Read 2971 times

• DocH
  • Veteran

• March 01, 2021, 11:25:39 am
    • pub
Troubling...
« on: April 15, 2021, 11:39:40 pm »
So, a black two-bit THUG (and he was) receives notoriety whilst, a white, UNARMED, female veteran gets shot and killed WITHOUT warning.....

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6249025548001#sp=show-clips

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Troubling...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 02:05:41 am »
Are you talking about the woman who was shot while breaking into the CAPITOL of the United States of America?

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 07:46:15 am »
holy shit it really is northstar isnt it?
more gg more skill

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 07:53:45 am »
holy shit it really is northstar isnt it?
now thats a name i havent heard in a long time

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 07:56:24 am »
Are you talking about the woman who was shot while breaking into the CAPITOL of the United States of America?

You've never struck me as a guy who held a symbol of the U.S. government in such reverence.  I guess it depends who is in charge?  How dare they storm the CAPITOL!

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 08:18:55 am »
re: the capitol stuff (because people keep bringing it up)

i'm not shocked when someone who storms the capitol building or the white house gets shot. the strength of my sympathy probably depends on why they're doing it, but either way (whether i'm sympathetic or not) they kind of have it coming (especially if they're armed).

i am shocked when someone gets killed for resisting arrest, especially when that person is unarmed or there's no clear threat to the police officers involved (which seems like most of the cases that cause protest). if you run away from a cop, you shouldn't be shot unless you just committed murder or something
more gg more skill

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 08:41:02 am »
The police ran a background check on the guy. He had a warrant out for his arrest as an armed robber. He resisted arrest and fled. The officer went to tase him, but instead of the taser gun, fired the other one. In a population of millions mistakes occasionally happen, but they’re not common. Being a criminal on the lam increases one’s odds of death. What happened was not the norm.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 08:46:59 am »
the warrant was for missing court dates related to a misdemeanor. nothing to do with the aggravated robbery charge from 2 years ago
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/daunte-wright-record/

yeah im not saying this case wasnt a tragic mistake. but it's hard to look at it in isolation when there are so many other cases where the "mistakes" seemed a little more intentional
more gg more skill

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 08:53:05 am »
bluepilled take: innocent man brutally executed by police officer
redpilled take: nah, he totally had it coming. i back the blue
blackpilled take: wear full body armor in case you get pulled over by a female cop

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 09:03:51 am »
Or .... if you have a criminal record, which cops will see when they pull you over ... don’t resist and flee. You will be pursued. Won’t end well. Extra charges. In extremely rare cases it could end in death.

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 09:04:13 am »
BUDPILLED

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 09:30:58 am »
Greenpilled: This is a tragic result of industrialization and driving, not cycling.
Pinkpilled: Tragic, racist, patriarch. What? A female cop? A moment of empowerment. Must have been a good reason.
Pillpilled: This is all because of Big Pharma.
Orangepilled: Are the police heroes or scumbags today? Check with Trump, Brandon Tatum, Candace Owens.

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 09:38:03 am »
Or .... if you have a criminal record, which cops will see when they pull you over ... don’t resist and flee. You will be pursued. Won’t end well. Extra charges. In extremely rare cases it could end in death.

I wonder if L I has a criminal record for being so damn helpful - he's stealing business from God!

According to a 2012 Department of Justice survey, state criminal history repositories contain more than 100 million records. These are popularly referred to as “rap sheets” or “criminal records” although most people who have them have never been convicted of a serious crime. These repositories chronicle nearly every arrest, regardless of whether or not it leads to an indictment or conviction. And while 100 million records do exist, this figure almost certainly overstates the true number of individuals who have been arrested at any point in their lives, since one person can have an arrest record in multiple states.

In an effort to make complete criminal histories easily accessible to all law enforcement agencies, the FBI maintains a database indexing these records known as the Interstate Identification Index (III). Whenever a suspected criminal is arrested and fingerprinted by a local, state, or federal law enforcement agency; those records are forwarded to the FBI to be included in the III. The FBI assigns each subject a unique identification number that indexes all state records existing for that person, meaning each number corresponds to a distinct individual.

As of July 1, 2015, more than 70 million people have records indexed by the III.

The Numbers in Perspective:

America now houses roughly the same number people with criminal records as it does four-year college graduates.

Nearly half of black males and almost 40 percent of white males are arrested by the age 23.

If all arrested Americans were a nation, they would be the world’s 18th largest. Larger than Canada. Larger than France. More than three times the size of Australia.

The number of Americans with criminal records today is larger than the entire U.S. population in 1900.

Holding hands, Americans with arrest records could circle the earth three times.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/just-facts-many-americans-have-criminal-records-college-diplomas

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 10:58:27 am »
Looking at felonies it’s only 8%.

Don’t do armed robbery.

Don’t resist arrest.

Don’t flee police.

Doing so doesn’t mean you will die. It’s highly unlikely. But if you do in those circumstances your family will get a payout of tens of millions if death results (which it rarely does). More common is police react with not enough force which results in an officer being killed ... or the criminal gets away and kills someone while on the run.

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 11:04:15 am »
Don’t do armed robbery.

*Puts gun down*

*Removes balaclava*

*Steps out of bank*

You know, I've never considered not doing armed robbery. Thank you for this precious token of life advice.

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 11:15:20 am »
Look, I think there does need to be two sides to this- Stop police abuses, but also if you fight/run/get belligerent with the police the chances of bad outcomes seriously increase.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 11:22:34 am »
I mean I feel like stopping the policing abuse should probably come first seeing as they are the ones whose job it is to not shoot people unless they really have to

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 11:22:54 am »
So, a black two-bit THUG (and he was) receives notoriety whilst, a white, UNARMED, female veteran gets shot and killed WITHOUT warning.....

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6249025548001#sp=show-clips
Floyd being a "thug" doesnt mean that Chauvin doesnt have a duty to render aide and ensure his health while under his custody and can show depraved indifference to his wellbeing.

And her being white, female, unarmed, and a veteran doesn't mean she wasn't acting like a thug.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 11:25:55 am »
I mean I feel like stopping the policing abuse should probably come first seeing as they are the ones whose job it is to not shoot people unless they really have to
Well both are problems- Bad shootings are more severe but infrequent. However resist is usually not as severe but much more frequent.

So both severe and frequent bad actions should be addressed. Differently for sure, but both are issues.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 12:20:14 pm »

Does fleeing arrest constitute firing on the suspect? I thought cops are taught only to fire in self-defense or when they think their life is threatened?