Read 844 times

• cactusg
  • Explorer

• October 18, 2010, 07:45:14 am
    • bucheon
Verification of previous employment in Korea
« on: May 27, 2021, 09:48:32 pm »
I taught in Korea from 2009 to 2013 at three schools. Two were public with GEPIK and one was at a private english academy in Incheon.

I've been offered a teaching job in the middle east and they have asked me to get a verification letter completed along with a school district stamp for each of the places I worked at.

The academy closed down long ago and my Gepik coworkers have all relocated at least twice by now as I believe that's a rule.

I contacted a recruiter who was able to give me a Gepik contact's email address but I've not heard back yet.

Has anyone any advice on how I might move forward with this?

Thanks all.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Verification of previous employment in Korea
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 08:28:26 am »
I taught in Korea from 2009 to 2013 at three schools. Two were public with GEPIK and one was at a private english academy in Incheon.

I've been offered a teaching job in the middle east and they have asked me to get a verification letter completed along with a school district stamp for each of the places I worked at.

The academy closed down long ago and my Gepik coworkers have all relocated at least twice by now as I believe that's a rule.

I contacted a recruiter who was able to give me a Gepik contact's email address but I've not heard back yet.

Has anyone any advice on how I might move forward with this?

Thanks all.

Emailing Koreans in English pretty much means it will be filed in the trash can.  If you can find their phone number and call them on Skype or whatever software and speaking to the English department or supervisor and ask for your proof of employment.  Of course they may hang up on you speaking English too.  Just keep calling back over and over again until they transfer you to someone.  SOmeone working for GEPIK or Gyeonggi EPIK can prob PM you with the phone number or maybe they have a Facebook Page or maybe the EPIK page can connect you with their phone number?

As for getting hung up on, I had this the other day with my insurance company.  They kept saying Englishee no instead of connecting me with someone or having someone call me back.  Then hanging up on me.  I had to keep calling back again and again and again.  Finally yelling at them telling them to stop hanging up on me.  I asked for "English callback"  I had to really flip out to get something done.  Dealing with shit in Korea or Asia can be stressful in general.  You really can't be a wallflower or timid cause you will get walked over unless you assert your inner ajossi power 아조씨 파워!!!!  Hinting and just being too polite doesn't work in many parts of the world.  You gotta be assertive and stick up for yourself.