Read 11025 times

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
Re: America's waking up to Sleepy Joe
« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2021, 08:42:26 am »
huh guess i was wrong about california. anyway, my point stands that not all judges are elected (and where i'm from, none of them are)
more gg more skill

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #221 on: July 02, 2021, 08:52:28 am »
“In most states, when sitting judges seek another term, they must participate in some type of popular election.”

Election in 39 states. Appointment in 11.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2021, 12:08:32 am »
I mean, Biden probably isn't making that decision either. The military-industrial complex has had an over-proportional reach in Washington for as long as I've been alive.

Sure he probably signs the papers and all that but especially considering his mental health I doubt he's going the extra mile to really decide something independently from his staffers/cabinet/etc.
His mental health?

Credit where credit is due. You sure can carry a grudge.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2021, 07:52:15 am »
His mental health?

Credit where credit is due. You sure can carry a grudge.

as it is, the guy's barely sentient. Not saying his mental health is necessarily a mental illness issue ofc, it very well could be the stress of the job taking its toll and he's perfectly fine in his off-time, I don't know the dude /that/ well. either way he doesn't seem like he's particularly enjoying his time in office. someone give grandpa a break!

also I like how when we go on about Trump's failings ("covfefe", unfit for office, mentally deranged, etc) its all in good fun, but the second one turns a critical eye towards biden's multiple "gaffes" its "carrying a grudge". you should go find some trump trolls to hang out with gogators!, you guys can bond over your propensity for blind hero worship of 70 year old politicians.

« Reply #224 on: July 09, 2021, 10:45:08 am »
as it is, the guy's barely sentient. Not saying his mental health is necessarily a mental illness issue ofc, it very well could be the stress of the job taking its toll and he's perfectly fine in his off-time, I don't know the dude /that/ well. either way he doesn't seem like he's particularly enjoying his time in office. someone give grandpa a break!
I think that's a bit much. While Biden has lost a step, he still seems pretty with it. He does seem to get more irritable or have more "senior moments" but in between the gaffes there's lots of footage of him being alert, cogent, charming, communicative, even thinking quickly. He also seems to still have pretty good judgment. I'm not sure he has a 2nd term in him, but I think he still meets the bar for being mentally there. I DO think there is some management of him going on (people are probably noticing how much he can handle, what sets him off, and how long he can work for) and undoubtedly the Harris camp is licking their chops at Biden, but he's still fine.

also I like how when we go on about Trump's failings ("covfefe", unfit for office, mentally deranged, etc) its all in good fun, but the second one turns a critical eye towards biden's multiple "gaffes" its "carrying a grudge". you should go find some trump trolls to hang out with gogators!, you guys can bond over your propensity for blind hero worship of 70 year old politicians.
I didn't put much stock in that stuff and I'm not going to do it with Biden. Going to give him the benefit of the doubt until I see clear evidence of him being a complete drooling imbecile.

I still go back to Joe's speech that saved him in South Carolina- where he talked about Beau's death. He was clearly lucid and communicative at that moment. He's been that way regularly enough to show that he's still there.

But yes, I agree, the people who jumped on everything Trump did as evidence of him being deranged or senile and now are going "I don't see anything" are just as bad as Trumpstans. You can't have it both ways.

I defer to the "I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because the media loves to play gotcha and with 24-7 camera phones everywhere, we're probably catching more of these slips than with past Presidents" but if someone wants to be like "I saw plenty of problems with Septuagenarian dough boy Trump and his state AND I see plenty of problems with Septuagenarian Biden", I have no problems with that either. It's just this blind "team" crap that bothers me.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2021, 10:47:26 am »
if gloob falls up the stairs at school and no one is around to film it, is he really sentient?
more gg more skill

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #226 on: July 09, 2021, 11:04:27 am »
I defer to the "I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because the media loves to play gotcha and with 24-7 camera phones everywhere, we're probably catching more of these slips than with past Presidents" but if someone wants to be like "I saw plenty of problems with Septuagenarian dough boy Trump and his state AND I see plenty of problems with Septuagenarian Biden", I have no problems with that either. It's just this blind "team" crap that bothers me.
I agree.
Vote, ask the difficult questions, and re-evaluate your choices whenever new information surfaces.
Blind partisanship is the death of democracy.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2021, 11:05:40 am »
whether biden's fit to hold office or not is besides the point for me. we shouldn't be electing 70-year-olds or senior citizens in general imho (and yes, that goes for trump and bernie as well)

like sure, maybe hes lucid sometimes, thats great. but if he needs handlers following him around to make sure he doesnt have a mental lapse or whatever it is that happens when he goes of on his nearly incomprehensible tangents i feel like thats enough to disqualify him right there. the president should be able to do his job at any time for as long as is required. well, i guess when a real crisis rolls around and he cant get his allotted sanity recharge time, we have the harris camp in the wings  :undecided:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 11:08:17 am by 745sticky »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #228 on: July 09, 2021, 10:50:38 pm »

Barely sentient?

As for his "gaffes," you do realize he stutters, which sometimes affects his speaking.

Commenting upon someone's accomplishments is not hero worship.

I don't think being president is a job anyone enjoys.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2021, 11:01:01 pm »
Barely sentient?

As for his "gaffes," you do realize he stutters, which sometimes affects his speaking.

Commenting upon someone's accomplishments is not hero worship.

I don't think being president is a job anyone enjoys.

« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2021, 10:33:27 am »
Three Trump hoaxes
1) Trump mocked a reporter for being disabled. Ample evidence has shown Trump using the same voice and manner to mock non-disabled people
2) Trump called Nazis "Fine People". Transcripts clearly show he did not.
3) Trump told people to "drink bleach". Transcripts clearly show he did not say that.

Transcripts also show Biden has regularly stuck up for people with disabilities, has condemned not just Nazis, but also non-Nazi right-wing radicals, and while Biden has certainly had his share of gaffes and is famous for them, he also knows (generally) when to let his expert standing next to him do the talking.

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2021, 11:46:37 am »
1) Trump mocked a reporter for being disabled. Ample evidence has shown Trump using the same voice and manner to mock non-disabled people

I wouldn't call this a "hoax". Whether or not the arthrogryposis was the subject of his mockery, it's understandable that people would reach the conclusion that he was mocking the guy's disability. Yes, you can go back and look at old footage and say, "Well, he did something kind of similar about Person X, who doesn't have a physical disability." I think the most confident conclusion that you can reach from that is that maybe he didn't intend to mock Serge Kovaleski's physical condition. However, Trump's case wasn't helped by the fact that he prefaced his imitation with "You've got to see this guy", then said he didn't know what Kovaleski looked like, despite numerous corroborations of Kovaleski's claim that he and Trump met in person many times over the course of his career as a reporter. So all thing considered, it's possible that Trump didn't mock him for being disabled, but Trump himself is mainly responsible for allowing that idea to take root.

Here's the supposed video evidence of Trump doing similar impressions: https://www.catholics4trump.com/even-more-video-evidence-trump-did-not-mock-reporters-disability/

I don't think everyone who views these clips is going to be convinced that Trump wasn't taking a low blow at Kovaleski's condition, but we'll never know either way.

2) Trump called Nazis "Fine People". Transcripts clearly show he did not.

Those he referred to as fine people were attendees of a rally organized by white supremacist organizations. All of the publicity material made it very clear what attendees should expect.

Trump's quote with more context:

"Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either. And if you reported it accurately, you would say."

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."...

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

"Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

Reporter: "Sir, I just didn’t understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? I just don’t understand what you were saying."

Trump: "No, no. There were people in that rally -- and I looked the night before -- if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

"But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest -- because, I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So I only tell you this: There are two sides to a story...."

Realistically, I think Trump didn't really know much about anything that went on in Charlottesville so he tried to avoid alienating people that he thought might be his supporters. I don't think he went out of his way to praise Neo-Nazis as "fine people". However, he made a mistake by trying to play both sides by praising people who attended an openly fascist event, and reflexively condemning the anti-fascists, particularly after one of the white supremacists had murdered someone.

3) Trump told people to "drink bleach". Transcripts clearly show he did not say that.

I don't know anyone who seriously thinks that Trump told people to "drink bleach". He said something stupid and people mock him for it - simple as that. It's more of a meme than a hoax. At the time, he was on a manic tear through stream-of-consciousness coronavirus press conferences, using most of his camera time to praise himself. He attempted to sound authoritative on a scientific topic and bungled it, and now we all laugh at him because it's our best defense against his obscene hubris.

That being said, some people actually did drink bleach after that press conference. Not many, but it happened.

But yeah, if you think that Trump literally "told people to drink bleach" then you owe it to yourself to get better informed. In the meantime, the rest of us will keep making fun of him for speculating off-the-cuff about how using toxic chemicals internally might be the key to coronavirus suppression.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 12:03:24 pm by fka »

« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2021, 04:25:27 pm »
Thank you for acknowledging that all three of those claims about Trump are not true (or at least not conclusive). Whenever they pop up, those of us that care about the truth, should be sure to correct people who falsely spread them. I do. I hope you do too.

That being said, you are 100% right that Trump's bumbling and off-the-cuff style has consequences and all of these are legitimate consequences of his actions. It giveth and taketh away.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2021, 08:27:07 pm »
Those of us that care about the truth.
Well that counts you out.

« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2021, 08:47:47 pm »
Trump's coming back and soon. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvSnHjYSy8k

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #235 on: July 12, 2021, 02:16:22 am »
Trump's coming back and soon. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvSnHjYSy8k

I read he's coming soon to a prosecutor near you.

« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2021, 08:04:56 am »
Nice to see Americans' appreciation for someone who's working to get the country back on track and doesn't spend all his time watching TV, playing golf and tweeting.

Cmon, totally nothing has changed in America. Democracy isn’t actually real, it’s the same old corporate-state. The same global military fascism, debt, corporate profits, propaganda controlled society, etc. New face.

Really, short of actual revolution there is no change coming to America.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2021, 06:09:26 am »
Cmon, totally nothing has changed in America. Democracy isn’t actually real, it’s the same old corporate-state. The same global military fascism, debt, corporate profits, propaganda controlled society, etc. New face.

Really, short of actual revolution there is no change coming to America.
Says the dyed in the wool communist claiming that a completely materialistic dictatorship is based on some sort of moral order.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2021, 11:49:18 pm »
Thank you for acknowledging that all three of those claims about Trump are not true (or at least not conclusive). Whenever they pop up, those of us that care about the truth, should be sure to correct people who falsely spread them. I do. I hope you do too.

That being said, you are 100% right that Trump's bumbling and off-the-cuff style has consequences and all of these are legitimate consequences of his actions. It giveth and taketh away.

Oh please.  He's a traitor.  End of.

Dec 1: "To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election," AG Barr.  After literally all the results have been tallied, double-checked and audited up the wazoo. 

Dec 27: "These people who saying that the election isn’t corrupt are corrupt,” Trump said.  “Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.” to DOJ AG (This is a criminal act)

Jan 4: “All I want to do is this: I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,” Trump says, according to audio of the call to GA election mgr. “There’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, that you’ve recalculated.” (this may be a criminal act)

Jan 6: "And Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. ...They want them recertified, but the only way that can happen is if Mike Pence agrees to send it back. Mike Pence has to agree to send it back.
Send it back. Send it back. Send it back. Send it back. Send it back. Send it back.
They should be regulated, investigated, and brought to justice under the fullest extent of the law. They are totally breaking the law.Together we will drain the Washington swamp, and we will clean up the corruption in our nation's Capitol.
So we are going to--we are going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we are going to the Capitol, and we are going to try and give--the Democrats are hopeless, they are never voting for anything, not even one vote but we are going to try--give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help, we're try--going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue." Trump

Then of course he scurries off to the WH like the coward he is and cheers watching it unfold on TV as even his kids--his kids--are disgusted and amazed.

Jan 13: “The president bears responsibility for [the] attack on Congress by mob rioters,” McCarthy said on the House floor. “He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding. These facts require immediate action by President Trump.”

Jan 19:  “The mob was fed lies,” McConnell said. “They were provoked by the president and other powerful people, and they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government which they did not like.”

Feb 13:  “There’s no question” that Trump “is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day,” McConnell said just after the Senate acquitted Trump of inciting the attack. “No question about it.”

That's who you are supporting.