Read 1019 times

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
Re: Moving to Korea from the UK
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2021, 05:56:34 am »
Will you and your wife have jobs lined up? If not, not worth it. You're going to need to earn enough money to put your kids through international school.

Also, Korea is wayyyy behind on vaccinations. UK is probably about to have a post-pandemic boom as it will be one of the first countries completely open for business. Meanwhile Korea's housing, economy, and cost of living is not the best right now. I'd look at moving to Canada or Australia or within the UK before Korea.

It's pretty bloody difficult to get into Australia for returning citizens, let alone anyone else Marti. Depending on whether the vaccine roll out pace picks up, we're talking mid next year at earliest before the international border will open up completely again. In fact, for most of last year, interstate travel was even off the cards. 

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2021, 12:43:25 pm »
My wife is of Korean origin and we have been discussing moving to Korea for a while now.

Do it. Second best decision I ever made.

Quality of life is way better in East Asia than in the declining West (the virus response is just the tip of the iceberg). Moral society; safe society; functional society. Itís so much better to live here in civilization. I could never go back to the barbarous Anglosphere.

You need connections, and a wife is the way to open doors and be successful here. But you didnít specify if sheís real Korean. Fake Korean (i.e. Korean genetics only does not count). If she canít speak Korean and doesnít know the culture youíll be foreigners. Foreigners donít have access. If thatís the case the decision is harder. You need a chaperone (either by marriage or lifelong business associates) to enjoy the awesomeness.

Apparently nobody ever told the disgruntled kids on this forum, so Iím telling you now.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2021, 01:06:25 pm »
Do it. Second best decision I ever made.
im so happy to take this bait. whats the first best decision you made?
more gg more skill

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2021, 01:39:11 pm »

Apparently nobody ever told the disgruntled kids on this forum, so Iím telling you now.

There are a number of things you could say about this site, but I wouldn't say it's a hangout for "disgruntled kids."  Most of the griping and sniping that goes on here has nothing to do with Korea.  I'd say it's a fairly Korea positive zone overall. 

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2021, 01:51:46 pm »
Apparently nobody ever told the disgruntled kids near-Boomers and aging-GenXers on this forum, so Iím telling you now.
FTFY

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2021, 01:51:56 pm »
There are a number of things you could say about this site, but I wouldn't say it's a hangout for "disgruntled kids."  Most of the griping and sniping that goes on here has nothing to do with Korea.  I'd say it's a fairly Korea positive zone overall. 
yeah.
We're all pretty gruntled over here!  :smiley: