Read 1012 times

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
Re: 3.2% chance Jeff Bezos will snuff it in the next 12 hours
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2021, 10:35:47 pm »
Ouch. I hope at least something got saved. One thing nice about the future is no more closets being filled with boxes of photos and Carousels.
I don't know if it was a ham radio or something else. All I know was it was filled with a bunch of electrical stuff and I was strictly forbidden from going in and touching anything. I wonder if he still has all that stuff...

1969 in SE Asia? Yeesh. Quite the gutsy move. Must have had some harrowing times, even if Thailand wasn't the eye of the storm.

His sister, my Aunt Dotty, told me when I stayed with her family for a while after I graduated from college that she always believed he was a spy.  I've been drinkin' some Tsingtao tonight and I wonder if that was true.  Those radio stations may have been broadcasting more than the word of gahd...  Later, we went to Zimbabwe, which was Rhodesia then, fighting off a "communist insurgency" from Zambia in the mid-seventies.  When I was in college, my dad went to Gitmo as a GS rate at NAS AAWCS and finished his career at St Mary's doing defensive radar array on the Trident subs.  In his late 50s, he would be lowered onto a sub as it came back from an exercise from a helicopter to assess the systems.

Of course, that's him.  I've just always been a teacher.  Shaking Neil Armstrong's hand sounds pretty pathetic in comparison.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: 3.2% chance Jeff Bezos will snuff it in the next 12 hours
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2021, 12:55:47 am »
Rich boys and their toys.hare price.

It's not all that hard to imagine some what used to be called counterculture type sabotaging the flight. That would sure put a hurting on Amazon's share price.