Read 11069 times

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
America's waking up to Sleepy Joe
« on: April 04, 2021, 12:21:39 am »
The survey of 1,556 U.S. adults, which was conducted from March 23 to March 25, found that Bidenís approval rating on COVID-19 has climbed 5 percentage points (from 51 percent to 56 percent) over the past two weeks. A near-identical majority of Americans (55 percent) now say they support the administrationís recently passed COVID relief package ó up from 52 percent in February ó while just a quarter (25 percent) say they oppose it.

Nice to see Americans' appreciation for someone who's working to get the country back on track and doesn't spend all his time watching TV, playing golf and tweeting.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
Re: America's waking up to Sleepy Joe
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 06:39:18 am »
Not being an American, domestic politics there doesn't concern me but what does is how he will handle China. Xi is becoming more aggressive by the day and his goal is the South China Sea to mention but one thing. He is upping his ante against Taiwan and the Philippines (the Philippines president is too deep in Xi's pocket to see the writing on the wall) and should Xi gain control there that will be a disaster for the world.

So, I can understand those who got a nice bit of money liking him (and it's great they got it) but, how is he going to handle Xi?
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 10:08:28 am »
The usual suspects assembling to regale us with on-topic and well-thought-out rebuttals:

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 10:29:06 pm »
MayorHaggar logic: If you disagree, you're a Nazi/White Supremacist/Racist. And why don't the mods here regulate trollish behavior?

Also, MayorHaggar: I'll troll this thread and Korea isn't a civilized country and the people eat weeds.

Seriously dude, who the F are you to lecture people on bigotry?

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 12:47:10 am »
Biden has failed massively on the issue of securing the border. He would rather virtue signal (e.g., ban the term "illegal alien" from government communication) than deal with the reality of the situation. Local law enforcement gets stuck with picking up the pieces.

"[Sheriff] Martinez, a democrat, says there was poor planning on the part of the current administration.

" 'They just wiped out the old policy under the Trump administration and when they took over, the Biden administration didn't have a plan to put their new policy in place.

" 'These people who are coming across are telling us the Biden administration was going to be more lax than the previous one, and that's why they are crossing. That's why they are coming and it's only going to get worse.'....

"Sheriff Martinez said that there are days where 75% of his resources are being used at this particular illegal border crossing. 'Our resources are being used to help out with illegal immigration, but I need my deputies to be there in order to keep our citizens safe and to help out our federal partners.'....

"Martinez is disappointed with the politicians in Washington, DC. 'It's madness what's going here. I'd like to invite all of them down here, President Biden and VP Harris. They are 2,000 miles away making decisions that are effecting us. It's just a dog and pony show when these senators and congressmen show up and everyone brings all their toys out for an hour or two. They take pictures and put on a show. It'd like to see some action instead of lip service.'

"Sheriff Martinez says he wants the 31 other 'border sheriff's' in Arizona and Texas to be at the table with Washington politicians to discuss policies and strategies on immigration.

" 'We are in trouble when it comes to immigration. I don't think it's going to get any better anytime soon.'

"Even though the Biden administration has so far refused to use the word 'crisis' when it comes to describing the border situation, Sheriff Martinez has no problem saying, 'this is a crisis.' "
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9415395/Texas-sheriff-tells-small-town-overrun-migrants.html

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 09:12:19 am »
Biden has failed massively on the issue of securing the border. He would rather virtue signal (e.g., ban the term "illegal alien" from government communication) than deal with the reality of the situation. Local law enforcement gets stuck with picking up the pieces.

"[Sheriff] Martinez, a democrat, says there was poor planning on the part of the current administration.

" 'They just wiped out the old policy under the Trump administration and when they took over, the Biden administration didn't have a plan to put their new policy in place.

" 'These people who are coming across are telling us the Biden administration was going to be more lax than the previous one, and that's why they are crossing. That's why they are coming and it's only going to get worse.'....

"Sheriff Martinez said that there are days where 75% of his resources are being used at this particular illegal border crossing. 'Our resources are being used to help out with illegal immigration, but I need my deputies to be there in order to keep our citizens safe and to help out our federal partners.'....

"Martinez is disappointed with the politicians in Washington, DC. 'It's madness what's going here. I'd like to invite all of them down here, President Biden and VP Harris. They are 2,000 miles away making decisions that are effecting us. It's just a dog and pony show when these senators and congressmen show up and everyone brings all their toys out for an hour or two. They take pictures and put on a show. It'd like to see some action instead of lip service.'

"Sheriff Martinez says he wants the 31 other 'border sheriff's' in Arizona and Texas to be at the table with Washington politicians to discuss policies and strategies on immigration.

" 'We are in trouble when it comes to immigration. I don't think it's going to get any better anytime soon.'

"Even though the Biden administration has so far refused to use the word 'crisis' when it comes to describing the border situation, Sheriff Martinez has no problem saying, 'this is a crisis.' "
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9415395/Texas-sheriff-tells-small-town-overrun-migrants.html
Did Sheriff Martinez mention his plan? I didn't think so.

"A key policy is that in addition to the mass reversals of Trump's policies, the Biden administration wants to provide an eight-year path to citizenship for the almost 11 million unauthorized people living in the US.

The citizenship timeline is pretty easy to understand. Those living in the US without legal status as of Jan. 1, 2021, could gain temporary legal status, or a green card, in five years. To do so, they'd need to pass a background check, pay taxes and meet other requirements. Millions of unauthorized immigrants already pay taxes by using an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Workers without legal status generate millions of dollars for Social Security and Medicare, yet aren't eligible for any of the benefits that accompany a Social Security number.

After that, Biden's plan outlines a three-year path to naturalization if the person pursues citizenship.

This new legislation, particularly HR 6, will provide "conditional permanent resident status" to qualifying nonresidents who entered the US as minors. The bill requires the individual to have been physically present in the US since Jan. 1, 2021, pass a background check, and be enrolled in an educational program.

HR 1603, the legislation regarding migrant farmers, seeks to deliver lawful status, better working conditions and stability for immigrants in the agricultural industry."

The only thing blocking progress on US immigration policy is the crazy caucus in the Senate.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 11:46:54 am »
Did Sheriff Martinez mention his plan? I didn't think so.

"A key policy is that in addition to the mass reversals of Trump's policies, the Biden administration wants to provide an eight-year path to citizenship for the almost 11 million unauthorized people living in the US.

The citizenship timeline is pretty easy to understand. Those living in the US without legal status as of Jan. 1, 2021, could gain temporary legal status, or a green card, in five years. To do so, they'd need to pass a background check, pay taxes and meet other requirements. Millions of unauthorized immigrants already pay taxes by using an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Workers without legal status generate millions of dollars for Social Security and Medicare, yet aren't eligible for any of the benefits that accompany a Social Security number.

After that, Biden's plan outlines a three-year path to naturalization if the person pursues citizenship.

This new legislation, particularly HR 6, will provide "conditional permanent resident status" to qualifying nonresidents who entered the US as minors. The bill requires the individual to have been physically present in the US since Jan. 1, 2021, pass a background check, and be enrolled in an educational program.

HR 1603, the legislation regarding migrant farmers, seeks to deliver lawful status, better working conditions and stability for immigrants in the agricultural industry."

The only thing blocking progress on US immigration policy is the crazy caucus in the Senate.

Trump reduced the numbers coming over.  Biden wants to bring in illegal immigrants and give them citizenship as fast as possible because he knows they'll vote Democratic. 

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 11:54:31 am »
for what it's worthand it's worth absolutely nothing if they're brought over by the government and given citizenship there would be nothing illegal about it. just sayin'good **** do i hate people who end their comment's with "just sayin'"
more gg more skill

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 01:09:15 pm »
I wonder how long Dem and woke support for illegal/legal immigration and citizenship will last if they all start shifting more and more Republican?

• DocH
  • Veteran

• March 01, 2021, 11:25:39 am
    • pub
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 01:17:11 pm »
I wonder how long Dem and woke support for illegal/legal immigration and citizenship will last if they all start shifting more and more Republican?

I live in a county with a fairly high Hispanic population. Farmers, laborers, small business owners (or, former small business owners), teachers, police officers  They all like freedom...pretty much all Republican voters.  BUT...

Anyway, while the woke were out buying toilet paper, the pro-active were buying ammunition. 

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 01:29:36 pm by DocH »

• fka
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 01:31:38 pm »
You like having a dirty ass? Thank a vet!

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 01:32:34 pm »
the pro-active were buying ammunition. 
...for what?
more gg more skill

• DocH
  • Veteran

• March 01, 2021, 11:25:39 am
    • pub
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 01:34:47 pm »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/04/01/bidens_bait-and-switch_presidency_145512.html

joe Biden was elected as a moderate-left Democrat, but he is not governing as one.

...it's a rather fair article. 

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2021, 02:17:26 pm »
...for what?

Something something FEMA camps.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2021, 02:44:50 am »
If a frog had wings...

Giving illegal immigrants a path to citizenship has been an issue since at least when George Bush was president. It was part of his platform. "Woke support" is a fundamentally wrong descriptor.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 02:46:23 am »
I live in a county with a fairly high Hispanic population. Farmers, laborers, small business owners (or, former small business owners), teachers, police officers  They all like freedom...pretty much all Republican voters.  BUT...

Anyway, while the woke were out buying toilet paper, the pro-active were buying ammunition. 

Tax ammunition and make murderers pay for their crimes up front.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 02:50:59 am »

If they're Republican voters, the only freedom they're for is to free ride on honest taxpayers. Republicans identify themselves by what they're against, which is pretty much everything, not with what they are for.

Let's start with an easy one--a woman's freedom to choose what happens with her body. Are they for that?

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 07:59:21 am »
The usual suspects assembling to regale us with on-topic and well-thought-out rebuttals:

Wait, I thought that since Trump is out office that means we get to be mean to Biden now.  :undecided:

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 10:56:41 am »
Tax ammunition and make murderers pay for their crimes up front.
You know NRA members actually have lower rates of gun violence than the general public?

Taxing ammunition does not really accomplish the goal you are seeking.

Let's start with an easy one--a woman's freedom to choose what happens with her body. Are they for that?
You can twist anyone's position to be for or against something.

They would say they are for protecting the rights and life of the (insert preferred nomenclature here).

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2021, 12:50:57 pm »
Killing two birds with one stone. 

But, really, beware of the useful idiots.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 12:54:49 pm by hangook77 »