Read 335 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
WRITING PROMPT: Korean Reality TV
« on: June 17, 2021, 09:02:42 am »
Given the times we make fun of Korean TV for being banal, and given how accurate fka's comment was

Boing boing boing!

Screen caption: Can she lift the pack?

Celebrity commentator: "These multipacks of toilet paper are heavy."

let's see if any of you creative types can make a funny, realistic and/or satirical take on a scene from  Korean TV.

Could be reality celeb stuff, or a K-drama, anything! Just make it funny.

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
Re: WRITING PROMPT: Korean Reality TV
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 09:57:56 am »
I did another one a while back which was supposed to be the standard prime-time "Can He Eat The Noodle?" format transposed to British TV. To be honest, the last part (about the riotous mob) is a bit confusing - I think it must have referenced something earlier in the thread.

Host: Let's welcome our celebrity guest panel to tonight's episode of Watching People Eat Fish and Chips. I'm your host, Jimmy Carr!
*Applause*

JC: Our first celebrity is a one-time Page 3 model who briefly dated the associate producer. It's Emily Essex! Next, you know her as Jade Goody's Niece - and so do we! *Laughter and applause* Our final guest needs no introduction, but I'm paid to be here so I'll do it anyway *Laughter* It's Kevin Nobody, a one-episode Love Island contestant and winner of last year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! *Wild cheering*

Cut to Tony's Fish and Chips, Margate.

JC: Tonight we're going to follow Britain's funniest man, Jack Whitehall, as he samples some of the Sceptred Isle's finest food.

The panel shrinks into a small frame in the right-hand corner of the screen as Whitehall receives a plate of ordinary fish and chips.

Panel (in unison): Whooooaaaaoooohhhh. ...

JGN: So delicious.

KN: Amazing!

EE: I ain't never seen nuffin' like that before.

JC: That's what the photographer said during your last shoot.

*Laughter*

EE: What's he doing now?

Whitehall splashes vinegar on his chips

JGN: That's called vinegar. Malt vinegar, I think.

Panel: Ooooohhhhhh....

KN: I heard that it's really acidic.

JC: Can he eat it? Let's watch.

Extreme close-up on Whitehall grimacing as he realizes he's added too much vinegar.

Panel: HA HA HA! HA HA HA!

*BOING! BOING! BOING! BOING!*

Panel: HA HA HA HA!

KN: Again!

INSTANT REPLAY! BOING BOING BOING!

JGN: Amazing! But look, he's eating it!

EE: He is so strong!

KN: Jimmy, can you tell us more about this plate of fish and chips? Does it come from an old family recipe?

JC: Mm, according to the production notes the owner just buys everything frozen from a cash'n'carry.

Panel: Mmmmmmmmm...

EE: So delicious.

JGN: Hey, what's that green stuff? Now THAT looks interesting.

JC: Those are called peas - hey, has anyone noticed that chanting outside? Wait, the producers are squawking on my earpiece... Oh my god, there's a riotous mob outside. They've come to take down the British establishment. They're demanding the Queen's head on a pike!

EE: Oh my god! What do we do?

JGN: Ohmygodohmygodohmyg od...

KN: No! This can't be happening! I'm too important! I'm, I'm... I'm a celebrity - get me out of here!

Panel: HA HA HA!

*BOING BOING BOING!*

The only thing this is really missing are the screen captions. So I would add a lot of visual clutter - "It's so acidic!" "Too much vinegar!" "Peas!" etc.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
Re: WRITING PROMPT: Korean Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 10:00:12 am »
Given the times we make fun of Korean TV for being banal, and given how accurate fka's comment was

let's see if any of you creative types can make a funny, realistic and/or satirical take on a scene from  Korean TV.

Could be reality celeb stuff, or a K-drama, anything! Just make it funny.

I would need to use multiple colored fonts and a backing track of Hollywood movie soundtrack clips to make it "funny". Your task is impossible.