The Republicans are nothing like the Taliban any more than Bernie Sanders is like Mao.

Well he did point out some uncanny similarities. Both groups do tend to harbour their fair share of religious extremists. However I will acknowledge very few republicans wear those chadors or  tunbaans!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 11:02:05 am by Adel »

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2021, 11:09:35 am »
And very few Republicans prevent girls from going to school or whip people for not praying towards Mecca five times a day, but yeah, other than that, pretty much the same.   :rolleyes:

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2021, 11:14:30 am »
No just funding them, GTFOH.   How many 9/11 hijackers were Sauis? 15 out of 19!!!!!!!

Thatís a logical fallacy.

The 9/11 hijackers werenít sponsored by the Saudi government, just happened to be mostly Saudi. Why so many from there? Saudi Arabia is a rich country because of oil. Saudis are rich enough to travel to other countries and learn how to fly planes. (Did you notice how the hijackers were hideously ugly? Werenít succeeding with women in this life so did jihad to get some in the afterlife.) Afghan people are so poor they donít even have the means to leave their country. Bin Laden was kicked out of Saudi Arabia then went to Sudan, then Taliban controlled Afghanistan.

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2021, 11:23:49 am »
Well he did point out some uncanny similarities. Both groups do tend to harbour their fair share of religious extremists. However I will acknowledge very few republicans wear those chadors or  tunbaans!  ;D
Remember when people on the left would scream about "false equivalence" tactics used by the GOP?

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2021, 11:24:32 am »
List of blame for Afghanistan Situation
1. Bush
2. Obama
3. Trump
4. Biden

List of Blame for Afghanistan Pullout
1. Biden
2. Trump
3. Obama
4. Bush

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2021, 11:31:56 am »
Remember when people on the left would scream about "false equivalence" tactics used by the GOP?
Ah language issues!  ;D

Similarity: Noun
sharing a similar feature or aspect.
Equivalence: noun
the condition of being equal or equivalent in value, worth, function,

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2021, 11:32:37 am »
of course the pullout couldve gone better, but i dont think it could have gone so good as to change your list
more gg more skill

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2021, 11:32:50 am »
List of blame for Afghanistan Situation
1. Bush
2. Obama
3. Trump
4. Biden

List of Blame for Afghanistan Pullout
1. Biden
2. Trump
3. Obama
4. Bush
I think everybody who knows the broad strokes of the situation would agree with that list.

Of course, in my opinion, that list should go back substantially further. The issue has been going on much longer than that. The US has been involved to some extent well before they invaded. They were dabbling with training insurrectionists and supplying arms back when Afghanistan was the USSR's headache. I wouldn't be surprised if they were surreptitiously involved even further back when it was British that were embarrassing themselves there.

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2021, 11:34:18 am »
Thatís a logical fallacy.

The 9/11 hijackers werenít sponsored by the Saudi government, just happened to be mostly Saudi. Why so many from there? Saudi Arabia is a rich country because of oil. Saudis are rich enough to travel to other countries and learn how to fly planes. (Did you notice how the hijackers were hideously ugly? Werenít succeeding with women in this life so did jihad to get some in the afterlife.) Afghan people are so poor they donít even have the means to leave their country. Bin Laden was kicked out of Saudi Arabia then went to Sudan, then Taliban controlled Afghanistan.

We donít know if they did or didnít sponsor 9/11, thereís a few lawsuits now to find out.

https://www.google.co.kr/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5535923001

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2021, 11:40:27 am »
Oh, so now itís a maybe? What we do know is Bin Laden orchestrated the 9/11 attacks from within Afghanistan. The Taliban refused to hand over Bin Laden, so Afghanistan was invaded.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2021, 11:50:32 am »
Yeah, it's time to get out.  But, the withdraw was too quick and too sloppy.  Biden really dropped the ball.  The Taliban wasn't scared of him nor is anyone else. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2021, 12:24:08 pm »
Very little of what we're seeing here has much to do with Mr. Trump's and Mr. Biden's plans.
Regardless of who or how the withdrawal was planned, the Taliban's takeover was inevitable.

Just another notch on the Graveyard of Empires' belt, unfortunately.  :sad:

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2021, 12:32:40 pm »
Oh, so now itís a maybe? What we do know is Bin Laden orchestrated the 9/11 attacks from within Afghanistan. The Taliban refused to hand over Bin Laden, so Afghanistan was invaded.

We do know the first hijackers to arrive were aided by people who had government contacts. You can't say the Saudi government wasn't involved either though that is the point.

Yeah, it's time to get out.  But, the withdraw was too quick and too sloppy.  Biden really dropped the ball.  The Taliban wasn't scared of him nor is anyone else. 

Right because Trump had them shaking in their sandals????

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2021, 12:40:25 pm »
I think everybody who knows the broad strokes of the situation would agree with that list.

Of course, in my opinion, that list should go back substantially further. The issue has been going on much longer than that. The US has been involved to some extent well before they invaded. They were dabbling with training insurrectionists and supplying arms back when Afghanistan was the USSR's headache. I wouldn't be surprised if they were surreptitiously involved even further back when it was British that were embarrassing themselves there.
True, lets not forget Clinton, Bush and Reagan. Bush's relative lack of involvement there is offset by his plentiful involvement there as VP and CIA director.

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2021, 12:43:36 pm »
We do know the first hijackers to arrive were aided by people who had government contacts. You can't say the Saudi government wasn't involved either though that is the point.
Government contacts in a nation with high levels of corruption is a far cry from official sanctioning by the government.

Pablo Escobar and El Chapo were aided by people who had government contacts, that doesn't mean the official position of Venezuela and Mexico was drugs and gangs.

Right because Trump had them shaking in their sandals????
No, but for better or worse, Trump was seen as unpredictable and someone who might potentially go wild. Unpredictable means people will generally be cautious when dealing with them, not necessarily because they fear them but that their reactions might cause more instability than is desirable.

That whole "I might get Soleimani'd thing" would be in the back of their heads.

(That being said, my gut tells me that Soleimani was whacked with tacit approval by elements within the Iranian government. By all accounts, this was the kind of guy that had "Generalissimo El Presidente" potential, which means he had more than his share of domestic enemies who wanted him gone.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 12:51:00 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2021, 12:50:30 pm »
Yes, exactly. If itís a ďmaybeĒ, we canít invade on the basis of that. 
___________________ ___________________ ______

US troops leave equals Taliban takes over.

American troop population: not that high. A few thousand.

Afghan population: 30 million.

Itís gonna suck for them to be under the rule of the Taliban again.

Think about the number asymmetry. The Taliban has 200,000 troops. The U.S. : way lessÖ but was able to hold them back with a tiny fraction of that number. For decades. (Though true success would be convincing Afghan men not to join the Taliban army. How do we do that?)

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2021, 12:51:08 pm »
True, lets not forget Clinton, Bush and Reagan. Bush's relative lack of involvement there is offset by his plentiful involvement there as VP and CIA director.
I was thinking more about Carter and Reagan, but yeah.