Read 5443 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: Resigning from Gepik
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2021, 04:56:56 pm »
The contract teachers who have been contract teachers for years should study harder to past the test.

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2021, 05:11:01 pm »
The contract teachers who have been contract teachers for years should study harder to past the test.
It's not a simple pass/fail scenario. Every year there will be a certain number of slots to basically replace retiring teachers. So in any given year they might hire say 100 English teachers, but some 2,000 potential English teachers will take the test. They'll hire the top 100 teachers with the top 100 scores.

Not sure of the actual numbers, but for Seoul I've heard numbers in excess of 15,000 test takers across all subjects. And typically they may hire about 1000 teachers total.

• Yana201
  • Waygookin

• November 29, 2018, 09:52:57 am
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2021, 08:16:58 pm »
That's great news to hear that the other Korean co-teach have stood up for you! It's really important in this country to have some local have you back! Since it was not one but two Korean co-teachers who made a complaint against another Korean teacher, the principal and vice principal had to take it more seriously. Also, it probably helped that they look up her bad history from the other school that proves she is a problematic person to begin with!

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2021, 11:07:40 pm »
"Not much action"? 

Um, the whole thing has been resolved and in your favor.

... unless you do something stupid like demand an apology.

My advice: just smile and carry on, or as they used to say around here: SNIP  (smile, nod, ignore, proceed).

Excuse me....it was non-action for me as NO ONE LET ME KNOW what was going on.... I waited and asked what was going on.  I didn't even know those teachers were on my side until the said they went to the principal's office.  I still don't know what was said, ..and my voice was/is  STILL unheard and that makes me uneasy! I don't need your snark, Mr. C.  SNIP doesn't really apply in this situation, but thanks~

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2021, 06:18:43 am »
Excuse me....it was non-action for me as NO ONE LET ME KNOW what was going on.... I waited and asked what was going on.  I didn't even know those teachers were on my side until the said they went to the principal's office.  I still don't know what was said, ..and my voice was/is  STILL unheard and that makes me uneasy! I don't need your snark, Mr. C.  SNIP doesn't really apply in this situation, but thanks~

<sigh>