Read 2051 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: MBC in trouble for the 3rd time!
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2021, 02:38:30 pm »
And don't come back with a chicken joke!

Stop egging me on then.

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2021, 06:06:56 pm »
I'm sorry CO2. It's just that I've been cooped up for so long, and I'm getting hen pecked by my wife. I just lay around waiting for something eggciting to happen. But I guess I'm not the rooster I used to be...you know...I don't have the same grit anymore... not even a shell of my former self. I don't even count my chickens before they hatch these days.  Maybe If I stopped worrying about my thighs and bought some new drumsticks instead, it would put a smile on my face and make me crow again.  :cheesy:

So sorry for burning your eyes out. I've always wanted to try my hand at one of these. Perfect timing for chicken puns.  ;D

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2021, 06:55:13 pm »
Had to bring this one in, did the adjectives lesson today and brought a few snacks, played some different music and showed the students this to
get them to write down some adjectives.

Probably the coolest and most badass video of SA schoolboy rugby.
Insane talent, especially from those wingers.

Boys loved the video, especially when the wingers stepped the guys into ankle breakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EboHT52_4eA&t=225s&ab_channel=DieHardRugby
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 06:57:06 pm by Aristocrat »

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2021, 07:20:41 pm »
Some great talent coming through. Springbok rugby is looking good at the moment and judging by the young men on display, the future is also looking good.

That fullback 'Twalla' maybe, hard to catch his name. Wow, what a step! And 'Usman', again hard to catch, but what a talent. All speed. I hope to see them in green and gold someday.

The thing is, and what I was previously trying to talk about was that if you are a true rugby fan, then it's great to see the Boks strong, It's great to see the Aussies firing, and it would be fantastic to see Wales beat the 'Blacks'.

Anyway, glad your students enjoyed it.

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2021, 10:15:14 pm »
Had to bring this one in, did the adjectives lesson today and brought a few snacks, played some different music and showed the students this to
get them to write down some adjectives.

Probably the coolest and most badass video of SA schoolboy rugby.
Insane talent, especially from those wingers.

Boys loved the video, especially when the wingers stepped the guys into ankle breakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EboHT52_4eA&t=225s&ab_channel=DieHardRugby

Some hardcore gay stuff right there. What is their gender?

• Sagi Keun
  • Veteran

• May 10, 2018, 11:47:23 am
    • Los Angeles
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2021, 12:43:58 am »
Didn't know that Black South Africans didn't like rugby too much.

Well of course you don't know. You're not south african and have probably never even visited the country in your life.

the difference is, I didn't claim to know everything about New zealand or act as moral judge over your country from afar. 

Unlike the know-all arrogant westerners who have been interfering in and ruining other  countries for decades.

When thousands of NZ demonstrators  protested the boks after getting whipped back in 1981, they were projecting their own racial insecurities onto a foreign country in an effort to exorcise their own racial guilt. It was a reflection of the depth of racism in your own country. By pointing the finger at South Africa you get to act as if you're pure as snow. This is how it was for South Africa, the scapegoat of the international community.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/racism-is-endogenous-to-new-zealand
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 12:46:06 am by Sagi Keun »

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2021, 09:08:57 am »
Okay Sagi Keun. Point taken. Yes, NZ should be careful where it points its finger.

Just remember though, the 81 tour protesters were just that...protesters (and thugs looking for a bit of violence). For the most part, they were not rugby supporters. Their actions, right or wrong, divided NZ society. Half the country wanted politics kept out of sport, and just wanted to watch rugby. The protesters may of had the governments ear, but rugby fans and rugby administration just wanted to play the old rival, and hopefully get a win. I said it a few posts back, the boks were the best at the time, and had been for decades. Not arguing that point again.
I was 20 years old during the 81 tour, and like so many others, just wanted to watch footy. Never thought about the politics.

Look, I left NZ 28 years ago. I have no connections there anymore. And apart from what I read, I have no idea what's going on over there. You are really talking to the wrong person.

And as I said before, If you want to talk rugby, start a thread. I'll happily participate as long as it doesn't turn into mud slinging.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 11:43:40 am by Kurt Sorensen »

• Sagi Keun
  • Veteran

• Los Angeles
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2021, 10:31:03 pm »

Just remember though, the 81 tour protesters were just that...protesters (and thugs looking for a bit of violence). For the most part, they were not rugby supporters. Their actions, right or wrong, divided NZ society. Half the country wanted politics kept out of sport, and just wanted to watch rugby.

Interesting point. Yeah that kinda makes sense.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2021, 08:13:06 am »
Just remember though, the 81 tour protesters were just that...protesters (and thugs looking for a bit of violence). For the most part, they were not rugby supporters. Their actions, right or wrong, divided NZ society. Half the country wanted politics kept out of sport, and just wanted to watch rugby.

Interesting point. Yeah that kinda makes sense.

While I kinda agree with this point as a Saffer, it REALLY  gets up my nose that the international sporting community allow China with its myriad of human rights abuses to host the Winter Olympics next year. SA was banned from the Olympics while we had Apartheid which was totally evil but pales in comparison to what is happening in China right now.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2021, 08:19:42 am »
The Chinese government harvests organs from prisoners as POLICY.

The world refuses to use the word 'evil' or the like, as most things are "made in China".

A Canadian teacher in China was put in jail (and "disappeared") simply because the Canadian Prime Minister said something against China.

• Sagi Keun
  • Veteran

• Los Angeles
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2021, 12:37:56 am »
While I kinda agree with this point as a Saffer, it REALLY  gets up my nose that the international sporting community allow China with its myriad of human rights abuses to host the Winter Olympics next year. SA was banned from the Olympics while we had Apartheid which was totally evil but pales in comparison to what is happening in China right now.

It was because SA struck a chord in the west. It reflected back onto them their own racist past.

By eliminating racism in a far away country, they felt they were exorcising their own shameful past of slavery.

So by pointing a finger at those terrible racist white south africans, they could then poses as morally superior and dump all their shame and guilt on the white S. Africans.

There was never any slavery in South Africa and America is utterly racially segregated, but yeah ... according to the UK and US they're oh so superior to those redneck Saffers.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2021, 12:25:32 pm »
Did they ever get in trouble the first time?  Remember when they did that hit piece on foreigners going to Itaewon several years back?