Read 14832 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: Why I still maintain the Wuhan lab was the origin of the virus
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2021, 12:25:46 pm »
“It was a very productive back-and-forth conversation where some on the call felt it could possibly be an engineered virus,” Fauci said in our interview. Others, he said, felt the evidence was “heavily weighted” toward the virus emerging from an animal host.

Fauci said his role in helping to organize the meeting shows he has always been open to the possibility of a lab leak or an engineered virus. “I always had an open mind,” he said, “even though I felt then, and still do, the most likely origin was in an animal host.”

https://news.yahoo.com/remember-very-well-dr-fauci-011623089.html

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2021, 03:09:32 am »
This story is starting to get some traction lately

China’s leading ‘spy catcher’ defected to US, reports claim
https://www.independent.ie/world-news/north-america/chinas-leading-spy-catcher-defected-to-us-reports-claim-40556455.html

It's just a rumour at this stage but it might explain the renewed focus on the Wuhan lab theory.

This same guy is reported to have given a seminar in China on June 20th though.
https://www.aninews.in/news/world/asia/top-chinese-spy-catcher-urge-agents-to-look-out-for-those-who-collude-with-foreign-forces20210620003803/

Might be BS, might not. Time will tell.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 05:04:29 am by Adel »

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2021, 07:52:35 am »
While most of the virologists who spoke to NBC News said the coronavirus probably evolved in nature, they agreed that it's reasonable to look into the possibility that it came from a lab.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/science-around-lab-leak-theory-204525152.html

"Going back over the past 25 years of emerging viruses that have crossed species boundaries from animals to humans, the most common route is something like a wet market or farm or some other form of human and animal contact. These are far more common than lab accidents."

Yet only one wet market in the same city as a coronavirus lab leaked a virus to the world.  No other wet market leaked anything like this nor did other bat populations put people at risk like this?  I suspect if these "scientists" don't toe the line, they don't get their funding.  They have to stick to the corporate line or else.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2021, 08:28:07 am »
SARS came from bats. MERS came from bats. COVID is less deadly than those … but more contagious… which is why it wasn’t contained.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2021, 08:38:18 am »
 COVID is less deadly than those …

Wow but it has killed many people for a less deadly virus.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2021, 08:39:52 am »
Less deadly in terms of odds of dying upon catching it.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2021, 12:27:17 pm »
COVID is less deadly than those …

Wow but it has killed many people for a less deadly virus.

It's funny, all other types of reported deaths from other things declined from past years and everyone mysteriously died from Covid.  Even a friend of the family who died last year, the home tried to put Covid on his death certificate, but he had cancer and was dying anyways.  His daughter fought with them not to put Covid on the death certificate.  Only because she argued with them, they didn't. 

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2021, 02:07:45 pm »
What on earth has your comment got to do with the fact that people in the Philippines (by the way which was only an example, I could have chosen many other countries) are not able to live the lifestyle that L I is telling us all to live? He goes on about healthy diet, getting regular exercise etc, etc and I am saying that sure you can do that in 1st World Countries BUT for less developed nations and there are many, it is not feasible.

It is feasible though.

Just because a nation is less developed doesn't mean they can't eat a healthy diet and exercise.

The Philippines has the highest screen time in the world - eleven hours a day.

Imagine if that was cut back to just ten hours a day - an hour could be spent foraging for natural food that grows wild, for example, bananas. That'd be both nutrition and exercise. Better than watching more TV and playing on their phones.

Not everyone there is a perfect person, restrained only by their poverty.

A very large number are extremely lazy, liars, thieves, and scammers. Also not health conscious. They could do better. Everyone on earth could do better. No one's perfect. There's always room for improvement. The first step is the realization of possibility.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2021, 02:49:55 pm »
It is feasible though.

Just because a nation is less developed doesn't mean they can't eat a healthy diet and exercise.

Imagine if that was cut back to just ten hours a day - an hour could be spent foraging for natural food that grows wild, for example, bananas. That'd be both nutrition and exercise. Better than watching more TV and playing on their phones.

A very large number are extremely lazy, liars, thieves, and scammers. Also not health conscious. They could do better. Everyone on earth could do better. No one's perfect. There's always room for improvement. The first step is the realization of possibility.

Jeepers L I get real. Have you ever lived in the Philippines? And AGAIN I emphasize that is just the example of a developing country I chose, I could well have chosen another one.

Your assertion that 'A very large number are extremely lazy, liars, thieves, and scammers' proves to me that you have never lived there.

Eating healthily is a luxury of being in a developed country. The island I live on depends almost entirely on tourism and since Covid put an end to that the people are living from hand to mouth, many not having enough food each day. So, I suggest you get off your high horse, take a trip the that island and preach you eating healthily to people who can't even afford to buy rice for their family to survive off. Yes, they are definitely going to head for the supermarket and buy organic food. Unbelievable, you have no clue what you are talking about.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #229 on: September 22, 2021, 03:17:41 pm »
Since tourists are no longer coming, could another thing be done to make money? Maybe fishing? Making some handcrafted items to sell? Online work? Obesity has been rising in the Philippines, but that's overall; on the island of which you speak, it sounds like a desperate situation, especially if it's densely populated. Where is this place? Panglao? Can some of the people there get work in another place? You must concede that the screen time stats are shocking, no? I wish people could be proactive rather than adopting a victim mentality. I do have sympathy, don't get me wrong, but we've gotta look for solutions.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2021, 03:53:03 pm »
Bret Weinstein

Any fans of his, I'd urge you to reconsider:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Weinstein#COVID-19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zksPSarLx64

[0:45]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRuUqxvqJwI

[10:34]
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ____

TL;DR- The lab leak theory pusher is saying covid vaccines are dangerous - the crime of the century he says - and is urging the public to take ivermectin instead. If he's so wrong in this area, why should we trust anything he has to say about the origins of the virus. How would he know anyways?

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #231 on: September 22, 2021, 06:40:24 pm »
L I without being rude, you don't have a clue. I will answer you point by point as far as I can.

Since tourists are no longer coming, could another thing be done to make money? Maybe fishing? Making some handcrafted items to sell?

Some people do fish but how in the name of all that is wonderful can people who have NO money suddenly afford to buy a fishing boat, pay the fees etc etc.

Who are they going to sell the handcraft to? No tourists, remember?

Online work?

They have no money, can't buy computers etc, have no training or skills for that, couldn't afford the internet which is sketchy at best on the island. What is a lady that cleans rooms in a resort going to do online? Come on, get real.

Can some of the people there get work in another place?

Nope, they can't leave the island due to Covid. Philippines has been shut tighter than a clam since March 2020, no one in (except returning Filipinos) and no one out, you can't even go from one island to another without a Covid test which costs up to 500 Pesos, more than two days wages for some people. The whole situation is made even worse but returning OFW's (Overseas Foreign Workers, the Filipinos who work abroad and prop up the Philippine economy). They have lost their jobs due to Covid in other countries and now have returned and made the unemployment rate even worse.

The island is Panglao and the people there ARE NOT extremely lazy, liars, thieves, and scammers. They are some of the hardest workers and most honest people I have ever met. In addition to that they rate as some of the friendliest people I have ever met. They have been devastated by Covid and a corrupt and inept government and CANNOT live the lifestyle you are telling them to live. They are just trying to survive. 

When you have no money, the last thing on your mind is to try to eat healthily. Perhaps you have never been poor, perhaps you have never been in the position where you don't know where you next meal is coming from. If you have you wouldn't make such absurd statements like they shouldn't have a victim mentality.

Many families survive by buying cheap rice, you probably wouldn't even eat it, the quality is so poor and salted dried fish which they cook. That is their staple, unhealthy of course, but it is a matter of survival.

I invite you to go to the local sari sari store at about 7 am and watch the kids arrive with a couple of pesos to buy dried fish, a handful of rice and a little cooking oil for the family to eat that day. It will break your heart and change your attitude forever. I often pay for several family's food when I happen to be in the store when they arrive. Not because I want to be great, but because I understand what grinding poverty is. They have been betrayed by their government, big business and the CCP which bestowed on them, the virus.

PS.  I take great exception to this statement of yours, "A very large number are extremely lazy, liars, thieves, and scammers"

Generalising much.   >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 06:53:20 pm by confusedsafferinkorea »

« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2021, 08:37:39 pm »
You know, there might be a correlation between that whole Korean balli balli materialism thing and them NOT starving right now vs. the laid back island lifestyle. Just sayin...

To be frank, the people overly enamored with SE Asia often seem to not really think things through and view such places as great because they're great for them due to big income disparity. Not because they're great places for the average kid they run into.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2021, 08:49:23 pm »
It is feasible though.

I thought the first step was admitting you had a problem. Just sayin'.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #234 on: October 02, 2021, 08:18:29 am »
The elementary school across the street from my English academy (language school) had a coronavirus-positive infection this week, so many students were absent on Thursday and Friday. Still, my director says we have to stop "the Chinese virus". He is Christian, so his black-white description may be biased.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 08:22:15 am by VanIslander »

« Reply #235 on: October 02, 2021, 09:11:29 am »
The elementary school across the street from my English academy (language school) had a coronavirus-positive infection this week, so many students were absent on Thursday and Friday. Still, my director says we have to stop "the Chinese virus". He is Christian, so his black-white description may be biased.

The virus came from China, fact.
It spread as the result of the Chinese government's censorship, irresponsibility and selfishness, fact.
Calling it the Chinese virus/CCP virus/Wuhan flu etc. is perfectly understandable, particularly is they're not being held accountable.

It sounds more like your views on Religion influence how you judge and perceive people.
Hypocrisy much?

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #236 on: October 02, 2021, 09:38:02 am »
My views on religion?

As a Philosophy graduate student, i was on record at conferences as saying: "the source of the divine is more important than its defense".

99 times out of 100 I don't talk about the subject. I go to church several times a year. That sums this up.

« Reply #237 on: October 02, 2021, 09:38:21 am »
It sounds more like your views on Religion influence how you judge and perceive people.
Hypocrisy much?

Thinking the same Aristocrat. Another unnecessary and irrelevant comment.

« Reply #238 on: October 02, 2021, 09:45:25 am »
My views on religion?

As a Philosophy graduate student, i was on record at conferences as saying: "the source of the divine is more important than its defense".

99 times out of 100 I don't talk about the subject. I go to church several times a year. That sums this up.

Why did you think it was relevant to mention the man's Religious beliefs and associate it with his "black-white" thinking?
Going to church several times a year doesn't mean a thing either, you can be the most vile person and go to church or mosque everyday.

You have a problem with correlation.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #239 on: October 02, 2021, 09:56:05 am »
The virus came from China, fact.
It spread as the result of the Chinese government's censorship, irresponsibility and selfishness, fact.
Calling it the Chinese virus/CCP virus/Wuhan flu etc. is perfectly understandable, particularly is they're not being held accountable.

Hypocrisy much?

Did you ever wonder why terms like Delta and Lambda are used instead of the Indian strain and South American strain? These sensitivities might be hard to fathom while living in monocultural Korea I guess.