Read 12745 times

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
Re: What COVID death rate are you willing to accept for normal life?
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2021, 09:32:14 am »
fascinating, but what does that have to do with this thread

I have a video of Bill Maher explaining why Americans should be less fat. Maybe that will help you understand better.
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" to me." - hangook77

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2021, 09:34:49 am »
I have a video of Bill Maher explaining why Americans should be less fat. Maybe that will help you understand better.

Pffft!  I have John Stossel on why you shouldn't be sedentary!

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2021, 09:37:58 am »
Stossel’s in good shape. Rides a bike to work. Age 74. Bill Maher’s also in good shape. Age 65. They’re not afraid of the coronavirus.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2021, 09:42:25 am »
If humans were healthier, that’d mean less coronavirus.

Good immune system = neutralizing the virus before it has a chance to replicate, mutate and spread.

Catching it would be no big deal. People wouldn’t even know they’ve had it.

How unhealthy are humans? VERY unhealthy. Imagine how many less deaths we’d have if people exercised a bit and ate healthier food. How many do that? Not many.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2021, 09:44:25 am »
Stossel’s in good shape. Rides a bike to work. Age 74. Bill Maher’s also in good shape. Age 65. They’re not afraid of the coronavirus.

good for stossel and maher. its my dearest wish to one day possess their great degree of ignorance and suicidal self-confidence

If humans were healthier, that’d mean less coronavirus.

Good immune system = neutralizing the virus before it has a chance to replicate, mutate and spread.

Catching it would be no big deal. People wouldn’t even know they’ve had it.

How unhealthy are humans? VERY unhealthy. Imagine how many less deaths we’d have if people exercised a bit and ate healthier food. How many do that? Not many.

source? (other than a bill maher video)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 09:46:06 am by 745sticky »

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2021, 09:50:42 am »
Source: my eyes. And all the reading I’ve done. Coupled with life experience.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2021, 10:05:50 am »
fair enough,  your opinion has been considered and disregarded

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2021, 10:46:54 am »
Well I can't understand why the WHO hasn't got on board with LI's suggestion. Just think how many lives could've been saved in places like Indonesia and India if people just heeded his message and simply got healthier. Why didn't anyone else come up with this?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 10:53:18 am by Adel »

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2021, 10:53:28 am »
Since vaccines are slow to reach many areas, the best thing people can do to protect themselves and others is to be healthy.

Even in the presence of vaccinations, this is true.

The less healthy a person is, the less protective the vaccine benefits.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2021, 10:59:37 am »
Humans are stubborn and lazy. Try getting people exercise and eat healthier. They don’t want to. Which is why obesity is so high and growing in the world. Hopefully people can change for the better but the likelihood is slim. It’s an uphill battle… but worth the try.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2021, 11:16:55 am »
Just think how many lives could've been saved in places like Indonesia and India if people just heeded his message and simply got healthier.

True. The healthier a person is, the less likely the virus is to mutate in their body. The healthier a person is, the less likely they are to be a super spreader. We want to neutralize the virus within our bodies ASAP to stop/slow the spread. The longer it stays in one’s body the longer the period of contagion, meaning the more it will be spread across the globe. Being healthier is something tangible we can all do to save lives. The lives of those with weakened immune systems. The obese. The elderly.

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2021, 11:21:00 am »
Why not both?

I think some understate the importance of overall health to the COVID issue.
I also think some willfully ignore the benefits of things like vaccines or certain social distancing measures and just throw out "health" because they're doing the equivalent of a kid who doesn't want to take a bath and throws a temper tantrum.

But the fact is that sooner or later the bill is going to come due for all this economic disruption and that might well exceed the lives saved, especially considering the fact that the people whose lives are being saved often only have 5-10 years AT MOST left in them. Is it worth it to severely impact the lives of people 18-45 in order to add a few more years to people who basically are non-productive and in some cases outright invalided? And keep in mind the 18-45 are going to be responsible for the welfare of those most vulnerable, a massively increasing group. At some point you have to consider the question of sustainability and quality of life. That and human beings need to come to grips with the fact that yes, you are going to die.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2021, 11:21:46 am »
Humans are stubborn and lazy. Try getting people exercise and eat healthier. They don’t want to. Which is why obesity is so high and growing in the world. Hopefully people can change for the better but the likelihood is slim. It’s an uphill battle… but worth the try.

And you seem to have found a way to spread that message in a manner that motivates people. I'm sure you have changed many lives for the better.
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" to me." - hangook77

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2021, 11:24:34 am »
i, for one, find LI's posts positively edifying

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2021, 11:30:48 am »
If humans become healthier, the pandemic will end sooner. Also less deaths. I think that’s what we all want.

On the other hand, if nothing is said about health, the pandemic will drag on longer and longer, and more people will die. That’s what we all don’t want.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2021, 12:24:45 pm »
Well I can't understand why the WHO hasn't got on board

They have. Hopefully people will listen.
___________________ ___________________ __

Regular physical activity benefits both the body and mind. It can reduce high blood pressure, help manage weight and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and various cancers - all conditions that can increase susceptibility to COVID-19.

https://www.who.int/news-room/campaigns/connecting-the-world-to-combat-coronavirus/healthyathome/healthyathome---physical-activity

Smokers have a higher risk of getting coronavirus because they are constantly putting their hands to their lips.

And then, if they get coronavirus, they run a greater risk of getting a severe case because their lung function is impaired.

Quit today to reduce these risks and start living a healthier life.

https://www.who.int/campaigns/connecting-the-world-to-combat-coronavirus/healthyathome/healthyathome---quitting-tobacco

Eating a healthy diet is very important during the COVID-19 pandemic. What we eat and drink can affect our body’s ability to prevent, fight and recover from infections.

https://www.who.int/campaigns/connecting-the-world-to-combat-coronavirus/healthyathome/healthyathome---healthy-diet

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2021, 12:44:11 pm »
They have. Hopefully people will listen.
___________________ ___________________ __

I'm sure your sure campaign here in Waygookistan will make all the difference in raising awareness to importance of a healthy lifestyle. I must admit that I've been guilty of skipping my regular gym visits this past couple of weeks as I've waited for the full effectiveness of the 2nd jab of my vaccine to kick in before risking  the chance of an infection.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2021, 07:02:34 pm »
40% of deer tested in 2021 had covid-19 antibodies. In Michigan, 60%. Deer aren’t dying or suffering any ill effects. Why is that? At least part of it is they’re not sedentary and obese. They walk around and eat healthy food.
Deer run free, why can't we?

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2021, 07:07:25 pm »
Why not both?

I think some understate the importance of overall health to the COVID issue.
I also think some willfully ignore the benefits of things like vaccines or certain social distancing measures and just throw out "health" because they're doing the equivalent of a kid who doesn't want to take a bath and throws a temper tantrum.

But the fact is that sooner or later the bill is going to come due for all this economic disruption and that might well exceed the lives saved, especially considering the fact that the people whose lives are being saved often only have 5-10 years AT MOST left in them. Is it worth it to severely impact the lives of people 18-45 in order to add a few more years to people who basically are non-productive and in some cases outright invalided? And keep in mind the 18-45 are going to be responsible for the welfare of those most vulnerable, a massively increasing group. At some point you have to consider the question of sustainability and quality of life. That and human beings need to come to grips with the fact that yes, you are going to die.
Just because someone isn't pulling an oar in SS. Capitalism doesn't mean they are non-productive. This is reductionist thinking with a Nazi twist.

As for the economy, the rich keep getting richer, thus no reason for Rs to worry.

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2021, 07:08:37 pm »
Deer run free, why can't we?

Ummm, an often neglected therapy for Covid 19!
Why hasn't this taken off in Korea LI?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 07:11:23 pm by Adel »