Read 2115 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: Back to the grind kids!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2021, 02:36:58 pm »
The healthier a person is, the less impacted they’ll be by coronavirus (or any other virus). Facts.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2021, 02:46:47 pm »
Generally true, I guess. But what about genetic susceptibility?

For example, native americans are at a substantially higher risk of death to covid19 than most other ethnic groups. Part of the reason is that their immune response to covid is different.
I don't think this has much to due with health, one way or the other.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2021, 02:51:44 pm »
The healthier a person is, the less impacted they’ll be by coronavirus (or any other virus). Facts.

That was just one fact, but...obviously.  No one would dispute that.  What those in the scientific communities might dispute is that some people have an immune system that will kill coronavirus immediately, or that BMI is a standard and reliable measure of a nation's health.  Undernourished peoples would presumably be at peak condition based on LI's metric of fitness. 

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2021, 05:22:31 pm »
Sounds pretty anecdotal to me.  You just feel your body would "kill" coronavirus so quickly you wouldn't know you'd gotten it?  Well, toss the masks and stop washing the hands, LI has it figured out.  And where do you get that Koreans are much healthier than the average western person from?  Just make it up?  Just because you were a smoking, drinking unhealthy eating individual doesn't mean we can all be put into that category.  I'll keep going to the gym and keep making an effort to eat well but I am not about to throw out the masks and social distancing.  I think when the dust is settled and studies done, the fact that Koreans were so quick to get on the mask train en masse will be held up as a contributing factor to the lower rates. 

Plus eating kimchi, no way you can get sick from Rona if you eat kimchi.

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2021, 05:50:45 pm »
In the states it seems people with underlying health issues are getting fast tracked for the vaccine. While I’m not opposed to that it does seem like some of those people are being rewarded in a way for being unhealthy, obese, smoking etc.  Just seems odd how we are not focusing on being healthier in general, but I digress.

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2021, 04:36:45 pm »
In the states it seems people with underlying health issues are getting fast tracked for the vaccine. While I’m not opposed to that it does seem like some of those people are being rewarded in a way for being unhealthy, obese, smoking etc.  Just seems odd how we are not focusing on being healthier in general, but I digress.

You're not wrong. Haven't heard of them prioritizing smokers, but prioritizing fat people does seem unfair. They've had the entire pandemic, knowing the virus is most dangerous for obese people, to do something about it, but I guess making an effort to be healthier would lead to feelings of having been fat shamed. Heaven forbid anyone's feelings are hurt.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2021, 07:08:36 pm »
I thought I only had partial schedule at first and some kids were still staying home.  But low and behold, by Wednesday, it was back to normal.  Full time 22 hours a week and full 40 minute classes.  After the past year, hard to get back into big time.  I'm just grateful that I got a lots of ppt games and activities done that I can re use.  So, there's that.