Read 315 times

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
(insert colour) privilege
« on: May 28, 2021, 12:16:15 pm »
Tiger Woods totaled his car. He drifted across a grass median through two lanes of a highway going the wrong way and plowed into some trees. There were no skid marks at all. He was going at highway speed or more. This was obvious due to the damage. It's incredibly lucky no other vehicle was involved.

He had no memory of the accident in which he was lucky to escape alive, albeit injured badly. That's because he was wired on pills.

No drug tests were taken. Or if they were information wasn't given out.

Where is the outcry for this being a clear case of black privilege?

I don't swallow this white / black privilege jive. I do swallow poor / rich privilege jive, however.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
Re: (insert colour) privilege
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 12:59:58 pm »
I don't swallow this white / black privilege jive. I do swallow poor / rich privilege jive, however.
porque no los dos?
more gg more skill

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 01:15:24 pm »
Are you outraged that Tiger Woods wasn't charged with reckless driving? A charge that given his record, would have resulted in a fine between $145 and $1000?

Yeah, that's real privilege there.

I'm not sure, but I imagine in cases where the person severely injures themselves and no one else, police will decline to right a ticket and if they do, the court could very well decline to press charges or inflict penalties, given that the person is unable to work, has lost their car, and is in significant pain.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 01:40:56 pm »

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 01:47:50 pm »
Are you outraged that Tiger Woods wasn't charged with reckless driving? A charge that given his record, would have resulted in a fine between $145 and $1000?
Actually, flat rate fines *ARE* a pretty clear form of rich privilege.
Some socially progressive countries use % of income or net worth to calculate fines for stuff like traffic violations to avoid it.
I mean, a $1000 fine for a millionaire is something that can be laughed off. That same fine for a single mother of 3 working 2 jobs... that can mean some serious scrimping for a good long while.
Same crime, but 2 very different punishments depending on that person's level of income.  :sad:

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 02:38:49 pm »
there are different types of privilege, but i do agree that class privilege more or less overrides everything else, which is to say a rich black person will generally get better treatment than a poor white person (i mean theyll still be racially profiled but theyre a lot less likely to get randomly shot by the cops, for example). sometimes i wonder if critical race theory is some sort of CIA psyop. rachel maddow and tucker carlson flare their respective bases up against each other while theyre best buddies behind the scenes, etc

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 03:03:01 pm »
r/LostWaygookins
more gg more skill