• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
Re: TV series you are watching now
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2021, 12:37:03 pm »
Good point OnNut.
Not 10 minutes ago I was thinking the same. People do need to know where you got the shows from. That, I didn't, and haven't mentioned before.
Yeah, the shows that I talked about above are all downloaded. Although some previous seasons may be on Netflix.

I haven't watched the Aussie movie this series was based on. I'll put it on my list.
I do really like the TV series though. Have a watch Adel, you might enjoy it.

Likewise I'd recommend you check out the movie.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNszOl14AWg&t=19s

https://www.theguardian.com/film/australia-culture-blog/2014/jun/13/animal-kingdom-rewatching-classic-australian-films

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2021, 01:52:10 pm »
Downloading now. I'll watch it in the next day or two.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2021, 04:03:24 pm »
I watched a 2 season series from Canada called Blown Away. It's a reality competition a la Hell's Kitchen (but polite cuz they're Canadians eh) about blowing glass.

It really is incredible. I have two hand blown glass clowns my mother had made when we moved to West Germany in 1967. I remember watching them being made. It is astonishing that they have made their around the world without the slightest chip. I had the dragon made from a guy in Nong Khai who had his little glass blowing table set up at an outdoor market.

For anyone familiar with Quebec City there was a very cool glass blowing place you could go in and watch in the old city halfway down the concrete stairs. You'll understand if you've been there.

Blown Away is very well worth the watch if you appreciate true mastery of blown glass.

It's on Netflix.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2021, 05:08:59 pm »
Moviesjoy.to

Has tv series, too.

That's how i've watched things for years.

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2021, 05:44:23 pm »

Moviesjoy.to

Has tv series, too.

That's how i've watched things for years.

Cheers!
Never heard of it. Always good to have more than one place to look at.

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2021, 08:14:47 am »
If you like bleak, raw, and pretty evil, you might enjoy "Raised by Wolves".
I enjoyed it, although I'm a sucker for sci-fi.

I was actually just looking at this the other day, but I wasn't sure about it. Thanks for the rec, I'll add it to my list.

BTW Chinguetti (if you're around)
Did you get around to watching 'The North Water'.

I've already downloaded it, just haven't sat down to watch it, yet. I try to wait to watch stuff like this when I have a lot of time because I tend to binge shows that I end up enjoying a lot, lol. Will probably get started on it this weekend.