Read 14935 times

Re: It makes me sick at my stomach
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2021, 04:35:07 pm »
I wouldn't want to be a pedestrian in Texas or Canada most of the year.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2021, 08:47:55 pm »
I watched that video a week or two ago when it popped up on the youtube algorithm for no apparent reason.

It didn't describe Vancouver or Montreal (nor Seattle, San Francisco, Boston or New York) but it reminded me of Calgary.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 09:45:46 pm by VanIslander »

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2021, 10:50:26 pm »
I watched that video a week or two ago when it popped up on the youtube algorithm for no apparent reason.

It didn't describe Vancouver or Montreal (nor Seattle, San Francisco, Boston or New York) but it reminded me of Calgary.
Vancouver? Maybe if you live in Vancouver proper, but if live in most places outside of it you most likely need a car.

Toronto used to have issues, but they really ramped up their bus services in the 90s.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2021, 11:12:32 pm »
Vancouver? Maybe if you live in Vancouver proper, but if live in most places outside of it you most likely need a car.
Vancouver, my hometown Burnaby, North Van, West Van, New Westminster, Surrey.

Of course, big flat Richmond and far out Abbortsford, Langley and Ladner (we had a little weekend farm there in the 70's) are car or long bus dependent.

Lots of bike lanes though.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:19:06 pm by VanIslander »

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2021, 02:19:08 am »
From Wikipedia:

“Type 2 diabetes primarily occurs as a result of obesity and lack of exercise.”

“Type 2 diabetes makes up about 90% of cases of diabetes.”

“Type 2 diabetes is largely preventable by staying a normal weight, exercising regularly, and eating a healthy diet.”

“Treatment involves exercise and dietary changes.”

“Rates of type 2 diabetes have increased markedly since 1960 in parallel with obesity.”

Preventable is different from what you originally stated. You said it could be cured.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2021, 02:25:00 am »
The best vaccine for COVID- Moderna. Most of the others have an American partner too. The only one that doesn't- Astra Zeneca, isn't up to the level of the others.

This highlights the nature of things- the U.S. is at the lead of R&D and advances. This is because it IS a private system with huge benefits for corporations. This enables this level of innovation we can share with the world (sell to). The cost? Some citizens can fall through the cracks and there is a massive racket going on.
What if you can't get the vaccine, which is the case for most of the world?

How many of the drugs produced by big pharma actually cure something? That would be dramatic.

Many of the cures they tout on TV so weaken one's immunosystem that one is always catching colds or worse.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2021, 02:26:52 am »
This video I watched recently reminded me of my experience in American suburbia in another state.  A couple of other relatives complained of the same thing.  Inconsistent sidewalks randomly ending and no space for walking or bikes.  Everything literally is set up for the car.  It is fine to have wide roads as they should but put a bike lane and sidewalk next to it in the planning phase is all.  There are many things I like about America but this is not one of them. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxykI30fS54

I also visited a few others though I did not stay there.  Seemed pretty consistent this way to me.  Though some western states I have not been to and may have been different.  So far as I can tell in Canada outside Toronto most suburbs have consistent sidewalks and such. 
This is one thing Sleepy Joe's infrastructure plan would help with. But r's don't want to hear it.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2021, 02:59:56 am »
Preventable is different from what you originally stated. You said it could be cured.
Type 2 diabetes is reversable through food and lifestyle choices. Research for the last few decades bears this out.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2021, 07:34:03 am »
This is one thing Sleepy Joe's infrastructure plan would help with. But r's don't want to hear it.

Actually, I thought most of his bill was windmills and solar panels.  Not actual highways and roadways. 

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2021, 08:15:18 am »
Where did you get that idea? "Roads, bridges and major projects" is literally the biggest item on the bill.

https://smartasset.com/financial-advisor/biden-infrastructure-plan

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2021, 09:41:08 am »
Where did you get that idea? "Roads, bridges and major projects" is literally the biggest item on the bill.

https://smartasset.com/financial-advisor/biden-infrastructure-plan

It's a moot point.  A bi partisan Senate bill passed is said to fail in the house as the far left crazies will block it. 

Also the original proposals were not what was in this bi partisan bill.

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2021, 10:06:33 am »
Can you show me these original proposals?

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2021, 10:11:19 am »
"Original proposals" is a meaningless term for big bills like these. The whole point of original bills is for them to be negotiated over and certain stuff hacked away and used as favors and so on.

Anyone thinking an original bill is what they actually realistically wanted is an idiot.
Join the DeMart Fan Club!
Shout out to WhenInRome... the first member. Thank you my son!

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2021, 10:43:14 am »
Actually, I have spent time in American suburbia and stayed for a while.  How long have you lived there?

“Spent time” means what? And where? Let’s be specific. I lived in Summit, N.J. for  a year and did my senior year of high school there.  Got my first driver’s license there and tooled all over the area. As I moved back to Toronto  I continued to visit four or five times a year for the next ten years.  As a result I feel I have some valid knowledge of the suburban areas of New Jersey and the tri-state area.  What American suburban area do you live in?   Actually, you feel you can speak for all American and Canadian suburbia so I’m very interested in reading your list. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2021, 02:20:43 pm »
“Spent time” means what? And where? Let’s be specific. I lived in Summit, N.J. for  a year and did my senior year of high school there.  Got my first driver’s license there and tooled all over the area. As I moved back to Toronto  I continued to visit four or five times a year for the next ten years.  As a result I feel I have some valid knowledge of the suburban areas of New Jersey and the tri-state area.  What American suburban area do you live in?   Actually, you feel you can speak for all American and Canadian suburbia so I’m very interested in reading your list. 

Good for you.  Chip on your shoulder much?  You always seem to have some need to argue with me on something. 

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2021, 02:36:25 pm »
Good for you.  Chip on your shoulder much?  You always seem to have some need to argue with me on something. 

Calling you out on bullsh*t is having a chip on my shoulder?   So if someone writes something that is just not true and people point it out, the fault lies with the person who pointed it out?  Now, that sounds like someone who has a chip on their shoulder. 

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2021, 04:00:37 pm »
hangook, when do you think Trump will be reinstated as President?

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2021, 05:26:21 pm »
Calling you out on bullsh*t is having a chip on my shoulder?   So if someone writes something that is just not true and people point it out, the fault lies with the person who pointed it out?  Now, that sounds like someone who has a chip on their shoulder. 

What BS?  The video of suburban Texas was the exact same thing in some suburban areas I stayed in.  In the midwestern states.  Inconsistent sidewalks, narrow roads, etc.  The urban cores of major cities did have sidewalks and even cycle lanes in some cases.  But many suburban areas were pretty inconsistent.  As for big cities, the GTA suburbs in Canada did have consistency there much like my hometown and area. 

You also took the same impossible stance when I said it was possible to make over 3 million won.  Got almost mad in tone denying it was possible, 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2021, 05:30:23 pm »
hangook, when do you think Trump will be reinstated as President?

Not sure what this has to do with infrastructure.  I have never given a date.  So, those who said March or August or whenever are different from me.  I am only guessing by end of year or before maybe into next year.  Investigations continue though the media ignores it and big tech shuts down or censors discussion of it.  I appreciate all Mike Lindell does but wish he'd be more calm in his voice and demeanor as it lets the far left turn him into a character.  Still I don't have a date as I cannot predict how long investigates will take and how much the resistance will be. 

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2021, 08:08:50 pm »
It's a moot point.  A bi partisan Senate bill passed is said to fail in the house as the far left crazies will block it. 

Also the original proposals were not what was in this bi partisan bill.
You underestimate Pelosi.