Read 1238 times

****trigger warning****
   I have been asked to place a notice at the beginning of this comment to warn readers that some of the content is pretty disturbing, as it contains a graphic account of rape as part of asking for signatures for a petition.
   I personally feel that it's a worthy cause and that one should give the message a look, but that the subject matter might make it a very difficult read for some people.

-Kyndo

https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/Temp/L1gXLv?fbclid=IwAR0haRI28PHzDS8G-UyjazLRSDlRbFrZXbhoIWg-Trzgk2Gtwr-5TgqXchQ

미성년자 집단 성폭행 사건’

대한민국 대통령님께 ‘미성년자 집단 성폭행 사건’에 대한 청원을 올립니다.

내용은 아래와 같습니다.

“저는 외국인이며 서울에 온 지 약 6개월이 되었습니다. 서울에 온 후 여러 차례 성추행 및 성폭행을 겪었습니다. 이전에도 한국 경찰과 좋지 않은 경험이 있었습니다.
지난 2월 저는 서울 동쪽의 한 모텔에서 두 명의 남성으로부터 난폭한 집단 성폭행을 당했습니다. 범행은 잔혹했고 가해자들은 술에 취하지 않은 상태였습니다. 가해자 중 한 명은 제가 지인 또는 친구로 여기는 사람이었습니다. 그들은 저를 밤새 세 차례 성폭행을 했습니다. 한 명은 성폭행 장면을 촬영하고 사진을 찍었으며 그것들을 저에게 보여주었습니다. 그들은 욕설을 퍼부었고 그 중 한 명은 저에게 헤프고 매춘부라며 욕을 했습니다. A가 먼저 저를 성폭행했습니다. 몸으로 저를 누르며 성기를 제 입으로 집어넣었고 저를 벽으로 밀친 후 (이로 인해 머리에 부상을 입음) 몸무게로 저를 누르며 성폭행하기 시작했습니다. A는 그 후 방에서 나갔고 B가 돌아왔습니다. 제 몸을 거칠고 폭력적으로 만졌고 제 몸을 잡아챘습니다. B는 제 몸속에 손가락을 집어넣었고 저는 수 차례 손가락을 빼려고 했습니다. 하지만 그는 제 얼굴을 약 다섯 차례 때렸고 계속해서 질 안에 손가락을 넣었습니다. 그는 저를 잔인하게 강간했고 몸에 여러 군데 멍이 들게 했으며 저는 너무 고통스러워 그 다음날 걷지도 못하게 되었습니다. B 역시 저를 벽에 밀치고 머리에 추가적으로 부상을 입혔습니다. 그리고 저는 성병을 옮았습니다. 저의 목을 심하게 졸라서 숨을 쉴 수조차 없었으며 거의 기절한 상태였습니다. 저는 내내 울부짖고 소리를 질렀고 이는 제가 당시 녹음한 음성 파일에서 확인할 수 있습니다. 저는 한국어를 못하기 때문에 경찰에 신고하는 방법을 몰랐고 신고를 할 수 없었습니다. 저는 가해자에게 술에 취했냐고 질문을 했고 그는 분명히 취하지 않았다고 대답하는 내용이 음성 파일에 있습니다. 따라서 범행 당시 가해자는 술에 취하지 않은 상태였습니다. B는 범행 후 저에게 연락을 하여 성관계를 요구했습니다.”

사건 당시 피해자는 미성년자였고 해당 사건은 재판이 약 2 년 소요될 것으로 예상됩니다. 여러분의 청원으로 그 절차가 좀 더 빠르게 진행될 수 있을 것입니다.

Esteemed President of South Korea, we would like to petition for Support in the Gang Rape Trial of a Minor in South Korea.
The story as it follows:
“I’m a foreigner who came to Seoul around 6 months and has experience a lot of sexual harassment / assault since coming to Seoul. I’ve had bad experiences with the Korean police before as well.
But in February I was violently gang raped by two men in a hotel room in eastern Seoul. It was very brutal and sober. One of the men was someone I considered to be an acquaintance/friend. They raped me three times over the course of a night. One took a video/photo of the rape and later showed me. It was very verbally abusive, with one of them calling me a slut and whore. Man A raped me first. He held me down with his body weight, put his genitals inside my mouth then threw me against a wall (inflicting a head injury) and began to have sex with me while holding me down with his body weight. Man A then left the room and then Man B returned. He began to touch my body roughly, violently and grabbed me. He put his fingers inside me while I tried to take them out of my body many times (using my whole strength) he just hit me in the face around 5 times and then continued to put his fingers inside my vagina. He brutally raped me, inflicted many bruises and put me in so much pain I could barely walk the next day. Man B also threw me against the wall and inflicted further injuries on my head. I later found they also gave me an STD. He choked me so hard I couldn’t breath and almost passed out. I was crying and screaming out the whole time, which can be found in an audio file I took at the time because I didn’t know how to call police because I couldn’t speak Korean. I asked him in the audio file if he was drunk and he clearly said no. So the perpetrator was not drunk at the time of the rape. Man B contacted me after the rape and told me he wanted to have sex with me again.”
At the time of the rape she was still a minor and because the case it will take around 2 years, this petition will help in speeding up the process.
The victim attended the best university in South Korea but due to the inflicted trauma, she dropped out of that prestigious university and is attending an online school.
첨부링크 1 : https://m.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=03198006628986272&mediaCodeNo=257
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:45:53 am by thunderlips »

Re: Please sign the petition for the rape of a foreign student
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 05:42:21 am »
So...where are Korea apologists? 

This stuff happens all the time.

Yeah apparently so much so that the us embassy put out a warning.

“Most crimes are non-violent in nature, although there have been reports of more serious crimes, such as sexual assaults and murders. Corresponding to combatting the four “social evils” campaign, South Korea made numerous amendments to outdated laws related to sex crimes. With these sweeping changes, and a focus on enforcement, Korean National Police Agency (KNPA) crime statistics show an increase in reported incidents in various categories of sex crimes over the past several years, particularly higher numbers of reported crimes, apprehensions, and cases prosecuted (23,478 cases for 2018). Specifically, sexual assaults against foreigners continue. The majority of reported sexual assault cases include the use and consumption of alcohol, and victims who may have known their attacker. The ROK has specialized police and hospital units to assist victims. Women traveling alone should review the State Department’s travel tips for Women Travelers.”

Good to see the police are taking it more serious.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Please sign the petition regarding the rape of a foreign student
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 08:10:00 am »
So are any of these assholes getting the book thrown at them and going to prison for a long time? 

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 09:54:08 am »
So are any of these assholes getting the book thrown at them and going to prison for a long time?
Don't those sorts of crimes usually land you surprisingly short sentences here? Could very well be the laws have changed and they'll hopefully be in there for a while though.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 10:42:06 am »
So...where are Korea apologists? 

This stuff happens all the time.
You're upset at them for.....not disputing the petition?

I will say it's pretty messed up that your response to all of this is to complain about apologists on the internet.

Do you even care about the victim or are you just using her for your own rant?

*Edited for language. For shame!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 10:58:41 am by Kyndo »

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 12:04:49 pm »
...and they have come out.

Well done.
why did you have to make your 69th post on this thread of all places? now if i make an immature joke about it i'd feel worse than i already would

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 01:22:21 pm »
Don't those sorts of crimes usually land you surprisingly short sentences here? Could very well be the laws have changed and they'll hopefully be in there for a while though.

Sadly, you're probably right.  I mean he was drunk or she was too sexy or some dumb excuse like that. 

• DocH
  • Veteran

• March 01, 2021, 11:25:39 am
    • pub
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 01:36:18 am »
why did you have to make your 69th post on this thread of all places? now if i make an immature joke about it i'd feel worse than i already would

You said "69...all is not lost.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 03:13:34 am by DocH »

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 07:50:08 am »
There's another one going around on Facebook?  Though the one on Facebook mentioned being gang raped by Vietnamese guys and maybe she is Vietnamese too.  She had an exam but had very poor treatment and service.  Apparently the guys got probation and deported back to Vietnam where they are slandering her online and she is not allowed under Korean law to report their identities.  That protected identity law is pure bullshit.  More folks need to be publically called out for their shit.  Also, a slap on the writst for a gangrape is disgusting here.  If this story I read on one of the expat Facebook groups is true, Korea has come a lot less further than I thought. 

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 08:15:28 am »
Signed it but unsure if it worked. I signed in, done the agree to sign, page looked like it registered my vote, but the counter didn't go up. I tried a couple more times to the same effect.

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 12:09:06 pm »
There's another one going around on Facebook?  Though the one on Facebook mentioned being gang raped by Vietnamese guys and maybe she is Vietnamese too.  She had an exam but had very poor treatment and service.  Apparently the guys got probation and deported back to Vietnam where they are slandering her online and she is not allowed under Korean law to report their identities.  That protected identity law is pure bullshit.  More folks need to be publically called out for their shit.  Also, a slap on the writst for a gangrape is disgusting here.  If this story I read on one of the expat Facebook groups is true, Korea has come a lot less further than I thought. 
Typical of front-line Korean law enforcement. If both the victim, and perpetrators, are not Korean they'll often brush it aside.