Read 2170 times

• Lazio
  • Expert Waygook

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
Re: Creative lessons at this Ohrinnee Jeep
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2021, 09:36:21 am »
Yes she is a native Korean speaker but you haven't actually heard it from her though have you. You've made a judgement based on the way I have Romanised it. Romanizing Hangul is fraught with inaccuracy and translating it to day-care centre would have involved a loss of authenticity that I would associate with that uniquely Korean sounding institution  when I hear 어린이집.

Perhaps you could temper this tendency towards linguistic imperialism! :laugh:

You are right! I haven't heard your wife saying it. But I heard it plenty of times from lots of people to know, that is very far from the actual pronunciation.
Not sure why would you describe a daycare center as a uniquely Korean sounding institution.

Now, if you'll excuse me...
I have to drive my Jeep from my jeep to my friend's jeep and pick up some ohrinnee kimbap on the way.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2021, 09:40:14 am »
You are right! I haven't heard your wife saying it. But I heard it plenty of times from lots of people to know, that is very far from the actual pronunciation.
Not sure why would you describe a daycare center as a uniquely Korean sounding institution.

I have to drive my Jeep from my jeep to my friend's jeep and pick up some ohrinnee kimbap on the way.

No dude,  daycare center(sic)  in not a uniquely Korean sounding institution, 어린이집 is !

• Lazio
  • Expert Waygook

• Gyeongi-do
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2021, 10:40:01 am »

No dude,  daycare center(sic)  in not a uniquely Korean sounding institution, 어린이집 is !

Dude, this is a Korean forum so a daycare CENTER would naturally mean 어린이집 for most. A lot more obvious way than a not so great attempt at reinventing romanization.
Btw. if you feel like you must romanize, Google Translate would do a lot better job. For future reference, it says: eolin-ijib.
You're welcome!

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2021, 10:51:19 am »
Dude, this is a Korean forum so a daycare CENTER would naturally mean 어린이집 for most. A lot more obvious way than a not so great attempt at reinventing romanization.
Btw. if you feel like you must romanize, Google Translate would do a lot better job. For future reference, it says: eolin-ijib.
You're welcome!

Perhaps you should go back an re-read the original reasoning for having to Romanize, but if that is how you would pronounce 어린이집 , good luck to you! :-*

*PS Do yourself a favour.  Dump that Chrysler sh*tbox and buy a decent Korean car!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 11:02:28 am by Adel »

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2021, 10:56:24 am »
It did read like some Jeep dealership in a town with an Indigenous American name at first, but Adel's romanization wasn't wrong. Just unusual.

• Lazio
  • Expert Waygook

• Gyeongi-do
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2021, 11:03:15 am »
Perhaps you should go back an re-read the original reasoning for having to Romanize, but if that is how you would pronounce 어린이집 , good luck to you! :-*

*PS do yourself a favour and dump that Chrysler sh*tbox and buy a decent Korean car!

Perhaps you should ask your ''jeep saram'' to break it down to you.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2021, 11:16:24 am »
Perhaps you should ask your ''jeep saram'' to break it down to you.

Get yourself one of these dude!

Those two 2.2 litre diesel turbos are worth every penny!

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2021, 12:04:10 pm »
Damn, its hot today. I feel sticky icky!

• Sagi Keun
  • Adventurer

• May 10, 2018, 11:47:23 am
    • Los Angeles
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2021, 11:33:02 pm »

I've found the ohrrineee  jeep!

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2021, 05:20:41 am »

I've found the ohrrineee  jeep!

Nah, you've spelt it wrong dude. One 'r', two 'e's and two 'n's!
And what's up with the lack of CAPITALIZATION? >:(
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 05:42:57 am by Adel »