• Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
US and Aus offer vaccine info in 60 different languages
« on: June 26, 2021, 01:14:34 pm »

Wow, Korean can barely manage one. WTF. Sometimes this
country seriously drops the ball.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2021/06/119_311136.html

The coalition demanded that the government provide accurate vaccine-related information by expanding translation services. "In the cases of the United States and Australia, vaccine-related information is offered in 60 different languages," they said. They noted that in the U.S., a special taskforce was created, including experts and officials from the Department of Health and Human Services, to ensure the equitable allocation of financial resources, along with culturally appropriate communication and contact with vulnerable groups, during the pandemic.

Re: US and Aus offer vaccine info in 60 different languages
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 07:40:54 pm »
"Dude why can't I get a pre-written earthquake warning text in English? WTF Korea?"

"YEAH WELL YOUR AN AMERICAN, PEOPLE THERE ARE RACIST!"

"Dude back home I could register to vote or get a driver's license in Haitian kreyol or Vietnamese if I wanted to, gtfo noob."

• DocH
  • Veteran

• March 01, 2021, 11:25:39 am
    • pub
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 11:21:04 pm »

The coalition demanded that the government provide accurate vaccine-related information by expanding translation services. "In the cases of the United States and Australia, vaccine-related information is offered in 60 different languages," they said. They noted that in the U.S., a special taskforce was created, including experts and officials from the Department of Health and Human Services, to ensure the equitable allocation of financial resources, along with culturally appropriate communication and contact with vulnerable groups, during the pandemic.

what do you expect from coat-tail riding hermits?

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 11:39:19 am »
what do you expect from coat-tail riding hermits?
They sure did a lot better than most of the world.

Are you really shitting on them over their coronavirus response? Like this problem is so incredibly minor compared to the shitshow that was Corona in most of our countries.

We get it- you're a bigot.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 11:42:46 am »

I'll take this mistake and problem over the partisan shitshow back home in which you had idiocy on all sides.

Honestly, translation and shit in any country not your own is to be appreciated, not expected. That's one of the risks you take moving overseas. No one forces you to move to Korea or Paraguay or France and you have to assume some of the responsibility yourself.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 06:44:59 pm »
I'll take this mistake and problem over the partisan shitshow back home in which you had idiocy on all sides.

Honestly, translation and shit in any country not your own is to be appreciated, not expected. That's one of the risks you take moving overseas. No one forces you to move to Korea or Paraguay or France and you have to assume some of the responsibility yourself.
\"on all sides"

BS.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 07:48:31 pm »
If I was at a Nonghyup in a rural area and one of the staff spoke English and helped me with something, that would be unexpected but appreciated.

But a pre-written automated message about earthquakes or vaccines or whatever? Really, nobody at the Korean Ministry of Earthquakes and Covid can write English? None of them have the time to set that up? BS.

Spend 5 minutes at Incheon Airport and you can see how much South Korea craves validation from "foreigners." Yet they can't be bothered to set up basic services in languages like English and Chinese which are widely used by expats in South Korea. Until they do, Koreans had better stop crying about "dirty foreigners spreading covid."