• Near Busan
Be careful today. Insane air readings.
« on: March 29, 2021, 12:21:14 pm »
Air quality is utterly insane today. 

• plan b
  • Super Waygook

• March 22, 2013, 11:53:06 am
    • Korea
Re: Be careful today. Insane air readings.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 12:37:55 pm »
What's even more insane is that we stay here voluntarily..,,
Maybe 2000 bucks a month isnt worth this anymore.... :cry:

• KoreaBoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
    • Vancouver Island
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 01:06:12 pm »

One of the nicest things that still gets me today.  The air is so clean on Vancouver Island, it's scary.  It also has the benefit of having no mosquitos or black flies in the woods during the summer.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 02:01:54 pm »

See hangook77?
*This* guy has formulated a surefire plan to increase NET wages: by posting constant pessimism about our prospects here, plan b is reducing the supply of native English teachers in South Korea, which, according to the laws of supply and demand, will cause all our incomes to rocket skywards:smiley:

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 01:37:31 pm »
See hangook77?
*This* guy has formulated a surefire plan to increase NET wages: by posting constant pessimism about our prospects here, plan b is reducing the supply of native English teachers in South Korea, which, according to the laws of supply and demand, will cause all our incomes to rocket skywards:smiley:

I didn't even mention the low wages, but still you felt the need to come on and troll me because you like low wages so much even when I don't mention it in a topic?  Lame.   (Though it is true that if more teachers did go elsewhere to make better money, Korea would have to compete more and either raise wages to get people or pay low and then complain about the low quality of teachers they have or end up getting.  Though it's not the point of this thread.) 

Maybe you own a low paying hakwon and want to hire foreigners on the cheap or something?  Maybe that's your ulterior motive.  Regardless buckaroo, the media and everyone else was talking about the bad air.  Not just me.  But, keep smiling, yelling, or whatever it is you do. 

Anyways, it's been pretty shitty here the last few days.  Korean times says the worst in 10 years. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 02:04:03 pm »
I didn't even mention the low wages, but still you felt the need to come on and troll me because you like low wages so much even when I don't mention it in a topic?  Lame.   (Though it is true that if more teachers did go elsewhere to make better money, Korea would have to compete more and either raise wages to get people or pay low and then complain about the low quality of teachers they have or end up getting.  Though it's not the point of this thread.) 

Maybe you own a low paying hakwon and want to hire foreigners on the cheap or something?  Maybe that's your ulterior motive.  Regardless buckaroo, the media and everyone else was talking about the bad air.  Not just me.  But, keep smiling, yelling, or whatever it is you do. 

Anyways, it's been pretty shitty here the last few days.  Korean times says the worst in 10 years. 
For what its worth, my intentions were to mock plan b, not you.
And I'm a public school teacher... although I've been lucky enough to have had a series of really good ones. Although I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China.

Also, usually it's just smiling. I haven't yelled at a computer since I spent $70 on a new graphics card in 2002, and then spent 3 hours trying to physically install it only to find out that the motherboard had an integrated gfxcard that couldn't be turned off via software.  Man, that was the exact opposite of awesome. >:(

And... yes, the air quality is bad. Possibly the worst it's been. Point out who it is that's debating that and I'll sic Aurata on them!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 02:19:40 pm »
Yeaterday the air was the worst in years in town.

Today, here at least, clear blue skies with no haze!

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 10:28:55 pm »
Aurata

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 07:36:12 am »

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 08:26:24 am »
Later this week.  Quite nice.