Read 15188 times

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
Re: Scotty, I need more power!
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2021, 01:53:57 am »
Got my first Astra jab on Tuesday and used it as an excuse for a sick day yesterday. No real significant side effects that were distinguishable from a slightly more severe hangover than usual. Still, I guess it's early days.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2021, 07:19:07 am »
Let us know what it feels like when the autism starts to kick in!

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2021, 10:45:49 am »
Anyways, in late breaking news the Aus government has just moved the goal posts and are now going to limit Astra to over-60s!  :huh:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-17/atagi-to-recommend-astrazeneca-vaccines/100222464

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2021, 12:29:59 pm »
You’re living in Australia and got the vaccine just before that announcement?

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #344 on: June 17, 2021, 12:42:43 pm »
You’re living in Australia and got the vaccine just before that announcement?
Yep, but I heard their explanation and I'm reasonably comfortable with it. After a second blood clotting death from 3.6milliion vaccinations they've altered the risk mitigation strategy . At the moment the likelihood of contracting Covid 19 here is very low so it wouldn't justify the slightly higher risk of of negative side effects within that age cohort. If I were living elsewhere, Astra might be warranted.  It sucks that if I left it a few more days I would have qualified for Pfizer though!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 01:58:42 pm by Adel »

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2021, 02:45:32 am »
Let us know what it feels like when the autism starts to kick in!
Bur ate you suddenly magnetic? Has anyone near you who hasn't been vaccinated suddenly had a stroke?

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #346 on: June 18, 2021, 02:46:43 am »
Yep, but I heard their explanation and I'm reasonably comfortable with it. After a second blood clotting death from 3.6milliion vaccinations they've altered the risk mitigation strategy . At the moment the likelihood of contracting Covid 19 here is very low so it wouldn't justify the slightly higher risk of of negative side effects within that age cohort. If I were living elsewhere, Astra might be warranted.  It sucks that if I left it a few more days I would have qualified for Pfizer though!
Moderna is the way to go---no side effects. And it's

modern.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #347 on: June 18, 2021, 06:23:09 am »
Moderna is the way to go---no side effects. And it's

modern.

It's not available in Australia yet. You'd have to wait until the end of the year. Even the supply of Pfizer is fairly limited. There has been local manufacturing of the Astra vaccine but with constantly moving goal posts vaccine hesitancy will continue to be an issue. The recent outbreak and shutdown in Melbourne did speed things up a bit but I sense we'll struggle to ever have over 80% of the population done. I suspect a lot of Australians are content to have international borders closed indefinitely.

« Reply #348 on: June 18, 2021, 01:18:38 pm »
Hey dudes, a little update from your old pal Hobak. Been back in America since the height of the winter covid outbreak here. I got the Pfizer vaccine within a week of arriving (second one in February), and the fam all vaxxed up since late March/Early April. I started working for the City administering vaccines myself in March. Finished my nursing degree in May and just passed my boards last week. I’m home tonight after working the Bucks arena where every vaccine recipient was entered into a drawing for free tickets to the night’s game (Hard to convince people to get the shot without incentives these days! The Bucks handily took game 6 btw). Hoping to parlay my education and experience into a permanent public health nursing position.

Anyway, we will give the shot to anyone and everyone (older than 12, or younger if the parents are willing to lie about their age). I got a text today from one of our organizers asking if I would be available after our “kickball” shift to work another location that was described as “16 foreign people on a boat that need vaccine”. Choose Wisconsin for that next vacation! Walk-ins welcome. One-and-done Johnson & Johnsons available!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 01:21:00 pm by Don Hobak »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #349 on: June 18, 2021, 02:02:53 pm »
Hey dudes, a little update from your old pal Hobak. Been back in America since the height of the winter covid outbreak here. I got the Pfizer vaccine within a week of arriving (second one in February), and the fam all vaxxed up since late March/Early April. I started working for the City administering vaccines myself in March. Finished my nursing degree in May and just passed my boards last week. I’m home tonight after working the Bucks arena where every vaccine recipient was entered into a drawing for free tickets to the night’s game (Hard to convince people to get the shot without incentives these days! The Bucks handily took game 6 btw). Hoping to parlay my education and experience into a permanent public health nursing position.

Anyway, we will give the shot to anyone and everyone (older than 12, or younger if the parents are willing to lie about their age). I got a text today from one of our organizers asking if I would be available after our “kickball” shift to work another location that was described as “16 foreign people on a boat that need vaccine”. Choose Wisconsin for that next vacation! Walk-ins welcome. One-and-done Johnson & Johnsons available!

Nice!

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #350 on: June 21, 2021, 07:49:16 am »
Awesome! Thanks for the update!
It's good to know that there really is life after ESL.
Keep us updated!  :smiley:

« Reply #351 on: June 21, 2021, 12:59:16 pm »
Just a reminder that the person who started this thread was completely wrong about the U.S. and the vaccine.

Thank you former President Trump and current President Biden for doing a great job.
Join the DeMart Fan Club!
Shout out to WhenInRome... the first member. Thank you my son!

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #352 on: June 21, 2021, 06:55:45 pm »
Just a reminder that the person who started this thread was completely wrong about the U.S. and the vaccine.

Thank you former President Trump and current President Biden for doing a great job.
LOL.

If it were up to trump and his people, there would be far fewer vaccinated Americans and who knows how many more dead  from COVID-19.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #353 on: June 22, 2021, 09:17:56 am »

this must be the fabled "bipartisanship" i hear so much about