Read 3857 times

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
Re: America's waking up to Sleepy Joe
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2021, 10:00:18 am »
Are you proud of making the site worse, driving people away? Seems like something to be ashamed of. But... some people donít care. Too bad. Now the site has less traffic.

Are you proud of making the site worse, driving people away? Seems like something to be ashamed of. But... some people donít care. Too bad. Now the site has less traffic.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2021, 10:15:55 am »
Seems like youíre more interested in winning an argument than doing something useful / beneficial for readers.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2021, 10:19:23 am »
Seems like youíre more interested in winning an argument than doing something useful / beneficial for readers.

Seems like youíre more interested in winning an argument than doing something useful / beneficial for readers  :wink:

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2021, 10:34:03 am »
No. Not true. I use this site to upload lesson materials, something you and your pals will most likely never do.

Inane posts are why people are leaving this site. Do you care about that in the least? You enjoy making the world a worse place?

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2021, 11:43:29 am »
You canít even be bothered to used capitalization or punctuation. Youíre an annoying pest. Oh noes! I posted videos (directly relevant to what was being discussed). Bad manners would be starting a whole new thread to show a video.

i'm pretty sure LI has said the exact same thing about me. still not 100% sure LI isn't some kind of AI experimentgone wrong.

and at this point inane posts ARE this site. if you stripped away the inane posts there'd be a handful of people still uploading lessons (RIP hangook's lesson plans). people left the site because you have to pay to access previously free materials and there are other sites where you can download most of the same stuff for free.
more gg more skill

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2021, 12:02:09 pm »
Inane posts are why people are leaving this site. Do you care about that in the least? You enjoy making the world a worse place?

pretty sure the world is quite a bit larger than waygook dot org, amigo.

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2021, 01:09:59 pm »
Once again I want to point out the absurdity of people complaining about the integrity of the rules of debate and discussion on a thread entitled "America's waking up to Sleepy Joe". Clicking on a thread title such as that constitutes in my mind one consenting to participate in an inane sh*tshow of a thread. This isn't like the thread is titled: "Geopolitical Realities: Huntington's 'Clash of Civilizations' vs. Fukuyama's 'End of History"

In thread's like this, arguing that the person is doing X, which is some sort of debate foul, is often a sign that either A) The person is trying to call you a knob because you're acting like a complete knob or B) The person is losing the argument and rather than acknowledge your points, they'll pull a process argument to try and save face. It can also be both at the same time. But yeah, "That's off-topic" is generally one of the weakest gripes because no one practices it fairly. When do you see this- "Hey person that agrees with me, that last post you wrote that was off-topic. You're always trying to derail." No one does that. No one polices themselves on it.

Thread: Biden's tax plan is crap
Poster 1: Biden's tax plan is crap.
Poster 2: If Aliens came down to Earth they'd laugh at Biden for his mumbling gaffes.
(Poster 1: Either no comment or quote-reply+laughing emoji)
Poster 3: But Trump refused to release his tax returns.
Poster 1&2: Hey that's off-topic! We're talking about Biden's tax plan, not Trump's tax returns.

And so it goes, whether it's pro/anti-Biden or pro/-anti Trump or some Korea thread, etc.

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2021, 01:13:36 pm »
a lot of people criticise Hangook70's recent decision to move to China, but they love censhorchip. So maybe it's them who should move to China?

A lot of sour grapes in this community.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2021, 06:38:30 pm »
I split the topic. If you're looking for a comment that has vanished, it may have been moved to the newly created "Menthol Cigarettes" thread, which can be found here: https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=122069.0
Thank you!

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2021, 06:42:17 pm »
Once again I want to point out the absurdity of people complaining about the integrity of the rules of debate and discussion on a thread entitled "America's waking up to Sleepy Joe". Clicking on a thread title such as that constitutes in my mind one consenting to participate in an inane sh*tshow of a thread. This isn't like the thread is titled: "Geopolitical Realities: Huntington's 'Clash of Civilizations' vs. Fukuyama's 'End of History"

In thread's like this, arguing that the person is doing X, which is some sort of debate foul, is often a sign that either A) The person is trying to call you a knob because you're acting like a complete knob or B) The person is losing the argument and rather than acknowledge your points, they'll pull a process argument to try and save face. It can also be both at the same time. But yeah, "That's off-topic" is generally one of the weakest gripes because no one practices it fairly. When do you see this- "Hey person that agrees with me, that last post you wrote that was off-topic. You're always trying to derail." No one does that. No one polices themselves on it.

Thread: Biden's tax plan is crap
Poster 1: Biden's tax plan is crap.
Poster 2: If Aliens came down to Earth they'd laugh at Biden for his mumbling gaffes.
(Poster 1: Either no comment or quote-reply+laughing emoji)
Poster 3: But Trump refused to release his tax returns.
Poster 1&2: Hey that's off-topic! We're talking about Biden's tax plan, not Trump's tax returns.

And so it goes, whether it's pro/anti-Biden or pro/-anti Trump or some Korea thread, etc.
So if you don't like the thread title it's OK to derail that? Kind of like trump and the election results--if you don't like the results you inspire an attempted coup?

• chimp
  • Veteran

• April 19, 2015, 05:16:31 am
    • Zoo
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2021, 11:26:23 am »
a lot of people criticise Hangook70's recent decision to move to China, but they love censhorchip. So maybe it's them who should move to China?

A lot of sour grapes in this community.

People are criticizing the boring way he approaches his talking points and his weak-even-for-this-forum discussion skillz. Not marketable at all.
oo oo ahh ahh

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2021, 03:18:31 pm »
People are criticizing the boring way he approaches his talking points and his weak-even-for-this-forum discussion skillz. Not marketable at all.

Meanwhile in Mar-a-Lago !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVPqOLuVnpg

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:12:43 pm by T_Rex »

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2021, 10:35:09 pm »
Meanwhile in Mar-a-Lago !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVPqOLuVnpg

Great video. Sleepy Joe
Sleepy "Joe" Biden reminds me of a high school bully. And we all know what happens to bullies in high school after...

The tables will turn.

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2021, 06:29:11 am »

I'm glad you're able to get that off your chest!

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2021, 09:10:58 am »

You seem to find everything boring if it doesn't go along with what you think.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2021, 11:02:33 am »
So if you don't like the thread title it's OK to derail that? Kind of like trump and the election results--if you don't like the results you inspire an attempted coup?
I'm saying the thread title invites derailment (not to mention it is vague) and clicking on it is akin to signing a waiver. One look at such a title and you know you're entering a sh*tshow. And one look at how the thread has gone would confirm that. I mean, we've had cartoons, memes, accusations of others being Nazis and communists, videos, spats with the mods, etc.

I think the "integrity" of this thread was established with your thread title and OP.

And again- You don't complain when someone goes off-topic to post something you agree with. Unless you complain in all cases, your gripe here is just a flimsy, arbitrary one.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 01:14:15 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2021, 07:10:32 pm »
If the white genocide guy is going to go down this route...

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2021, 10:10:13 pm »
I'm saying the thread title invites derailment (not to mention it is vague) and clicking on it is akin to signing a waiver. One look at such a title and you know you're entering a sh*tshow. And one look at how the thread has gone would confirm that. I mean, we've had cartoons, memes, accusations of others being Nazis and communists, videos, spats with the mods, etc.

I think the "integrity" of this thread was established with your thread title and OP.

And again- You don't complain when someone goes off-topic to post something you agree with. Unless you complain in all cases, your gripe here is just a flimsy, arbitrary one.

You have a vast history of derailing threads so pull the other one.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2021, 01:28:31 am »

High integrity--thank you for recognizing that.

And then back to creating rules that you won't abide by but that you think will advance your specious argument.