Read 2217 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Banning Menthol Cigarettes
« Reply #120 on: Yesterday at 09:09:34 pm »
unfortunately the US wouldn't have that problem (to the extent that more fully socialized countries would). but it is a good point.

we also don't penalize people with other carcinogenic lifestyle choices. i admit, cigarettes seem much much worse than most other commonly consumed carcinogens, but where do we draw the line? it's definitely a policy problem. i mean i'm sure vanislander wants to ban sausages and eggs (just a joke pls dont get mad), but most of us enjoy the occasional fenway frank
Even Yankees fans?

Carcinogenic lifestyle choices is a strange phrase. Most people are unaware of the carcinogens they are being exposed to unless they're unfortunate, i.e., poor, enough to live in a cancer zone. Don't eat the cheese stuck to the pizza box. The box coating is a carcinogen. Same for the bags microwave popcorn comes in.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Banning Menthol Cigarettes
« Reply #121 on: Yesterday at 09:11:07 pm »
You're seriously asking for evidence that gangs, already engaged intra-state cigarette smuggling, are prepping for the menthol ban? You think the cartels haven't noticed that? Are you serious?

Taxes aren't necessarily stupid. They are if your government becomes dependent on the revenue stream while trying to eradicate use of the product and if they become so excessive as to be de facto illegal.

We're not talking criminals, we're talking gangs and cartels, which are bigger than one stupid individual and are like dragon's teeth- get rid of one and two more spring up in its place.
I'm not privy to what the cartels are up to. Are you claiming to be?