Read 1609 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: So, deskwarming is watch netflix or something else?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2021, 10:04:27 am »
Oh, thanks. Under the name Banged Up Abroad itís listed at season 12 rather than season 10. (So I was errantly searching for season 12.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banged_Up_Abroad

(The whole newest season looks SO good.)

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2021, 11:19:27 am »
You forgot about those like you that talk about what can be done, but then do nothing. 
Thank you for adding another category to the list of "types of men" and not adding any ideas for the OP to pass the time.

It's good people like you are tackling the problem of certain posters straying off-topic and being unnecessarily argumentative.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 11:20:59 am by Mr.DeMartino »

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2021, 11:25:10 am »
Thank you for adding another category to the list of "types of men" and not adding any ideas for the OP to pass the time.

It's good people like you are tackling the problem of certain posters straying off-topic and being unnecessarily argumentative.

Not a problem I'm at all interested in tackling.  The random directions these threads take is what I find interesting.  If the OP is wondering after a decade how to cope with desk warming I don't have much to offer beyond build that damn boat.  He can take a free trial of Netflix or Amazon Prime and figure out if they are worth the cost of admission on his own. 

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2021, 11:30:02 am »
Not a problem I'm at all interested in tackling.  The random directions these threads take is what I find interesting. 
I see, when YOU take things in a random direction and start arguments, it is fine. When I do it, it is wrong. I guess I will adjust things accordingly. Thanks for the notice and for being a standup guy about it.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2021, 11:37:10 am »
I see, when YOU take things in a random direction and start arguments, it is fine. When I do it, it is wrong. I guess I will adjust things accordingly. Thanks for the notice and for being a standup guy about it.

You summed it up pretty well, there.  When others do it, for the most part it's not a problem.  When YOU do it, it is. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2021, 11:44:28 am »
Oh, thanks. Under the name Banged Up Abroad itís listed at season 12 rather than season 10. (So I was errantly searching for season 12.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banged_Up_Abroad

(The whole newest season looks SO good.)

So, does Netflix do documentary shows too?

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2021, 11:53:03 am »
You summed it up pretty well, there.  When others do it, for the most part it's not a problem.  When YOU do it, it is. 
Well as long as you're being objective and applying standards equally and fairly.

Thanks again for offering no ideas and starting an off-topic argument. It really wasn't a problem as you've shown.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2021, 12:02:23 pm »
Well as long as you're being objective and applying standards equally and fairly.

Thanks again for offering no ideas and starting an off-topic argument. It really wasn't a problem as you've shown.

I'm not objective when it comes to you.  I don't extend the same level of respect to you that I do most other posters. 

OP asked about Netflix.  I suggested he take the free trial and decide for himself.  He can also take the shorter free trial of Amazon Prime and see what he likes there.  I could've wasted time by suggesting he pace the halls and try to walk 10,000 steps in the school, take up painting, look at the internet, learn to break dance in the gym, or decorate the classroom.  All routine and pedestrian activities like you suggested.  Unlike you, I wasn't going to state random obvious ideas and pat myself on the back for being "helpful."

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2021, 12:04:16 pm »
so no ones got jackbox?

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2021, 12:23:15 pm »
I'm not objective when it comes to you.  I don't extend the same level of respect to you that I do most other posters. 

OP asked about Netflix.  I suggested he take the free trial and decide for himself.  He can also take the shorter free trial of Amazon Prime and see what he likes there.  I could've wasted time by suggesting he pace the halls and try to walk 10,000 steps in the school, take up painting, look at the internet, learn to break dance in the gym, or decorate the classroom.  All routine and pedestrian activities like you suggested.  Unlike you, I wasn't going to state random obvious ideas and pat myself on the back for being "helpful."
Nothing says not routine and pedestrian like Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Compare that to "everyone is doing it" ideas like gardening, listening to a whole album of classical music. Taking up painting? That's pedestrian and totally not rewarding. Not like you're developing a new skill or anything. Exercise and lose weight and maybe develop habits that extend your good years of life by 5-10 years? Pedestrian.

Nope, the "rebel" answer is to sit in a chair for 8 hours watching Netflix.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2021, 12:24:59 pm »

Nope, the "rebel" answer is to sit in a chair for 8 hours watching Netflix.

Take that up with the OP because as you clearly see he brought up Netflix, not me.  But, you know that. 

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2021, 12:25:11 pm »
Anyways, congratulations on potentially joining the ranks of Adel and gogators! where you spend your life responding to what I post in reflexive disagreement. Undoubtedly a positive step forward for your character and mental well-being.,

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2021, 12:26:41 pm »
Take that up with the OP because as you clearly see he brought up Netflix, not me.  But, you know that. 
"So, deskwarming is watch netflix or something else?"

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2021, 12:28:33 pm »
Anyways, congratulations on potentially joining the ranks of Adel and gogators! where you spend your life responding to what I post in reflexive disagreement. Undoubtedly a positive step forward for your character and mental well-being.,

HaHaHa, you're right.  It's always us responding to you while you always just want to let things go and never try and have the last word.  It's Waygook. org and you're Martino and it was ESLcafe and you were Steelrails.  No one is buying.  Better you create a new account if you want to make that charge above stick.  Don't worry , you'll have the third highest post count by Friday. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2021, 12:38:34 pm »
So, it looks like they only take Korean cards?  I guess if I VPN I can set it up with my Canadian cards?  I will see. 

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2021, 12:51:25 pm »
HaHaHa, you're right.  It's always us responding to you while you always just want to let things go and never try and have the last word.  It's Waygook. org and you're Martino and it was ESLcafe and you were Steelrails.  No one is buying.  Better you create a new account if you want to make that charge above stick.  Don't worry , you'll have the third highest post count by Friday. 
Man who picked an argument for no reason and keeps responding accuses me of always trying to get in the last word.

Careful now the moving van already pulled up and is starting to unload. A few more of these and I'll be taking up space. Or you know, maybe step back and wonder if all this is really worth it and whether you've lost perspective.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2021, 01:59:51 pm »
So, it looks like they only take Korean cards?  I guess if I VPN I can set it up with my Canadian cards?  I will see. 

Not sure about that, although I did use a Korean card.  You might have to go the VPN route.  I specifically got it because I wanted to watch Norm MacDonald's new show.  It was good, but he was a little too hot for Netflix management to renew.  Anyways, there is a lot on there to make it worth the 30 day free trial at the very least.  I was never into Formula 1 but I really got into the documentary Drive to Survive where they are embedded with certain F1 teams for the whole season.  And lots of other crap to pass the time. 

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2021, 02:25:16 pm »
So, deskwarming is watch netflix or something else?

Full enforced stay all day deskwarming extreme enforcement has come to the provinces or at least some of them.  This is the longest most boring thing I have ever experienced.  (Schools use to let us leave somewhat early, but for the dicks over the ed office poking and micromanaging now.  Also a couple of keener teachers who read the contract line by line for every little thing now.) 

Anyways, I am wondering if it is worth it to finally get a NEtflix membership and binge watch all day and night.  I gotta do something. 

What about studying Korean? Maybe downloading a bunch of Korean textbooks, materials, and joining the TTMIK website to improve those language skills (unless you're already fluent).

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2021, 08:58:56 pm »
Not sure about that, although I did use a Korean card.  You might have to go the VPN route.  I specifically got it because I wanted to watch Norm MacDonald's new show.  It was good, but he was a little too hot for Netflix management to renew.  Anyways, there is a lot on there to make it worth the 30 day free trial at the very least.  I was never into Formula 1 but I really got into the documentary Drive to Survive where they are embedded with certain F1 teams for the whole season.  And lots of other crap to pass the time. 

I just went behind the vpn wall to buy it in Canada.  I assume the US has the best one?  Might have to put the vpn on the school computer.  But Korean will do for now, I guess.  Got some vacay coming up very shortly.  Though given this covid nonsense I may stay home and watch some too.  But I have almost two weeks of deskwarming later so will definitely do the American one then. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2021, 09:00:35 pm »
What about studying Korean? Maybe downloading a bunch of Korean textbooks, materials, and joining the TTMIK website to improve those language skills (unless you're already fluent).

Too be honest I've been here for too long and am not sure how much longer I will be here for.  I did hit the Korean hard during the golden era and never got back into it.  Though it is enough to make small talk, ask directions, impress kids, talk to little grade ones and twos, etc.