Read 1511 times

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
Re: guilty
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2021, 10:58:50 am »
Why do you think he should have been declared "Not guilty"?

You're talking about all this peripheral stuff while maintaining that he was innocent (of all charges, I'm presuming). Is there a key piece of evidence which proves that George Floyd would be dead regardless of Derek Chauvin's actions? If not, it seems like a guilty verdict on at least one or two counts was probable. 

Why would you look positively on a not guilty verdict for someone who killed another person in a manner that many law enforcement and medical experts argued was excessive, in violation of policing norms, and unjustly cruel? Why would you consider that a favorable result?

Why should other people be imprisoned for their bad life choices but not this particular man?

Also...

I don't normally use the emojis but I don't think there's any response to this other than  :huh:
Firstly, jury intimidation is not at all a peripheral issue. It's actually grounds for a mistrial. Secondly, the burden of proof is not on the defense. The defense did not need to prove that Floyd would be dead regardless of Chauvin's actions. It only needed to show that there was reasonable doubt about what happened.

The real issue of concern in this case is rule of law being replaced by rule of mob.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2021, 11:19:26 am »
what proof do you have that jury intimidation was a factor in this case?
more gg more skill

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2021, 11:28:13 am »
Several defence lawyer and various Republican politicos are citing Maxime Waters' speech as an incitement to violence should the verdict return as "non-guilty", and that it was a thinly veiled attempt to influence the jurors. There was a lot of comparisons being made to the KKK of the 1930's who threatened reprisals if a white man was found guilty, or if a black guy was acquitted.
 I don't know how one would go about proving that said speech influenced the jurors though, especially as they're currently anonymous and sequestered.

I guess we'll all find out whether these accusations have any reason/merit to them in the inevitable appeals court.

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2021, 12:07:40 pm »
The real issue of concern in this case is rule of law being replaced by rule of mob.

This implies that the verdict would have been "not guilty" had certain other factors not been present. Yet I don't see anyone making the argument that defense had a superior case.

what proof do you have that jury intimidation was a factor in this case?

I'd also like an answer to this question. And while we're at it, does anyone want to take a stab at my previous ones?

Why would you look positively on a not guilty verdict for someone who killed another person in a manner that many law enforcement and medical experts argued was excessive, in violation of policing norms, and unjustly cruel? Why would you consider that a favorable result?

Why should other people be imprisoned for their bad life choices but not this particular man?

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2021, 12:25:53 pm »
waygook dot org users T-rex and plan b know something that we, the judge, the jurors, and apparently the rest of the country dont.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2021, 02:19:56 pm »
Several defence lawyer and various Republican politicos are citing Maxime Waters' speech as an incitement to violence should the verdict return as "non-guilty", and that it was a thinly veiled attempt to influence the jurors. There was a lot of comparisons being made to the KKK of the 1930's who threatened reprisals if a white man was found guilty, or if a black guy was acquitted.
 I don't know how one would go about proving that said speech influenced the jurors though, especially as they're currently anonymous and sequestered.
But more especially as Maxine Waters does not have a hundred plus history of lynching, tarring and feathering, and otherwise murdering people based on the color of their skin.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2021, 02:58:01 pm »
waygook dot org users T-rex and plan b know something that we, the judge, the jurors, and apparently the rest of the country dont.
i like how youre using waygook.org user basedcowboyshirt's trademark even though you came after he left (i think). that's how you know its good stuff
more gg more skill

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 03:51:46 pm »
Mayorhaggar: man right-wingers really love it when the police kill black people
Martin: we don't all do that! I don't do that! I'm different!

[5 minutes later]

nEw sHiT hAs cOmE tO LiGhT

Translation: "I'm spending too much time on Breitbart again"

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2021, 09:55:28 pm »
Mayorhaggar: man right-wingers really love it when the police kill black people
Martin: we don't all do that! I don't do that! I'm different!

[5 minutes later]

Translation: "I'm spending too much time on Breitbart again"
Dude it was me mocking myself based on Tyler's meme.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2021, 10:03:49 pm »
Dude it was me mocking myself based on Tyler's meme.

Ah, don't do that, man!

Leave it to the pros.  'Cause if that's your idea of mocking yourself, you are hopeless.

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2021, 01:45:02 am »
I support the verdict, but there is still nothing to celebrate. This verdict against Derek Chauvin will not
bring George Floyd out of the dead.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2021, 07:51:50 am »
i like how youre using waygook.org user basedcowboyshirt's trademark even though you came after he left (i think). that's how you know its good stuff

actually i copied it from you copying it from basedbowboyshirt lol. although im pretty sure i got to bask in waygook.org user basedcowboyshirt's esteemed presence at least a couple times, i remember seeing his based life advice thread or whatever it was at least

• Renma
  • Adventurer

• September 01, 2014, 06:09:42 am
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2021, 08:44:55 am »
I understood the Big Lebowski reference, at least.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2021, 09:48:29 am »
^haven't seen it personally, a bit before my time

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2021, 10:33:06 am »
actually i copied it from you copying it from basedbowboyshirt lol.

the [websitename] dot com thing? i think thats just a common internet joke. i see it used pretty regularly

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2021, 11:02:46 am »
Ah, don't do that, man!

Leave it to the pros.  'Cause if that's your idea of mocking yourself, you are hopeless.
Have you even seen the movie? It's the line immediately after the one in the meme.

And she didn't even kidnap herself.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• Busan
    more
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2021, 11:39:37 am »
woah woah dont spoil it for sticky who will eventually develop taste buds and decide to watch it.

and yeah youre right caitlinn but he was the only one who did it (extremely) regularly hereTHANK YOU BASED GOD
more gg more skill

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2021, 12:19:02 pm »
woah woah dont spoil it for sticky who will eventually develop taste buds and decide to watch it.

and yeah youre right caitlinn but he was the only one who did it (extremely) regularly hereTHANK YOU BASED GOD

makes sense. its a p good meme, and from what i gather those are rare 'round these parts

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2021, 12:25:50 pm »
the [websitename] dot com thing? i think thats just a common internet joke. i see it used pretty regularly
I've seen it used in other contexts (especially regarding one facebook dot com user in particular, but that's getting deep into mtg shitposting lore) but as Tyler said cowboys the only one who did it regularly on here

makes sense. its a p good meme, and from what i gather those are rare 'round these parts
As much as I'd love to contribute quality memes of my own, certain waygook dot org users get up in arms when i make jokes about boomers for some mysterious reason

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2021, 08:11:51 am »
You need to remember that even though I agree with the jury's decision, this is still not a celebration.