Read 6261 times

TV series you are watching now
« on: May 24, 2021, 11:11:47 pm »
I decided to make a thread of tv series that you are watching now because all that is available is the movies version.

For me right now:

My Brilliant Friend (Italian series based on a novel (2018-?):  Watched S1 and 2 within a month and it's fantastic (it's in Italian of course.. you will be mesmerised).   The scenery and feel of the series is amazing.

You (2018-?):  This series is very entertaining... watched all seasons up until now. It's just a series to watch that doesn't involve much input..

So which series are you watching?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 11:51:51 pm by dippedinblush »

• DocH
  • Veteran

• March 01, 2021, 11:25:39 am
    • pub
Re: TV series you are watching now
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 12:04:40 am »
The Man in the High Castle

Very interesting...but.. .the last few episodes were a let down. And, as usual, the bottom feeders of society were communists.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 12:05:06 am »
Neat thread. I'm more of a TV fan than of movies. My attention wavers after an hour or so.
Anyway, currently new seasons of:
Godfather of Harlem
Mare of Easttown
Law and Order (SVU and Organized Crime)
Pawn Stars
Deadliest Catch
The Goldbergs
The Blacklist
SWAT
Chicago PD
The Moodys
The Chi

Just finished last week:
City on a Hill (Kevin bacon)
Mayans
Young Sheldon
Blackish

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 12:14:31 am »
Gwad I haven't watched a tv dramatic series since I binge watched The Walking Dead (had to stop season 9 - got too too lame).

Reality TV? I rock every Survivor (need my fix!.c'mon!), The Amazing Race, Masterchef Australia (totally different than the negative vibing bitch-slapping backstabbing U.S. version, Big Brother (both U.S. & BBCAN).

The last American T.V. series I watched in real time was True Detective Season 3 (season 1 was most satisfying).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 12:18:08 am by VanIslander »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 01:26:58 am »
Good Girls
The Underground Railroad
Move to Heaven--finished
Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez
The Irregulars--finished
The Kominsky Method--new season starts Friday
StartUp

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 07:50:46 am »
New Shows:
Shameless (US)
9-1-1
Good Girls
Taskmaster (UK)
Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re-watching:

New Girl
Psych
Leverage 
Sex Education
On My Block

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 07:51:20 am »
New Shows:
Shameless (US)
9-1-1
Good Girls
Taskmaster (UK)
Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re-watching:
New Girl
Psych
Leverage 
Sex Education
On My Block

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 08:31:19 am »
I tend to stick to the same old staples that I've watched for years and pick up the odd new show or two with a short run of episodes:

NCISs
FBIs
SEAL Team
Mare of Easttown

Short Series watched this year:
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Raised by Wolves
The Mandalorian
His Dark Materials
Departure

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 12:55:16 pm »
I watched the first episode of "The Girl From Nowhere" yesterday. It's a Thai drama about a girl who goes to different high schools and creates havoc by fixing bad goings on. It was very Thai, if you get that. Drama. Not bad though. It's overdubbed in English. 

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 02:20:39 pm »
Watching Suits at the moment.  Never watched it the first time around.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 06:19:06 pm »
I watched the first episode of "The Girl From Nowhere" yesterday. It's a Thai drama about a girl who goes to different high schools and creates havoc by fixing bad goings on. It was very Thai, if you get that. Drama. Not bad though. It's overdubbed in English. 

Yeah, watched some of it but it gets a bit far-fetched later on. Main actress is a babe though.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2021, 12:28:16 pm »
I don't watch much TV.  I mostly watch documentaries off YouTube or something else I guess.  The odd movie download.  (Though I may try Netflix someday.  Haven't yet.) 

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2021, 02:19:04 pm »
Yeah, watched some of it but it gets a bit far-fetched later on. Main actress is a babe though.

In episode 2 we learn she's a ghost. If you understand Thai people you'll understand why this show is a super duper wow amazing mega hit here :-)

I'm enjoying it simply for that fact.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2021, 02:29:36 pm »
I'm watching house :D

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 02:31:45 pm »
I recently watched Sweet Tooth, season 1. I don't like where I see them going with it, but it's a good series. And it's short. That's important to me, I generally can't stay focused on a TV series if it has a ton of episodes per season.

Tried to watch Lucifer. Had to abandon that ship, I have no idea why people like it so much.

The Irregulars. Same thing as Lucifer.

I guess I lied a little, I can see a little of the initial appeal of both Lucifer and The Irregulars, but then they both piddle out into typical Buffy the Vampire Hunter type stuff, and... Buffy had its time, I feel like we should be moving on. But then I was also never a big fan of Supernatural, either, and that's still a thing, and the people who like it are still around, haha.

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2021, 03:12:43 pm »
Tried to watch Lucifer. Had to abandon that ship, I have no idea why people like it so much.

I'm with you on this one. I tried to like it but quit after 4 or 5 shows. Same with 'The Equalizer' and 'Kung Fu'. I can't get into them.
I'm looking forward to the final season of 'Bosch' starting later this month, and also the new 'Vikings' series (Valhalla maybe the name ?), also starting in late June. It's set 100 years later.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2021, 03:54:41 pm »
I'm watching house :D

It’s not Lupus!

• Arsalan Lavang
  • Lord Admin

• September 18, 2006, 02:00:00 pm
    • Alberta
    more
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2021, 05:36:38 pm »
I am watching The Orville, mostly because of the actors, the show itself is kind of lame.  Too much of it is about a race of men that lay eggs and pee off hilltops at yearly intervals.  There’s also a robot that annoyingly keeps reminding everyone of their superiority, which essentially defeats the purpose of being superior in the first place.  Also, people on it  are drunk on the job way too often.

They also happen to have technology to regrow destroyed body-parts in the matter of hours, which makes you wonder why they’re not all 20-feet tall and super-human to avoid conflicts with evil aliens.  Lastly, the captain happens to be cuckholded by the co-captain, not very romantic.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 05:40:43 pm by Arsalan Lavang »
My heart is bursting into starlight

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2021, 11:49:06 am »
I think it was on another thread (movies thread, I think) somebody mentioned watching "Mare of Easttown", so I decided to give it a go.  Wow, it's a great show.  Kate Winslet was terrific as the leading actress.  Would love some recommendations as to some thriller/crime shows in the same vein as this if anybody has any.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2021, 03:31:26 pm »
I think it was on another thread (movies thread, I think) somebody mentioned watching "Mare of Easttown", so I decided to give it a go.  Wow, it's a great show.  Kate Winslet was terrific as the leading actress.  Would love some recommendations as to some thriller/crime shows in the same vein as this if anybody has any.

I loved it! Best thing I've watched for a long time. Shame about Quicksilver.

I'm thinking to start "True Detective". Each season (3) has a different cast and location.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 03:35:56 pm by Savant »