Read 310 times

Coolest student I've ever had
« on: April 02, 2021, 02:25:17 pm »
This week has been particularly exhausting and I was cheered up by the coolest student I've ever had.

I was transferred to this school at the beginning of this year so this is my first time teaching these kids.
The student in question is in the 6th grade, incredibly smart and friendly.

She answered a question during one of the review games and I gave a point to her team (boys' team and girls' team). The students corrected me that 'she' was in fact a 'he'. Luckily I had the sense not to show my surprise or make a fuss and simply added a point to the boys' team.

The boy has hair growing down to the middle of his back and he's pretty short for his age. Anyone would say the student is a girl. After class my CT told me that he's a boy and he's been growing his hair long so he can donate it to kids who are fighting cancer.

When dividing my class into teams, instead of just writing team 1, team 2 etc. I'll draw a quick portrait of a student to represent each team. I'm going to practice drawing long-haired Trunks from DBZ and draw him as a badass, long-haired super saiyan as a representative of the boys team for the next game.

Re: Coolest student I've ever had
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 03:04:56 pm »
yep, one cool kid. Hopefully, he always sticks up for what he believes in and helps people even when it may be different