Read 6308 times

Re: The bromance that wasn't
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2021, 03:38:09 pm »
Russia didn't have a hand in either of those things lol. sure, they might've sought to influence it through "troll farms" or whatever, but if you look at the actual content aforementioned "troll farms" put out, i doubt they're having much actual influence on anything.

Its not Russias fault that the Dems were inept, or that Hillary was a shit candidate who spoke down to her voterbase in key states, or that the aforementioned voterbase were fed up with the establishment, or that Trump talked a good game, or that some americans are racist and believe in conspiracy theories and all that jazz. accept the actual domestic reasons for our domestic issues and quit trying to lay the blame on the bogeyman. The red scare is over, you can lose the cold war mentality, and crying "russia!" isn't doing anything to get rid of the alt-right or qanon.

Except that these are memes literally spread by Russian troll farms in 2016, COMRADE:

- the Dems are inept
- Hillary is a shit candidate who spoke down to her voterbase in key states
- the voterbase are fed up with the establishment
- Trump talks a good game
- americans are racist and also let's give them lots of conspiracy theories

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2021, 06:39:31 pm »
Russia didn't have a hand in either of those things lol. sure, they might've sought to influence it through "troll farms" or whatever, but if you look at the actual content aforementioned "troll farms" put out, i doubt they're having much actual influence on anything.

Its not Russias fault that the Dems were inept, or that Hillary was a shit candidate who spoke down to her voterbase in key states, or that the aforementioned voterbase were fed up with the establishment, or that Trump talked a good game, or that some americans are racist and believe in conspiracy theories and all that jazz. accept the actual domestic reasons for our domestic issues and quit trying to lay the blame on the bogeyman. The red scare is over, you can lose the cold war mentality, and crying "russia!" isn't doing anything to get rid of the alt-right or qanon.

It's uninformed posts like this that confirm russia's "political technology" efforts are succeeding.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2021, 07:17:22 am »
Except that these are memes literally spread by Russian troll farms in 2016, COMRADE:

- the Dems are inept
- Hillary is a shit candidate
who spoke down to her voterbase in key states
the fact that they are memes spread by russian troll farms says nothing about their truth value. we have no reason to believe the troll farms only spread lies (perhaps they also spread unfortunate truths). on the contrary, if those things are true, wouldn't they be even better (more likely) targets for said troll farms?

It's uninformed posts like this that confirm russia's "political technology" efforts are succeeding.
"we disagree so you must be uninformed" is a real good argument.
more gg more skill

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2021, 07:55:25 am »

okay? they're also all pretty easily demonstrable facts of the 2016 election. also, i'd love to see some actual examples of these memes you keep talking about, because for all you people go on about them nobody's been able to link me to any.

- the Dems are inept
in 2016? they def were. Hillarys campaign team was a mess and basically split into two camps (Bill Clinton/his friends/Hillary's old staffers vs. Robby Mook). along with the whole operation being completely disjointed she also stuck it out with the wrong side, ironically enough she would've been better off listening to Bill, who was more for lots of smaller events/talking to as many people as possible/etc, as opposed to Mook who basically ran much of the campaign off of advertising/social media.

- Hillary is a shit candidate who spoke down to her voterbase in key states
i mean, she did. or, even worse, she didn't speak to a lot of them at all.

they were. i think trump's election is pretty solid proof of that, lol. hillary's campaign didn't offer anything new other than first female president and people weren't buying it.

he did overall. obviously you can find plenty of instances to the contrary but his general rhetoric pretty well matched what the electorate were looking for. now obviously im not saying he meant it or followed up on it or anything... just that he talked a good game, which he did.

russia didnt give us qanon or pizzagate or anti-maskers or any of that shit. again, russia isnt some magical bogeyman thats responsible for everything wrong with america, we can come up with stupid conspiracy theories ourselves.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2021, 08:02:53 am »
okay? they're also all pretty easily demonstrable facts of the 2016 election.

Seriously dude, you need to do your homework on the difference between fact and opinion!

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2021, 08:04:40 am »
Seriously dude, you need to do your homework on the difference between fact and opinion!

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2021, 08:05:15 am »
its posts like this that confirm the USA's red scare propaganda efforts continue to succeed years after the fact 

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2021, 08:09:59 am »
The Soviet Union was bad and a threat. So is Russia today.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2021, 08:10:37 am »

Ok dude. I get it. You're in Korea so it doesn't matter! :laugh:
The kids won't be able to tell the difference.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2021, 08:15:54 am »
So is Russia today.

Really? Russia's sphere of influence has shrunk a lot since the days of the old USSR, and we pretty much have them beat in terms of military strength and diplomatic influence. Of course they're definitely still a threat to Eastern Europe/Ukraine/etc but not so much to America or the west in general. If anything I'd be more worried about China.

Ok dude. I get it. You're in Korea so it doesn't matter! :laugh:
The kids won't be able to tell the difference.

?? I mean, you apparently cant tell the difference either, so does that make you an adult with the mental capacity of "the kids", or something?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 08:17:56 am by 745sticky »

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2021, 08:18:16 am »
Russia has extremely good hackers. So does North Korea. Thatís a significant threat.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2021, 08:20:21 am »
Russia has extremely good hackers. So does North Korea. Thatís a significant threat.

sure they have good hackers, but they arent any better than ours.

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2021, 08:21:13 am »

?? I mean, you apparently cant tell the difference either, so does that make you an adult with the mental capacity of "the kids", or something?

No dude. I didn't post a list of opinions and claim that they were facts. I don't teach in Korea. My job demands that I can demonstrate the difference.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2021, 08:22:19 am »
No dude. I didn't post a list of opinions and claim that they were facts. I don't teach in Korea. My job demands that I can demonstrate the difference.

No, you just looked at a list of facts and claimed they were opinions. If your job demands you distinguish between the two, you must be pretty awful at it - my condolences to your coworkers.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2021, 08:24:06 am »
sure they have good hackers, but they arent any better than ours.

Itís asymmetric warfare. Surreptitious surprise attacks are sometimes successful.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2021, 08:28:47 am »
the fact that they are memes spread by russian troll farms says nothing about their truth value. we have no reason to believe the troll farms only spread lies (perhaps they also spread unfortunate truths). on the contrary, if those things are true, wouldn't they be even better (more likely) targets for said troll farms?
"we disagree so you must be uninformed" is a real good argument.
No, your post reflects your ignorance on the subject. That's an excellent argument.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2021, 08:35:23 am »
its posts like this that confirm the USA's red scare propaganda efforts continue to succeed years after the fact 
Nope. It's posts like yours that show how easy it is for Russia to influence what passes for thought in the West.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2021, 08:43:35 am »
Yep. It's posts like mine that show how easy it is for establishment media and CIA spooks to influence what passes for thought in the waygook dot org.

fixed that for ya

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2021, 08:56:54 am »
No, your post reflects your ignorance on the subject. That's an excellent argument.
in what way does my post reflect ignorance? which part of what i wrote was wrong? you haven't made an argument.

more gg more skill

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2021, 09:00:09 am »
Nope. It's posts like yours that show how easy it is for Russia to influence what passes for thought in the West.

The old Soviet Union had their spies and folks operating in America from the 1930's and beyond planting propaganda.  Their Marxist ideas got slowly planted into society.  Why were so many boomers especially at the college level so bat shit crazy?  They had bad ideas planted in their head.  Pro Communist.  Many grew up especially after years of bad economic growth mid 70's to mid 80's.  But a handful kept their Commie ideals and went into academia.  The next generation of school kids got the garbage planted into their minds.  It took on a life of it's own after Communism in Russia was no more.  Garbage in garbage out.  Some of the Millennials are now bat shit crazy due to this. 

As for Russia, except for hacking, they are largely contained.  Sanctions after 2014 and more under Trump have had their effect.  Russia has recently cut it's defense budget a lot.  Most of their military equipment is outdated Soviet leftover junk. 

The head got cut off the snake (Soviet Union) but the babies it hatched (Marxist teachers) have taken on a life of their own. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyCG9NATVkI
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 09:19:17 am by hangook77 »