Read 893 times

• SPQR
  • Expert Waygook

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Canada
Re: Paying for Parking
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2021, 10:48:32 am »
As Aristocat said, it is hectic in Cape Town. I worked in the city centre for a while before heading to Korea and man they were anal about parking. We have things called loading zones and you are permitted to park there for a short time while offloading stuff (in theory anyway). I parked there to drop off a computer at the office I was working in and when I got back there was a parking ticket attached to my windscreen ( I was literally 3 minutes). I decided to go to the traffic office to get an explanation. Their explanation - you were driving a car, not a delivery truck.    >:(

No choice but to cough up the cash.

How about wildebeests?  Are they allowed in loading zones?

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Paying for Parking
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2021, 10:55:02 am »
The smaller cities until recently had no problems with parking.  But lately a lot of them have been turning into jizzheads.  It's ridiculous, plus they don't regulate the construction at all when building the new areas.  I don't know why the local governments hire such amateurs who approve these plans, but they don't build enough parking lots or parking garages which are needed and they even make the newer roads too narrow which means lots of illegal parking and cars getting stuck when coming from new directions.  Also some of the newer villas seem to no longer be required to put the parking underneath.  Maybe the construction firms bribe the local governments to approve it or it's a lazy just get it done atitude with no long term common sense thinking?  Either way, there's not enough space for parking especially in the newer areas.  Annoying.