Alphabet (United States)   
Facebook (United States)   
Tencent Holdings (China)   
Tesla (United States)   
Alibaba Group (China)   
Berkshire Hathaway (United States)   
___________________ __________________

No Canada, …South Africa, …

One could argue the USA, Saudi Arabia, and China allow for such corporations to exist.

Tesla’s CEO was born in ZA to a Canadian mother. He acquired US citizenship in 2002 for business reasons!

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
Re: Nationalism in children
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2021, 06:41:59 pm »

Is China responsible for its spread in the United States?

Adel, of course, they knew about the virus yet allowed millions to leave China over the Chinese New Year and spread it. I thought that was common knowledge.

Stop trying to defend them, Xi and Tedros should be tried for crimes against humanity by the ICC. Simple as that.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2021, 07:33:47 pm »
Is China responsible for its spread in the United States?

Adel, of course, they knew about the virus yet allowed millions to leave China over the Chinese New Year and spread it. I thought that was common knowledge.

Stop trying to defend them, Xi and Tedros should be tried for crimes against humanity by the ICC. Simple as that.

I know it's difficult for some to conceive of this issue without cultural baggage.  It's clear that the origin of the virus concerns some much more than dealing with the present. I'm much more concerned about the present and future. Good luck to those who wish to wage culture wars with China though, I honestly wish them well..
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 10:37:54 pm by Adel »

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #303 on: July 16, 2021, 01:32:52 pm »

I know it's difficult for some to conceive of this issue without cultural baggage.  It's clear that the origin of the virus concerns some much more than dealing with the present. I'm much more concerned about the present and future. Good luck to those who wish to wage culture wars with China though, I honestly wish them well..
Don't know what to say if you aren't aware about how the past directly shapes the present and future.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #304 on: July 16, 2021, 02:15:47 pm »
Don't know what to say if you aren't aware about how the past directly shapes the present and future.

Well it depends whether you focus on the past is a kind of punitive finger pointing or an analysis of what went wrong by a number of governments globally. A lot of preventable damage continued well beyond the initial alerts from the WHO in Jan of 2020 or there abouts. One wonders if that response would have been any different if the alert had come a month or two earlier. If a reasonable amount of focus on the past, is on that response after the initial alert, then fair enough your point is well taken.  However, I wasn't sensing much of that from the posts I was responding to. 
Did conspiracy theories emerge after H1N1, MERS, Bird Flu & Ebola with similar attention and calls for retribution? Shouldn't that have been the catalyst for governments to be getting their sh*t together in preparation for what a lot of health authorities had seen coming?

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #305 on: July 16, 2021, 02:32:21 pm »
If the world tries to punish China over COVID-19, they’ll be less forthcoming with information in future. Which would be hugely problematic. China has the most coronavirus carrying bats of any country on earth. Huge amount of hotspots. Another bat virus is coming in the future.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2021, 05:43:01 am »
If the world tries to punish China over COVID-19, they’ll be less forthcoming with information in future. Which would be hugely problematic. China has the most coronavirus carrying bats of any country on earth. Huge amount of hotspots. Another bat virus is coming in the future.

It's worth acknowledging that Covid 19 is just one example of a Zoonotic disease.  Any of these types of disease have the potential to create a pandemic so fixating oneself on Chinese bats misses the broader issue. For instance, although it's precise origins are contested, there is evidence to suggest the Spanish Flu (H1N1 influenza A virus) pandemic of 1918 originated from pigs in the United States long before the advent of mass international transit. Hence if you wish to continue to live your present expatriate lifestyle, what matters is early detection combined with an appropriate rapid global response to arrest the spread of the disease before it become a pandemic. 

Crosby AW (2003). America's Forgotten Pandemic: The Influenza of 1918 (2nd ed.). Cambridge University Press

« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 06:19:36 am by Adel »

« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2021, 01:04:35 pm »

What's less forthcoming than imprisoning your own doctors for trying to alert the international community and shifting the blame?

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2021, 01:20:50 pm »
Did that happen?

Early on China alerted the WHO.

Less forthcoming would be to not say anything at all.

Focus on the present and the future of diseases, not a past grudge.

How can we prevent/mitigate future pandemics?

Remember, viruses exist in nature.

With more deforestation, humans will become increasingly exposed.

The less healthy humans are, the more they will be harmed, and the more they will spread the virus to others.

A weaker immune system that does not stop a virus quickly means more viruses replicated, meaning higher risks to others.

Are modern humans healthy? Do they eat well and exercise? For the most part, no. Hell no.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2021, 06:51:17 pm »
Did that happen?

The less healthy humans are, the more they will be harmed, and the more they will spread the virus to others.

A weaker immune system that does not stop a virus quickly means more viruses replicated, meaning higher risks to others.

Are modern humans healthy? Do they eat well and exercise? For the most part, no. Hell no.
waygook's very own Jack Lalanne. Pretty soon LI will be selling juicers and exercise programs here.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2021, 07:02:48 pm »
Health is wealth.

« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2021, 07:17:02 pm »
Did that happen?

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2021, 12:48:56 am »
Health is wealth.
Don't spend it all in one place.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2021, 11:28:51 am »
Health is wealth.

So all healthy people are rich then? No millionaire cancer victims. That's nice!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2021, 08:21:52 pm »
So all healthy people are rich then? No millionaire cancer victims. That's nice!
The opposite; most often the rich are healthy.

They buy cranberries for $20 a half pound  without batting an eye. Red onion is four times the cost of white onions.

The rich in developed countries tend to live longer but the.blue zone chumps simply eat beans and/or legumes, drink one or two glasses of wine and hug people instead of stress about things.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #315 on: July 19, 2021, 07:21:13 am »
the rich count beans and the poor eat them. we live in a society
more gg more skill

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #316 on: July 19, 2021, 07:40:39 am »
the rich count beans and the poor eat them. we live in a society

Whoever thought it was a good idea and to do nothing while they moved the good jobs and the beans overseas so they could keep more of them in their pockets instead of paying out more of their beans is beyond me.  Outsourcing, the greedy bs scourge of our time.  Make the rich richer and the poor poorer by removing the good paying jobs that use to be in abundance.  To my knowledge, Trump was the only person to challenge this and bring it up, but mean tweets and people's feeling matter more, I guess.   But the bean counters and the elites got their boy Biden in their (either illegally or legal is still up for debate).  He'll do as he's told. 

« Reply #317 on: July 19, 2021, 08:01:43 am »
Outsourcing, the greedy bs scourge of our time.  Make the rich richer and the poor poorer by removing the good paying jobs that use to be in abundance.  To my knowledge, Trump was the only person to challenge this and bring it up, but mean tweets and people's feeling matter more, I guess.   But the bean counters and the elites got their boy Biden in their (either illegally or legal is still up for debate).  He'll do as he's told. 

I rarely get into US politics discussions, but isn't he that guy that had his clothing line and signature caps made in Mexico and China, respectively?

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #318 on: July 19, 2021, 08:05:09 am »
I rarely get into US politics discussions, but isn't he that guy that had his clothing line and signature caps made in Mexico and China, respectively?

Trump is basically the poster boy when it comes to talking the talk without walking the walk. Doesn't make what he said less true even though he only said it to grift though, Nike outsourcing for child slave labor is something we should be mad about regardless

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #319 on: July 19, 2021, 08:12:53 am »
Whoever thought it was a good idea and to do nothing while they moved the good jobs and the beans overseas so they could keep more of them in their pockets instead of paying out more of their beans is beyond me.  Outsourcing, the greedy bs scourge of our time.  Make the rich richer and the poor poorer by removing the good paying jobs that use to be in abundance.  To my knowledge, Trump was the only person to challenge this and bring it up, but mean tweets and people's feeling matter more, I guess.   But the bean counters and the elites got their boy Biden in their (either illegally or legal is still up for debate).  He'll do as he's told. 
Your knowledge is obviously very limited. Certainly all the unions challenged the outsourcing, not to mention the small businesses that had to shut their doors when Walmart went Chinese. And the people and the politicians representing them who kept the Walmarts out of their towns to preserve their local economies.

There  is no debate concerning whether Biden won the election. There is only the Big Lie, which you seem to have swallowed.

But why complain about outsourcing when China is your next country of employment? There are plenty of jobs in the US; Amazon is advertising for employees on my local radio station. Maybe you're afraid of actually having to work for a living?