Read 568 times

• albie2011
  • Adventurer

• June 08, 2011, 11:50:05 am
    • Hanam-si
Hi! I'm seeing notices in my neighbourhood (Anseong-si) for foreigners to apply online and in-person for 100,000won in Covid-19 relief funds in April.

Has anyone done this yet? What was the process like? How did you go about it?

http://tbs.seoul.kr/eFm/newsView.do?typ_800=O&idx_800=3421715&seq_800=
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn? Mr Bennet, 'Pride and Prejudice'

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
It says that I've overstayed my visa sojourn on the website.

Which is clearly false. Who knew, the thing doesn't fukking work?

Also, I love the site. "Oh English, great" Homepage is in English. Open the tab to apply? BOOM, Everything in Korean.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
No doubt the online part is filled with dumbshit software installs required.

It says that I've overstayed my visa sojourn on the website.

Which is clearly false.
Now now, we don't know what CO4 has been up to.....

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Now now, we don't know what CO4 has been up to.....

Oh, she ball............... ....
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

You just go to your local 주민 center with your ARC and maybe passport to be safe (but I don't think you need that). If you don't speak Korean, just take a picture of the sign with your phone. Go in, show the picture, they will send you to a table to fill out your name and stuff and check your ID, then send you to another room to get the card, you sign, and leave.

• albie2011
  • Adventurer

• June 08, 2011, 11:50:05 am
    • Hanam-si
You just go to your local 주민 center with your ARC and maybe passport to be safe (but I don't think you need that). If you don't speak Korean, just take a picture of the sign with your phone. Go in, show the picture, they will send you to a table to fill out your name and stuff and check your ID, then send you to another room to get the card, you sign, and leave.

Thank you for this. Just so happens I went to check out what time my local 주민 center closes yesterday afternoon - it was 17h35 and they close at 18h00, so I went in. They took my temperature, showed me to a desk where a staff member looked at my ARC, filled out a form on my behalf (which I then signed) and was shown into another room where I was handed my card with my 100,000 won loaded after a brief wait. Just as you described.

Appreciate your response - have an awesome weekend.
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn? Mr Bennet, 'Pride and Prejudice'

Thank you for this. Just so happens I went to check out what time my local 주민 center closes yesterday afternoon - it was 17h35 and they close at 18h00, so I went in. They took my temperature, showed me to a desk where a staff member looked at my ARC, filled out a form on my behalf (which I then signed) and was shown into another room where I was handed my card with my 100,000 won loaded after a brief wait. Just as you described.

No worries, you too! Evidently there is also an app associated with it, whereby you can see the remaining balance. Also, apparently, on the app, you can load money onto it and they give you a 10% bonus 9 but just remember you have to use it at smaller stores or privately owned franchises that make under a certain amount of revenue a year, I think a billion won). Have a good weekend!

Appreciate your response - have an awesome weekend.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang

Sorry, take a picture of what sign? 

Sorry, take a picture of what sign? 

OP said they've seen signs around their neighborhood. So if the OP doesn't speak any Korean at all, they could take a picture of the sign they saw, and show it when they go to the JuMin Center so that they can direct where to go.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
OP said they've seen signs around their neighborhood. So if the OP doesn't speak any Korean at all, they could take a picture of the sign they saw, and show it when they go to the JuMin Center so that they can direct where to go.

Ah, I see.  Thanks. 

So...you're saying everywhere there's a sign, telling you do this and don't do that and it's breaking their mind and they can't read the sign?

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
So...you're saying everywhere there's a sign, telling you do this and don't do that and it's breaking their mind and they can't read the sign?

A Five Man Electrical Band reference so soon after a GG Allin.  I have to give you credit for your wide ranging tastes.  Unless, of course you were thinking of the Tesla cover version. 

A Five Man Electrical Band reference so soon after a GG Allin.  I have to give you credit for your wide ranging tastes.  Unless, of course you were thinking of the Tesla cover version. 
While GG Allin while not exactly within taste, was sort of so given that I went to a few Gwar/DBX shows. As far as FMEB, I only know the song from hearing it on the oldies station while driving around in the ol' hoopty back home and it was probably in some movie or commercial that got stuck in my head. I wish I could take credit for being that cosmopolitan, but sadly, I'm just a guy who listened to the oldies station.