Read 3876 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: Why I still maintain the Wuhan lab was the origin of the virus
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2021, 08:05:03 am »
Bats can live with viruses but not get sick from them because they are biologically different.

Another virus will come from bat to human in the future.

What are we going to do about it?

The best course of action is being as healthy as we can via strengthening our immune systems.

Also, safety precautions to prevent the spread of disease in wet markets and elsewhere.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2021, 10:45:43 am »
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and all that.

« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2021, 01:27:59 pm »
I still go with night before some intern is out drinking with his lab coworkers and getting blasted on Jack Daniels, then the next day, hungover, tracks it out while he goes to the local wet market for some hangover soup, whereupon it jumps onto some bat or pangolin or whatever.

Why? Because that is humanity in a nutshell. Not good or evil, just repeatedly inept. It has both the global and the local angle. It has the lab leak as well as the natural part.

« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2021, 02:37:39 pm »
Related note.

China is claiming that they've defeated the virus and life is going back to normal. People are reporting a massive resurgence of cases, but that's all lies and the cops are, rightly, warning these people to shut up and not spread "rumours". State media isn't reporting on it either and is pushing the narrative that cases are in the single digits and are all from foreigners in China.

Some footage of what "defeated the virus" has been smuggled out

watch from 47:31 - 50:27.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5o6vP0Obdg&ab_channel=ADVPodcasts

• chimp
  • Veteran

• April 19, 2015, 05:16:31 am
    • Zoo
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2021, 12:42:35 pm »
Jesus H. Christ this forum.

The lab theory has enjoyed a renaissance because suddenly some public figures have refused to rule it out. There's still no actual evidence for it and the people who argue in favor of it rely on circumstantial arguments at best "oh uh uh there is a virology institute in the same city". If you argue in favor of this theory at this time you are talking out of your anus.

The origins are immaterial now anyway and even if it were the lab what are you imagining is going to happen? Countries will embargo China and its meteoric rise will melt away? Everybody will say "let's stick with American leadership afterall"? It's politicized catnip for morons. Everybody already knows what the Chinese government is and are apparently fine with it, it's not like the scales will fall from their eyes and they say "oh China was a secretive and brutal dictatorship afterall? How could we have known?"
oo oo ahh ahh

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2021, 01:24:11 pm »
Related note.

China is claiming that they've defeated the virus and life is going back to normal. People are reporting a massive resurgence of cases, but that's all lies and the cops are, rightly, warning these people to shut up and not spread "rumours". State media isn't reporting on it either and is pushing the narrative that cases are in the single digits and are all from foreigners in China.

Some footage of what "defeated the virus" has been smuggled out

watch from 47:31 - 50:27.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5o6vP0Obdg&ab_channel=ADVPodcasts

Massive resurgence...i highly doubt it.

Not because I'm in support of the government in any way, but because I'm here and have noticed how quickly public behaviour fluctuates between "meh, a few cases far away" and "oh shit, control entry into every building, check temperatures, no green healthcode no entry, no mask no entry etc".

Right now, in the shanghai area nobody gives a flying fcuk. People know of the new cases in guangzhou and foshan, but there hasn't been any major changes in precautions...which is usually a sign that things are relatively under control in those regions.

I remember when a cluster of cases was discovered in shanghai earlier this year...about 4 city blocks were cordoned off by the police for days. No entry, no exit. Everyone inside had to do multiple tests and be monitored. One of those cases was liked to PVG airport...Guess what happened, the airport shut and all 20k+ people inside were held for testing for days.

Point being, if there's a "massive" number of new cases anywhere in China, you'd have heard about it and the border would be shut again.

PS: vaccination rates have now reached 20 million+ doses per day (I've had both of mine). And they have recently started mass administering the new single dose adenovirus vaccine.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2021, 10:33:43 pm »
Fauci, who heads the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and is a top medical adviser to President Biden, said, “It is more likely” that — much like SARS, ebola, influenza and HIV — COVID-19 “originated from an animal reservoir and jumped species to humans.” He added, “There’s the possibility that it came from the lab, but I believe that that’s a much less likely possibility.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/despite-trump-round-bullying-fauci-225639442.html

Stressing that he never totally discarded the lab theory — though he never thought it was a major possibility — Fauci added that, “I think what has increased is the interest, not necessarily the evidence.”

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2021, 06:03:24 am »
Poor Filipinos should work harder (more money).

And invent great companies like Mark Zuckerberg (a famous billionaire).

Nearly everyone on earth is way less intelligent and way less hard working than Mark Zuckerberg. So becoming a billionaire ain't in the cards. But that's not a requisite for improving one's health. 40.3% of Filipino men smoke. That's a hell of a lot. Not smoking would mean a stronger immune system. Plus more disposable income. Money that could be spent on healthy food. Or anything else.

TL;DR - You don't have to be a billionaire to be healthy. Even the poorest people can make positive changes to improve their lot in life as well as make negative choices to worsen their lot in life.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2021, 06:29:30 am »
If you've never heard of crab mentality, this video will be quite on eye-opener!  Everyone's familiar with a jealous co-worker or neighbor who'd like to see you go down in flames, but the Philippines has taken crab mentality to a new level, and everyone loses!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4LtQw-fdCM
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ____

"[The crab mentality] infects Filipino society worse than anywhere else I've ever seen."
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ____

True? The woman saying that mentioned graduating at the top of her class, which is an indication of intelligence. Seems sincere. Comes across as a nice person.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2021, 07:19:42 am »
Nearly everyone on earth is ...  way less hard working than Mark Zuckerberg...
Seriously?

The guy who spent a lot of time on poetry and fencing was "hard working" yet 80% of the world's population who don't eat if they don't work are not hard working? You underestimate how hard most people work.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 07:24:50 am by VanIslander »

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2021, 07:38:35 am »
Nearly everyone on earth is way less intelligent and way less hard working than Mark Zuckerberg. 

hes not gonna see this bro

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2021, 07:57:16 am »
Self made billionaires are exceptionally intelligent and exceptionally hard working. Gotta have both to become one. Some people are born less intelligent than others through no fault of their own. Some luck out and have a high IQ. Life’s not fair. But that’s reality. But guess what? We can be happy, healthy, and successful without reaching billionaire status, something very few will ever do.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2021, 08:06:21 am »
I was originally gonna write, “Everyone reading this is way less intelligent and way less hard working than Mark Zuckerberg.” …. and should have. That’d be more accurate. I don’t say that to offend, I’m just speaking facts.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2021, 08:11:44 am »
Even more accurate would be Zuckerberg put in more work over the course of his life given the number of years he was alive…

…because there might be someone who sees this who is grinding hard now but goofed off during his high school years while Zuckerberg was programming and getting the good grades to get into Harvard.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2021, 08:49:37 am »
L1 clearly has not watched the social network

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2021, 09:07:49 am »
I saw it. Later I found out that was a fictional movie. Highly inaccurate. Seems strange to make up fake stuff about a living person. Isn’t that slander? Even fictionalized accounts of dead people like the Mozart movie feels wrong and odd. I want to find out what really happened. Don’t others?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2021, 09:13:42 am »
I saw it. Later I found out that was a fictional movie. Highly inaccurate. Seems strange to make up fake stuff about a living person. Isn’t that slander? Even fictionalized accounts of dead people like the Mozart movie feels wrong and odd. I want to find out what really happened. Don’t others?
Making accurate movies can be very difficult. Not everybody can abide by the exacting standards set by the screen writers of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter".  :sad:

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2021, 09:51:40 am »
I was originally gonna write, “Everyone reading this is way less intelligent and way less hard working than Mark Zuckerberg.” …. and should have. That’d be more accurate. I don’t say that to offend, I’m just speaking facts.
You're certainly not condescending, supercilious and holier-than-thou, though, so it's all good.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2021, 10:02:23 am »
I’m including myself in the everyone reading this category. How it is supercilious to say billionaires are smarter than us? It’s the opposite. And it’s true. I’m saying Zuckerberg has higher intellect than me. And you. Thems the breaks. Might be distasteful to say but it’s not inaccurate.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2021, 10:05:17 am »
Intellect isn’t everything in this world and earning loads of money shouldn’t be a measure of one’s worth. We can’t be billionaires and we don’t need to be anyways so we’ll just do the best with what we were given.