Read 1947 times

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
Re: Starting to regret not getting a/c for the home
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2021, 12:37:11 pm »
Middle-aged man not even living in Korea anymore posts again!

C'mon Marty you can do better than that!

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2021, 12:47:37 pm »
Well, how else would hear a loud buzz hum coming into my room all night?  Mine purrs very quietly.  I can barely hear mine.  SO, why would I loudly hear my neighbors from 2 floors up?  Of course some of it is the poor build of my apartment I think.  But still 2 previous summers and no issue ever till now. 
I believe you are confusing malfunctioning with cheap and inefficient. What you're probably hearing is a compressor that is slowly dying. I assume the noise is coming from the condenser unit (aka the box outside the apartment with the fan)? Could you describe the noise it is making? Also, how big is their apartment?

Regardless of brand, unless you're running some serious industrial unit, any standard wall-mount or one of those standing ones should make similar amounts of noise. Whether it be Carrier or Samsung or Winnia or whatever. The difference in efficiency these days between brands, even cheap ones, is much less than 20 years ago.

If their condenser unit is making that much noise, it means they need to do maintenance on it. I mean, I guess they could have salvaged an old one and that's why it's "cheap" and "inefficient" but I think in this case the term is just "old" and possible "ill-cared for". Hopefully they'll get it fixed and there's just a delay because HVAC services are in demand right now.
Join the DeMart Fan Club!
Shout out to WhenInRome... the first member. Thank you my son!

• SPQR
  • Expert Waygook

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2021, 12:48:05 pm »

Middle-aged man not even living in Korea anymore posts again!

What's wrong Butt-Crack? You're feelings hurt again?

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2021, 12:52:47 pm »
The Korean Sentry would be a sick superhero name tho

Definitely beats out Taegukgi.

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2021, 01:00:05 pm »
Well, how else would hear a loud buzz hum coming into my room all night?  Mine purrs very quietly.  I can barely hear mine.  SO, why would I loudly hear my neighbors from 2 floors up?  Of course some of it is the poor build of my apartment I think.  But still 2 previous summers and no issue ever till now.
Okay, so how big is your place exactly? And how are you hearing this from TWO floors up? And where is the buzzing concentrated from? Is it the condenser unit outside their apartment? Or is it coming from inside their apartment?

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2021, 01:01:49 pm »
What's wrong Butt-Crack? You're feelings hurt again?
No, I am not feelings hurt again.

I have to say for a couple of people who supposedly have it made in their late 40s-50s (or is it 60s?) You guys sure seem to be living lives of quiet desperation.

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2021, 01:08:02 pm »
C'mon Marty you can do better than that!
I could, but why? That's all that needs to be said: You're a middle-aged man, not even living in Korea, posting on a forum about Korea simply to pick fights with other posters.

Congrats on your life.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2021, 01:13:06 pm »
What's wrong Butt-Crack?
lol are you 8 years old? if you're gonna be a dickhead an insult someone at least commit to something bannable
more gg more skill

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2021, 01:14:08 pm »
I could, but why? That's all that needs to be said: You're a middle-aged man, not even living in Korea, posting on a forum about Korea simply to pick fights with other posters.

Congrats on your life.
I'm sorry that you took offense Marty. I don't see why you wouldn't wear the title of ' The Korean Sentry' with pride though. There's no need to get all sensitive and butthurt about it!  :-*

• Renma
  • Veteran

• September 01, 2014, 06:09:42 am
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2021, 01:21:06 pm »
Why do you and gogators etc come here just to fight with Marty though? It makes for tedious reading for the rest of us.

• SPQR
  • Expert Waygook

• Sierra Leone
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2021, 01:21:06 pm »
lol are you 8 years old? if you're gonna be a dickhead an insult someone at least commit to something bannable

Hey man, I'm not the one posting about guy's sweaty taints.

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2021, 01:26:11 pm »
I don't care if you anoint me Korean Sentry or not.

I do think it's hilarious that you talk shit on this site when you're a middle-aged man who doesn't even live in Korea but whose life is so empty that the best thing he can do is to come here and pick fights with people. At least go be a merry troll on some site in wherever the F it is you live now.

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2021, 01:28:41 pm »
Why do you and gogators etc come here just to fight with Marty though? It makes for tedious reading for the rest of us.
Because I live rent-free in their heads and I think it's fing hilarious that I do. Also, looks like I can add SPQR to that list now that he's starting to have this homoerotic obsession with me and taints.

Maybe I should come up with a musical jingle that I'll link to that will just burrow into their brains. I think it would be hilarious if these guys spent the last 20 years of their empty lives with that jingle in their head and just ranting on various internet forums. Well, 20 years for Adel and gogators!. SPQR sounds like he won't last that long given his declining attention span and "limit of 14 units" which, lets be real, if you're at the point of meticulously counting your alcohol servings, is a sign that there's been some serious problems in your past. So SPQR probably has 10 of functionality, followed by 10 of semi-coherence. Enjoy arguing with me during that time SPQR!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 01:32:22 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2021, 01:29:40 pm »

Well I still have ties to Korea and language education but more than anything I enjoy the comical style and banter of discussion forums such as this. If you find it tedious you can always put me on ignore. No disrespect, but I can't say I've actually noticed or responded to any of your posts anyway.

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2021, 01:33:26 pm »
Well I still have ties to Korea and language education but more than anything I enjoy the comical style and banter of discussion forums such as this. If you find it tedious you can always put me on ignore. No disrespect, but I can't say I've actually noticed or responded to any of your posts anyway.
Awww, that almost makes me feel warm inside. I take back some of the more cruel stuff I wrote above. It was all in jest anyways.

Comical style and banter? Worthy of notice?

Damnit Adel, do you really think this highly of me?

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2021, 02:15:51 pm »
Careful Marti don't get too caught up in yourself.  I guess you have a point in that you're probably not that worthy of too much attention, but in between other things I do find the forum as a whole entertaining.  Over a year of intermittent lock-downs & teaching online will do that to a bloke!

• SPQR
  • Expert Waygook

• Sierra Leone
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2021, 02:16:35 pm »

From what I can see Butt-Crack is almost always the first to troll
other users, come back with a snide remark, put someone down
or otherwise derail a thread. He/She seems to really get off on
seeing anything he /she wrote, regardless of how inane.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2021, 03:16:15 pm »
Wow.  This is getting intense. 

• SPQR
  • Expert Waygook

• Sierra Leone
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2021, 04:35:02 pm »
Wow.  This is getting intense. 

Not really. Anonymous pixels on a screen. If we
were all in a state penitentiary together, it would
be intense.

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2021, 04:38:14 pm »
There have always been a few weeks where I wished I had a/c in my apartment but just didn't see it as a worthwhile expense.  Spend around 600,000 won for something I'd use sparingly for a couple of months a year didn't seem worth it.  Especially as you never know if renewals will happen.  But, this year is going to be tough.  It already has been.  I researched it last year with a Korean "family" member because I was going to be stuck here all summer for the first time in a long time.  He said I'd also have to pay for them to come with one of those cherry picker machines to install a rack outside my balcony for the unit, plus the installation and the unit.  I declined and it was a pretty reasonable summer, but this year "fcuk!"  We've already had three tough weeks and we may have a month more of worse heat.  Usually I'm out of here for the first few weeks of August and I miss the worst of it.  Was not here for those horrid record breaking days in 2018.  Last Sunday my gf was recovering from her second vaccine shot so I didn't get to go over to immerse myself in her central a/c so I loaded a couple of books on the ipad and struck out riding the rails for the day.  Took the subway out away from Seoul and always had a seat.  Whenever I got hungry I would head towards somewhere to pop and eat.  Visited Songdo Costco and Gimpo Lotte Mall.  Didn't get home until after nine when things had cooled a bit.  This is going to be a summer of endurance. 

You sound like a 75 year old adjeosshi.  Are you going to hang out at the train station too?
https://www.costco.co.kr/Appliances/Seasonal-Appliances/Air-ConditionersCooling/Geek-Aire-Air-Cooler-60L-CAP-060P/p/640337