Read 14828 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: Why I still maintain the Wuhan lab was the origin of the virus
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2021, 11:47:24 am »
Which party pushed BS conspiracy theories like the election was stolen / QAnon?

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2021, 11:47:59 am »
how is that at all relevant? even if democrats are fundamentally more honest (which is a foolish premise), that says nothing about whether or not a theory supported by republicans is true or not.i want to briefly restate my theory that LI is some kind of chatbot/forumbot AI that has gone amok
more gg more skill

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2021, 11:56:26 am »
broken clock and all that, republicans can and will tell the truth if its to their advantage. judge the theory by the facts, not whose pushing it.

« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2021, 11:57:09 am »
Itís true. Trump pushed it heavily. So did many Republican politicians. So ask oneself which is the most honest party of the highest integrity? Exactly equal? Nah. Oneís got at least a slight edge. Which one is it?

I don't give a sh*t who said it nor do I give a sh*t about the US's constant Republican vs. Democrat pissing match.
This isn't sports, you don't pledge your loyalty to a team no matter what, you constantly question and critique to form your own opinion.

I have a functioning brain meaning I can work out for myself what sounds true and logical. Just because I don't like a party/person it doesn't mean they're incapable of saying something that isn't logical or truthful. Hell, even the CCP has said something I've agreed with.

Is your confidence in your ability to think critically and independently really that low?

Wow!

« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2021, 12:33:20 pm »
New information could make the theory more credible. Something could come out that concretely disproves the "lone gunman" theory in the JFK assassination. The fact that a lot of crackpots have capitalized on pushing JFK conspiracy theories doesn't invalidate the new evidence. Trump and co pushed the lab leak theory as part of a campaign of anti-China jingoism. But that still tells us nothing about the science.
They might have done it as jingoism. They might also have had some intel that suggested it was from the lab.

• Renma
  • Veteran

• September 01, 2014, 06:09:42 am
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2021, 02:14:16 pm »
I don't give a sh*t who said it nor do I give a sh*t about the US's constant Republican vs. Democrat pissing match.
This isn't sports, you don't pledge your loyalty to a team no matter what, you constantly question and critique to form your own opinion.

I have a functioning brain meaning I can work out for myself what sounds true and logical. Just because I don't like a party/person it doesn't mean they're incapable of saying something that isn't logical or truthful. Hell, even the CCP has said something I've agreed with.

Is your confidence in your ability to think critically and independently really that low?

Wow!

You'll have to find a video of an authority figure or celebrity making that statement. Then he can adopt their viewpoint and start spreading the word.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2021, 03:49:03 am »
Actually, no. You and your ilk nitpicking makes for bad reading.

The point is to be educational and express a cogent thought.

If that's the point, you seem to have missed it.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2021, 05:50:37 am »
"I have always said, and will say today to you, John, that I still believe the most likely origin is from an animal species to a human, but I keep an absolutely open mind that if there may be other origins of that, there may be another reason, it could have been a lab leak," Fauci told Berman. "I believe if you look historically, what happens in the animal-human interface, that in fact the more likelihood is that you're dealing with a jump of species. But I keep an open mind all the time. And that's the reason why I have been public that we should continue to look for the origin.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/03/health/anthony-fauci-emails/index.html

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2021, 05:53:15 am »
TL;DR- Could be a lab leak, but is probably a jump from animal to human.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2021, 05:54:13 am »
Might be a lab leak, but is probably a jump from animal to human.
Could be both.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2021, 05:57:17 am »
Could be the scientists went to the bat SARS source to get viruses to study to prevent the next outbreak but caught it there. Not necessarily from the bats directly, but from the townsfolk, eating at a restaurant or hotel, before or after going out in the field.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2021, 06:00:18 am »
China has bats loaded with many different coronaviruses.

Why donít the bats get sick?

Because they exercise, eat natural food, donít smoke, and arenít obese?

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2021, 06:35:38 am »
China has bats loaded with many different coronaviruses.

Are bats cool with pot though?

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2021, 07:29:49 am »

is this.... a joke? i honestly can't tell with you
more gg more skill

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2021, 07:39:18 am »
im pretty sure it isnt, unfortunately.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2021, 07:58:11 am »
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/02/09/803543244/bats-carry-many-viruses-so-why-dont-they-get-sick

read the article and it turns out it isnt because they dont smoke, arent obese, and whatever else you said lol

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2021, 07:58:50 am »
So why do so many infectious diseases emerge from bats?

First, bats carry a great variety of viruses ó and the viruses they carry seem more likely to spread to people.
_____
Second, bats and humans have a lot of contact.
_____
Meanwhile, you might be wondering: Why aren't the bats themselves affected by the viruses?

It turns out that the answer to that question has to do with the bat's status as the world's only flying mammal.

During flight, a bat's body temperature spikes to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Its heart rate can surge to more than 1,000 beats per minute.

"For most land mammals, these are signals that would trigger death," says Linfa Wang, who studies bat viruses at Duke-NUS Medical School in Singapore. But bats live it every day.

Wang says it seems that bats have developed special immune systems to deal with the stress of flying.

Their bodies make molecules that other mammals don't have, which help repair cell damage. And their systems don't overreact to infections, which keeps them from falling ill from the many viruses they carry (and also prevents conditions like diabetes and cancer).

This shows that it's not always the virus itself but the body's response to the virus that can make us sick, explains Wang.
_____

In wildlife markets, like the one in Wuhan, Olival says animals that would rarely mix in nature come together. A bat in a cage could be stacked over a civet. And those animals are then mixed with humans ó for example, butchers handling animals without gloves.

"The way that we're coming into contact with these animals, hunting, selling, and trading them is to a scale that really we haven't seen before," he says.

Investigators found traces of the virus in 22 stalls and a garbage truck at the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan, which also sold live animals. The market was shut down in early January, as it was tied to many of the early cases.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/02/09/803543244/bats-carry-many-viruses-so-why-dont-they-get-sick

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2021, 08:01:23 am »
read the article and it turns out it isnt because they dont smoke, arent obese, and whatever else you said lol

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2021, 08:05:03 am »
Bats can live with viruses but not get sick from them because they are biologically different.

Another virus will come from bat to human in the future.

What are we going to do about it?

The best course of action is being as healthy as we can via strengthening our immune systems.

Also, safety precautions to prevent the spread of disease in wet markets and elsewhere.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2021, 10:45:43 am »
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and all that.