Read 20201 times

Re: TV series you are watching now
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2021, 08:32:31 am »
YES Chinguetti!  You hit the nail on the head!  The tone of the filming of the VIP scenes was so off... it was like those scenes were part of a different series altogether.  It seemed "cheap" in comparison with the other cinematography.  And their lines were so ridiculous (not to mention the costumes they wore).  And the scene with the protagonist and the portly older man in the bathroom was so over the top and predictably out of place (if that makes sense...because I knew it was coming  the moment when he asked the protagonist to go somewhere for a drink), it was embarrassing~

« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 08:36:38 am by dippedinblush »

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2021, 08:38:16 am »
YES Chinguetti!  You hit the nail on the head!  The tone of the filming of the VIP scenes was so off... it was like those scenes were part of a different series altogether.  It seemed "cheap" in comparison with the other cinematography.  And their lines were so ridiculous (not to mention the costumes they wore).  And the scene with the protagonist and the portly older man in the bathroom was so over the top and predictably out of place (if that makes sense), it was embarrassing~

Haha, CINEMATOGRAPHY was what I meant, not filmography, what was I thinking, lol?

I think I'm gonna edit my shame out of there BUT ANYWAY yeah, the VIPs looked like they came out of nowhere. Even the LIGHTING in their scenes, wtf. And the bathroom scene, haha. GoLlY gEe, KoReA rEaLlY sTuCk It tO aLl Of ThOsE eViL fOrEiGnErS *cough*FATAMERICANS*cough* tRyInG tO cORrUPt pUrE KoReA SPARKLING

They did the VIPs dirty, and the series is less for it. The fact that the only non-western VIP was Chinese made me laugh, though.

But I'm sure the creators are still very happy with themselves because everyone keeps blaming the actors for the piss poor handling of the VIP characters and giving the rest of the series a pass, despite it all.  :undecided:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 08:52:45 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2021, 09:12:24 am »
I'm gonna 96 my GF this weekend.

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2021, 09:15:12 am »
Make sure you extend your pinky finger so that she knows you mean business.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2021, 09:29:50 am »
Bitching about foeign acting? That's fine. But some people are saying it "ruins" the show! hahahah

Don't you hate it when an off-kilter 1% ruins the other 99% of quality TV?

Anyway, the show is VERY good. It's not amazing, but it's well worth a watch.

Ever see Mr. Sunshine on Netflix?  I watched because of my GF and it wasn't bad, but the foreign actors were horrible.  Often to a humorous degree, and one of them even had a regular recurring role.  I was approached by an agency owner as I sat outside a local mart catching some rays while outside the laundromat.  He said I had the look and gave me his card for his agency in Gangnam.  As I have no acting experience I never followed up, but after watching the calibre of performances on Mr. Sunshine perhaps I should have. 

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2021, 09:33:08 am »
I'll f-ing do it but it messes with the legal aspect of my contract.

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2021, 09:37:01 am »
there's one foreign actor in particular that i dont like: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7052088/

dude im sorry and im sure its not entirely your fault but god damn... every time i see him on screen i just think "oh not this ****** guy again"

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2021, 10:55:11 am »
I'll f-ing do it but it messes with the legal aspect of my contract.

That was another reason I didn't send him my specs as he requested.  I didn't want to be in breach of my contract all so that I could appear in a advertisement for some fancy pants brand like Parkland Suits at my local bus shelter.  It was the laundromat where I ran into you washing those bed sheets with the oddly shaped yellow stains if you want to go hang out there on a Saturday with your resume.  His agency is in Gangnam but he lives around there. 

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2021, 11:33:53 am »
The only foreign actor I saw who was any good was some old guy who was in some spy thriller playing like a low-key agent (the tailor type). Only one who didn't look out of place and actually pulled off the role well to the point where if it was a Western movie he would have fit in seamlessly.

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2021, 11:34:54 am »
there's one foreign actor in particular that i dont like: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7052088/

K SCISSORS (please, please watch this entire 22 seconds. You won't regret it)

https://youtu.be/f-OV_SYAYro

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2021, 12:37:43 pm »
K SCISSORS (please, please watch this entire 22 seconds. You won't regret it)

i did NOT like it and i suspect that was your intention  >:(

but yeah i dont regret it. i knew it was gonna end with a bang

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2021, 12:58:48 pm »
Who needs jazz hands when you have K-scissorhands?

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2021, 01:29:35 pm »

dude im sorry and im sure its not entirely your fault but god damn... every time i see him on screen i just think "oh not this ****** guy again"
[/quote

Ahhhh me tooooo tyler!!!!!!!!  He is just the worst, and he keeps getting hired again and again for some pretty big name Korean dramas and movies.
He's the actor dude from Mr.Sunshine that OnNut was talking about!  After seeing the K-scissors ad it not only confirms what a douche he actually is~

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2021, 01:31:02 pm »
sorry for my quoting above  :P

« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2021, 01:59:44 pm »
dipped
After seeing the K-scissors ad it not only confirms what a douche he actually is~

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2021, 02:18:15 pm »
LOL you're right CO2!~  I'm being too harsh on the poor guy!....After all he's just trying to eke out a living here in SK ;D

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2021, 02:40:49 pm »
sometimes  his acting is so bad that i wasnt sure if he was a native english speaker. i thought maybe he's a european concentrating really hard on getting the words right or something. but he's from oregon!? to be a little fair, im sure the scripts they give him are absolutely horrible

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2021, 02:51:06 pm »
sometimes  his acting is so bad that i wasnt sure if he was a native english speaker. i thought maybe he's a european concentrating really hard on getting the words right or something. but he's from oregon!? to be a little fair, im sure the scripts they give him are absolutely horrible

"She made a very sensible decision. It was for the  best.

FOR EVERYONE."

Ten points to name the movie. I saw it in cinemas and I laughed SO HARD at that line. Like, shrieking during the emotional, dramatic scene. Def turned a few heads. hahahahaha

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2021, 02:53:05 pm »
Isaac Asimov's "Foundation". Three episodes out so far.