Read 2708 times

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
It was rare to run into real, refined readers.
lol... my fat fingers

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Most of the world was also alliterate back then. But, the ideas would spread.

Communism was largely theory until the Russians put it to use. And was a very popular theory, since most people were still under repressive forms of government, and subsistence living.

Stalin gave them freedom.  Mao too.  They didn't give way to millions of more deaths and extreme repression than Hitler or anything like that.  (Though I rate them all as evil.) 

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
says the guy that wants to move to china  :laugh:
more gg more skill

• D.L.Orean
  • Super Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am

Anything to keep him away from Biden's extreme marxist America

Stalin gave them freedom.  Mao too. 

Maybe spending an entire morning going through journal articles and textbooks has made me a bit tired, but did I just read a grown man, educated in a Western country with free access to information and history, say that Mao and Stalin brought freedom to their respective citizens?

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan

What's that got to do with anything?  Pay good wages, get good experienced teachers.  Go to teach for a while and then leave.  I thought going after more money was capitalist.  It's not like I am going to live for the rest of my life.  It seems like the business thing to do.  Bank money then move on.  I don't have to live to live there permanently.  Whatever Ccp is doing, it's hardly the times of Mao.  As long as MY government doesn't go full Commie retard, it's none of my business. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
Maybe spending an entire morning going through journal articles and textbooks has made me a bit tired, but did I just read a grown man, educated in a Western country with free access to information and history, say that Mao and Stalin brought freedom to their respective citizens?

Sarcasm is clearly lost on you....

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
Anything to keep him away from Biden's extreme marxist America

I did see an interview this morning where AOC praised Biden as "better than I thought".  He ain't no moderate.  He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  When he croaks, Kamala will go full hardcore leftist anyways or try.  (Though some cases are still going through the courts.)
Centrist moderate blue dog Democrats have gone the way of the dodo bird anyhow.  Joe Manchin is the only one left on the federal stage from what I can tell. 

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
What's that got to do with anything?  Pay good wages, get good experienced teachers.  Go to teach for a while and then leave.  I thought going after more money was capitalist.
weird that the (excuse my language, kyndo) "commie retard" countries are doing business better than the capitalist ones. but, i admit, the "i don't care about anything except making money" does fit nicely with my assumptions about you, so thanks for that
more gg more skill

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
I did see an interview this morning where AOC praised Biden as "better than I thought".  He ain't no moderate.  He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  When he croaks, Kamala will go full hardcore leftist anyways or try.  (Though some cases are still going through the courts.)
Centrist moderate blue dog Democrats have gone the way of the dodo bird anyhow.  Joe Manchin is the only one left on the federal stage from what I can tell. 
So, the USA will become more like Canada?

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan

We've traditionally had much higher unemployment rates and slower growth than the US due to higher taxes and other issues, especially the further east you go.  Now, it is getting worse due to Turdo pouring gasoline on the fire.  Some Americans fail to learn by watching the tribulations of others. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
weird that the (excuse my language, kyndo) "commie retard" countries are doing business better than the capitalist ones. but, i admit, the "i don't care about anything except making money" does fit nicely with my assumptions about you, so thanks for that

That's your excuse to put up with getting ripped off and to enable greedy Korean capitalists who keep their profits for themselves becasue they can instead of giving you a cost of living increase?  Nothing wrong with true capitalism, but one with competition as opposed to flooding markets or outsourcing to keep labor really really cheap.  Not true capitalism but greed and cronyism.  True capitalism is where the pie is growing for everyone.  Profits rise, employers do well and pay their employees more as well. 

I'm in favor of true capitalism.  I grew up in a place with lots of government regulations, rules, and taxes.  The economy was shit and the unemployment rate was high.  Nothing like your dreams killed as a youngster.  Sad to see that way of life is spreading across North America now.  The rest of North America use to be pretty prosperous with low unemployment.  Now, it's drinking the same kool aid elsewhere as was drank out east decades ago.  Folks never learn from the mistakes of others.  At any rate, working for Korean minimum wage is not really defensable in a general sense, though those few who choose to do so are free to do so.  I am higher up the salary scale, but as the living cost rises even for me, it will be time consider other options unless Korea steps up it's game.  That's what competition is.  If some pay more while others pay less, then those who pay less will lose out usually.  There will always be a minority of folks who stay for whatever reason in any of these circumstances.  I will give Korea a year or two.  Young people starting out should just hop over there but they can do as they wish. 

Long term planning to get rid of assets, cashing out key money, selling the vehicle,etc.  It does take time to plan an exit for those who are set up here.  It is hoped in the meantime, Korea will reconsider it's current trajectory.  I will be more than happy to stay if it does.  But you can't live somewhere forever and be poor and have very little saved or invested for retirement.  Unless you are married to a local, your ass is getting put out of here with a very tiny pension and that's it.  Better make more money to save, invest, etc.  It's all about the long term plans, kids. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:57:34 pm by hangook77 »

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
That's your excuse to put up with getting ripped off and to enable greedy Korean capitalists who keep their profits for themselves becasue they can instead of giving you a cost of living increase? 
huh?  :huh:

Nothing wrong with true capitalism, but one with competition as opposed to flooding markets or outsourcing to keep labor really really cheap.
i'm pretty sure flooding the market and outsourcing labor both fall under the umbrella of "true capitalism" but i'd love to hear why i'm wrong
more gg more skill

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
i'm pretty sure flooding the market and outsourcing labor both fall under the umbrella of "true capitalism" but i'd love to hear why i'm wrong

IF you like it, good for you.  Wear a smile on your face and keep working for less smiling thinking it's a good deal.  True capitalism is competition and not favored markets where you flood markets with low wages. 

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
i'm surprised hangook hasn't called you a cuck yet, or maybe he has and i missed it

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang

Canada can only afford to be like Canada because of the U.S. being the capitalist juggernaut it is.  If the U.S. swings too far towards a nanny state Canada will have to rethink things.  We need our rich capitalist neighbour next door so we can continue feeling superior and maintain a certain quality of life. 

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
i'm surprised hangook hasn't called you a cuck yet, or maybe he has and i missed it
im pretty sure he has. can't remember though. i get called lots of names. when i first came here one poster called me a beefcake as an insult.

anyway, my justifications for still being here after 4 years are not money related. it's probably hard for hangook to imagine anyone doing anything without the motivation of money (for sure this has been a major point of disconnect in the larger discussion). alas, some of us are concerned with these less important things
more gg more skill

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
anyway, my justifications for still being here after 4 years are not money related.

Girlfriend related? I remember when you told us you’d only be staying for one year.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
yeah girlfriend/rona. my original plan was 1 or 2 years. 1st year was great, so i stayed a second. 2nd year was great, so i stayed a third to figure out what my girlfriend and i are gonna do. 3rd year was great (minus the rona), but it wasnt clear what the rona situation would be in either country and korea seemed more predictable. 4th year is going great too but after this one we're gonna be heading back to the US together. then you'll be rid of me and my lack of capitalization :(
more gg more skill

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang

Long term planning to get rid of assets, cashing out key money, selling the vehicle,etc.  It does take time to plan an exit for those who are set up here. 

Sounds like you're just making excuses for why you're not practicing what you preach and making the jump to China.  You need to be realistic and understand that all your complaining here isn't likely to change things.  This site doesn't have the ear of the seats of power.  As much as you're hoping to avoid it you should back up all your talk, make the move and report back here after a year in China.  After over a decade without a break I also have a lot set up here but it wouldn't take more than a few months to deal with, and of course, dealing with loose ends from abroad is easy for anyone.  Also, China is just a cheap short hop away if you need to pop back.  Stop making excuses and pull the trigger.  And don't look at this as criticism, you tend to play a victim at the drop of a hat I've noticed.  This is encouragement.  It seems like you're waiting for someone to come on here and say "Yes, I made the move from Korea to China and am now making way more money" as reassurance, but you're the one who's going to be that guy.  We're rooting for you.