Read 2727 times

• LL
  • Adventurer

• September 18, 2010, 02:44:53 am
    • Edmonton
Nice Hikes in Korea
« on: May 20, 2011, 12:28:56 pm »
I thought it would be nice to share some hiking experiences:

My school just recently went to Gyeombaek, Jeollanam-do.  The name of the mountain has slipped my mind at the moment, but for those who are interested just email me.  The hike is 4km, but it is fairly steep and I would rate it as moderate.  I did like that there were some really nice views on the way up, but it was spectacular at the top.  Although there were some nice scenery to look at along the way it was nicely shaded most of the way.  The best way to get to Gyeombaek would be to take a local from Boseong to Gyeombaek. 

• rokdav
  • Veteran

• February 23, 2011, 12:27:46 pm
    • Daegu
Re: Nice Hikes in Korea
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 12:56:44 pm »
this is a good idea for a thread, i've really started to get into my hiking recently.

In the west daegu (dalseo) near keimyung uni there is a small-ish but nice little hike at wa-lyong-san (와룡산). It has a pagoda to sit on at the summit and a nice view of the river. Its not that big but i enjoyed it as it was a lot quieter than others in daegu.

• mcwv22
  • Newgookin

• October 09, 2009, 09:48:24 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 01:56:04 pm »
If you're around Bundang, there is a nice mountain (not sure what the name is) at Suseo Station.  It's small but if you hike around an hour up, theres a helicopter pad with a really cool view of Seoul.  I've brought some friends up there with a camping bbq grill and we ate dinner and drank makgoli and had a great time  :D

• rdh2209
  • Adventurer

• September 19, 2010, 01:17:16 pm
    • KR
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 02:04:58 pm »
If you're around Bundang, there is a nice mountain (not sure what the name is) at Suseo Station.  It's small but if you hike around an hour up, theres a helicopter pad with a really cool view of Seoul.  I've brought some friends up there with a camping bbq grill and we ate dinner and drank makgoli and had a great time  :D

Sounds like a good time! Do you know what exit or how to get there from Suseo station??

• boysull
  • Waygookin

• April 01, 2011, 11:59:39 am
    • Bucheon
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 02:11:35 pm »
My wife and I did a marvellous hike in Wolchulsan National Park a couple of Christmas' ago...2 Jan 09 I think. It had snowed the night before and the views were spectacular. It was pretty deserted because of the time of year which definitely improved the experience. You can get there from Gwangju bus terminal. If you come across an older copy of Lonely Planet, there's a picture in the first few pages of a cool iron bridge across a mini gorge or something...anyway Wolchulsan is well worth visiting.

• stone12m
  • Adventurer

• October 22, 2010, 12:54:43 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 02:42:35 pm »

Sounds like a good time! Do you know what exit or how to get there from Suseo station??

I think this is the same mountain I go to all the time; its near my school (but I come at it from the Gangnam side). There's two side by side but I forget which is which: Daemosan and Guryong-san. They are both really nice, short mountains. Some times I do them at the end of the day and Im still home in time for dinner. Go to Daemosan station on the yellow line, exit 6 I believe and walk straight a ways.

• huynhln1
  • Adventurer

• September 06, 2010, 01:20:57 pm
    • Ochang / Cheongju, South Korea
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 02:51:23 pm »
Sangdangsanseong (상당산성), the fortress in Cheongju, is quite nice. Bring good shoes, but the walk is not too strenuous. I casually walked in 2-2.5 hours. It's 4.2 km long and does a loop. You can see all of Cheongju and the surrounding area from the fortress. There is a main path along the wall and a shaded path among trees that parallel the main path.

Here's more information about how to get there: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=796893

I went on a beautiful, sunny day. There weren't too many people walking the trail so it was quite nice. Bring your camera; there are some good shots! The main entrance is the South Gate. Start there and walk toward the West Gate. There are restaurants inside the fortress around the East Gate.

• warnerns
  • Explorer

• February 20, 2011, 06:13:40 am
    • Korea
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 09:22:05 pm »
For those of you who venture to Jeju Island.  Taking a bus south towards Mt. Sanbang and going on the olle trail on the coastal side of the mountain is well worth the venture.  It is known as the Yongmeori coast and is a geological marvel as the short but very photo worthy hike is full of different rock formations due to the eruption of Mt. Sanbang.