Read 4973 times

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Re: I agree with Biden and the Afghan pullout.
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2021, 01:39:49 pm »
Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded that book and The New Confessions of an Economic Hitman. I'll give them a read.

I never read the second one.  You'll have to post tour review in the "books you're reading" thread.  I'll keep an eye out. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2021, 07:05:12 pm »
Pulling out of Afghanistan was the only viable solution. However, Biden not only flat out lied, he did everything the wrong way. He's an idiot, probably losing control of his faculties and clearly not presidential material. The fact he was the best the democrats could come up with and he barely beat Trump says a lot. Especially after that Hillary debacle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKlgHe5ieHc

Biden beating Trump is debatable.  But to those who supported him, well, I hope they're happy.  Harris is even more out to lunch.  She'll just giggle in interviews when asked a tough question.  She's completely incompetent.  Imagine if she took over. 

« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2021, 08:15:53 pm »

« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2021, 08:22:22 pm »
The "Ah, yes," tell for misstating someone's position.

Jesus christ, give it a rest! Literally all you do is misrepresent other peoples' positions to deflect from the fact that you are wrong about everything.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2021, 08:31:35 pm »
ISIS began in 2014 .
Technically, you're correct, but ISIS is the same group of people with the same set of goals as ISIL, which first appeared in 1999. The name change was a form of rebranding when the group broadcasted its intentions of becoming a world-wide caliphate.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2021, 08:35:54 pm »
I can't share the source . 
You mean the tooth fairy demanded anonymity?

• dandred
  • Super Waygook

• March 28, 2012, 11:24:32 am
    • Bucheon
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2021, 06:03:03 am »
Never Trumper sell outs.  RINOs.  Either way the Taliban wasn't scared of Biden and stormed right in.  They would have held off until everyone left under Trump.  If they went back on their word so would Trump. 

Wait, you think the RNC deleting that page is because they are against Trump? Haven't you read 1984?

You political nuance isn't what you think it is.
20 years teaching experience. CELTA, DELTA, MA TESOL, PhD slave  / on hold. Thank you.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2021, 01:50:16 pm »
The Biden cronies are truly incompetant.

When even liberal BBC is calling you out.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3O_nYHoVac

Trump never would have let it go down like this, no matter how many stupid lame excuses the never Trumpers make. 

Withdraw from Afghanistan yes, but do so in a way that would have actually let the Afghan army remain in charge backed by air power.  Once there was no air power backup and infrequent pay for Afghan soldiers, of course it was going to collapse.  If Biden stays after August 31st and the Taliban threaten him will he cry or retreat more into senility?  Trump would bomb the shit out of them and if he said stay out of Kabul until the withdraw is complete, they would have stayed out of Kabul lest they get a military response.  Biden and his weak liberal cohorts are incapable of being tough or strong. 

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2021, 03:09:10 pm »
i agree that biden (or whoever actually proposed this version of the plan) made some serious mistakes. but every president involved up until now made mistakes. trump should've involved the afghan govt in his "let 5000 prisoners go and also we will leave next year" negotiations. obama should've left. bush should've left after the first "mission complete". we only made it this far because the previous presidents, for whatever reasons, were not willing or able to get it done. i wish biden did it better, but at least he did it
more gg more skill

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2021, 03:19:34 pm »
Trump never would have let it go down like this, no matter how many stupid lame excuses the never Trumpers make. 

Withdraw from Afghanistan yes, but do so in a way that would have actually let the Afghan army remain in charge backed by air power.  Once there was no air power backup and infrequent pay for Afghan soldiers, of course it was going to collapse.  If Biden stays after August 31st and the Taliban threaten him will he cry or retreat more into senility?  Trump would bomb the shit out of them and if he said stay out of Kabul until the withdraw is complete, they would have stayed out of Kabul lest they get a military response.  Biden and his weak liberal cohorts are incapable of being tough or strong. 
What is it with you and bombings? The US military has stopped indiscriminately bombing since the end of Vietnam war. The Taliban would have bided their time in cities, and cities are usually packed with civilians, which pretty much rules out much bombing in this day and age of 24 hour news. And you aren't going to win any 'hearts and minds' with bombing cities. You need those troops on the ground if you have any chance of really defeating guys like the Taliban, and I just don't think Americans would have the heart to see mounting American casualties in a long drawn out urban war campaign.

In the end Americans won't really care about what happens in Afghanistan few months later.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2021, 08:07:04 am »
What is it with you and bombings? The US military has stopped indiscriminately bombing since the end of Vietnam war. The Taliban would have bided their time in cities, and cities are usually packed with civilians, which pretty much rules out much bombing in this day and age of 24 hour news. And you aren't going to win any 'hearts and minds' with bombing cities. You need those troops on the ground if you have any chance of really defeating guys like the Taliban, and I just don't think Americans would have the heart to see mounting American casualties in a long drawn out urban war campaign.

In the end Americans won't really care about what happens in Afghanistan few months later.

If someone attacks you, attack them to make them stop attacking you.  If the Taliban hides amongst civilians you can hold the Taliban responsible for it after.  Some other terrorists groups like Hamas would hide missile sites next to a school or under a hospital forcing Israel to bomb it then cry fake tears for the media and pretend victim hood. Of course if Hamas really cared about people, they wouldn't hide their missile sites in those places.  Also, they don't seem to mind targeting Israeli civilians.  Tit for tat.  I prefer to avoid civilians.  But you do hit the enemy when they are hitting you.  Trump did promise to bomb the shit out of ISIS and that is what he did.  The threat dissipated very quickly.  Obama practically did nothing. 

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2021, 09:04:35 am »
Y
If someone attacks you, attack them to make them stop attacking you.  If the Taliban hides amongst civilians you can hold the Taliban responsible for it after.  Some other terrorists groups like Hamas would hide missile sites next to a school or under a hospital forcing Israel to bomb it then cry fake tears for the media and pretend victim hood. Of course if Hamas really cared about people, they wouldn't hide their missile sites in those places.  Also, they don't seem to mind targeting Israeli civilians.  Tit for tat.  I prefer to avoid civilians.  But you do hit the enemy when they are hitting you.  Trump did promise to bomb the shit out of ISIS and that is what he did.  The threat dissipated very quickly.  Obama practically did nothing. 

Your knowledge of the Middle-East is clearly limited to what was Trump's now banned twitter feed.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2021, 09:15:49 am »

Americans will care because this is just the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XJYRLxyDA4

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2021, 09:35:48 am »
Y
Your knowledge of the Middle-East is clearly limited to what was Trump's now banned twitter feed.

My knowledge isn't confined to the propaganda that the censors tell me.  Do what CNN and big tech tell me or be banned.  Truth must be suppressed at all costs.  Information is scary and it must be clocked no matter what.  Only fake news allowed. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2021, 09:37:20 am »
Americans will care because this is just the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XJYRLxyDA4

Yeah, I'm sure they are scared of Biden.  He won't do anything.  It's an empty threat and they know it.  He and most of his leftist buddies are too soft and are largely paper tigers.  Too busy giving into PCism. 

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2021, 09:39:30 am »
Yeah, I'm sure they are scared of Biden.  He won't do anything.  It's an empty threat and they know it.  He and most of his leftist buddies are too soft and are largely paper tigers.  Too busy giving into PCism. 
You really want American troops to stay in Afghanistan another 20 years?

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2021, 09:41:47 am »
American troops have been in South Korea for 70 years. As a result, itís a prosperous country, unlike its neighbors to the north.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2021, 09:44:39 am »
You really want American troops to stay in Afghanistan another 20 years?

No, but the point is Trump would have pulled them out in a way that let the government remain in charge.  There would have been a small number of US troops and some continued air support.  Biden gave none of that.  Also, many folks reportedly weren't paid since January.  Hence the collapse of the Afghan army.  There was a right way and a wrong way to pull out.  Biden botched it.  Also if the Taliban attack US troops or folks after Aug 31st, then what will sleep Joe do?  Go back to sleep? 

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2021, 11:36:05 am »
No, but the point is Trump would have pulled them out in a way that let the government remain in charge.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

When Trump arranged his sniveling surrender, er ah "treaty" with the Taliban which released FIVE THOUSAND hardened Taliban soldiers back into Afghanistan, the official government of Afghanistan was not even included in the process.