Read 2709 times

yeah girlfriend/rona. my original plan was 1 or 2 years. 1st year was great, so i stayed a second. 2nd year was great, so i stayed a third to figure out what my girlfriend and i are gonna do. 3rd year was great (minus the rona), but it wasnt clear what the rona situation would be in either country and korea seemed more predictable. 4th year is going great too but after this one we're gonna be heading back to the US together. then you'll be rid of me and my lack of capitalization :(
Tyler trying to keep it respectable but we all know he's staying because of the esports scene.

Heck, it'd be like that for me and baseball. When I think about it- one thing that I would REALLY miss if I left here is Korean baseball. Unless I lived in some ridiculously expensive part of a city back home, it would be so hard to go to three-six games in a week, drink, and be able to afford it because of ease of transportation, ticket prices, etc.  And Korean baseball really is great value for the buck. Probably only Championship/League One football would compare, but that's only once every other weekend.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 01:16:38 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
There's a lot of air pollution in May (intermittently).

I worked one day and will take one off at my other school next week. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
im pretty sure he has. can't remember though. i get called lots of names. when i first came here one poster called me a beefcake as an insult.

anyway, my justifications for still being here after 4 years are not money related. it's probably hard for hangook to imagine anyone doing anything without the motivation of money (for sure this has been a major point of disconnect in the larger discussion). alas, some of us are concerned with these less important things

When you have the luxury of not having large student loans to pay off or needing to save for the future, I can't imagine you would understand. 

When you have the luxury of not having large student loans to pay off or needing to save for the future, I can't imagine you would understand. 
At the same time, can you acknowledge that not everyone is here to shave the 10-wons and constantly obsessed with the exchange rate.

Some people, gasp!, are actually here FOR FUN or because they like it here or actually wanted to be here specifically because they have interest in Korea. They're not just here because of either A) Ore Malady or B) Debt debt debt. It seems a large number of older NETs here came for one of those two reasons and they can't really grasp why other people are here for reasons other than those two. They also tend to be really myopic, and frankly selfish when it comes to how they view the place. Often they get angry at the country for not enabling the fulfillment of their objective as though this is somehow owed to them and what the country should devote itself to. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 01:59:27 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
At the same time, can you acknowledge that not everyone is here to shave the 10-wons and constantly obsessed with the exchange rate.

Most are or use to be to pay the loans and save up for the future.  But Korea isn't what it use to be for that.