Read 238 times

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Immigration wanted a new document for E2 renewal
« on: February 23, 2021, 08:42:25 am »
Just a heads up if you're like me and have never been asked for a document that states your salary before.  Had all my usual documents when I went for my E2 renewal yesterday when the woman asked for the paper with my salary information.  I had a stamped copy of the tax payment document as I heard they had started to ask for that, but this one was a new one for me.  And it was salary info from 2019 they wanted.  소 득 금 액 증 명 원  if that helps anyone.  I had to go to the local Suwon city office which was thankfully a short walk away but it added almost an hour to my visit as I had to go to the other office, pick a number and wait, and then go back to immi. and wait for the woman to get free so I could continue with the renewal.  Anyways, in the ten years in a row I've been doing it on my own I've never had to produce this document.  Not sure if it's something the school office can even provide.  Also, I think if your Korean is good enough you might be able to get this document form the self service machine and avoid waiting.  It was free at least. 

• D.L.Orean
  • Super Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
Re: Immigration wanted a new document for E2 renewal
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 08:48:18 am »
Just a heads up if you're like me and have never been asked for a document that states your salary before.  Had all my usual documents when I went for my E2 renewal yesterday when the woman asked for the paper with my salary information.  I had a stamped copy of the tax payment document as I heard they had started to ask for that, but this one was a new one for me.  And it was salary info from 2019 they wanted.  소 득 금 액 증 명 원  if that helps anyone.  I had to go to the local Suwon city office which was thankfully a short walk away but it added almost an hour to my visit as I had to go to the other office, pick a number and wait, and then go back to immi. and wait for the woman to get free so I could continue with the renewal.  Anyways, in the ten years in a row I've been doing it on my own I've never had to produce this document.  Not sure if it's something the school office can even provide.  Also, I think if your Korean is good enough you might be able to get this document form the self service machine and avoid waiting.  It was free at least.

You can get it online and print a copy yourself on the 정보24 website (www.gov.kr)

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 08:55:03 am »
You can get it online and print a copy yourself on the 정보24 website (www.gov.kr)

Good to know. Korvia needs to update their documents needed page.  The website wouldn't have helped me yesterday as I didn't know it was required. 

• D.L.Orean
  • Super Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 09:00:57 am »
Good to know. Korvia needs to update their documents needed page.  The website wouldn't have helped me yesterday as I didn't know it was required.

Always best to check the immigration website for required documents. They won't always be on top of updating information but until they put it up, it's only word of mouth that you can go by.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 09:02:52 am »
The GEPIK guide didn't have housing contract as a doc either so.... Guess what? I didn't bring it.

Cue the issue alarm. I get decorum, but I'm RENEWING my E2 public school job. I live in the same place. Anyway, my school faxed the docs over, thank Fu**. Can you imagine coming back another day to give them one document that wasn't even on their list of required docs? Jesus.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 09:14:29 am »
The GEPIK guide didn't have housing contract as a doc either so.... Guess what? I didn't bring it.

Cue the issue alarm. I get decorum, but I'm RENEWING my E2 public school job. I live in the same place. Anyway, my school faxed the docs over, thank Fu**. Can you imagine coming back another day to give them one document that wasn't even on their list of required docs? Jesus.

Other than the obvious highlight of having the same time slot as CO2 a number of years back, my trips to immigration are always a letdown.  I lived a hop, skip without the jump from Suwon immi my second year in Korea and I always think I'll spend some time after strolling down memory lane and seeing the changes.  But, every time I finish up I've been waiting and standing around that crowded office for so long I just want to get the hell out of there asap. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 10:10:23 am »
On a vaguely related note, Daegu immigration isn't accepting walk-ins!

They've recommended getting an appointment before coming for years (which I've always done, but walk in appointments are, counterintuitively, often a lot faster so I grab a walk in counter number on the way in as well), but when I went last week, they were turning people away at the counter saying that they won't renew visas without an appointment. I literally watched and listened to 3 different foreigners get send away while at my counter. Ironically, I was also a walk-in (appointments are booked up all the way to mid March due to the new covid measures), but because I live an hour out from the office, and because I had a baby with me which the clerk thought was super cute (he needed his visa renewed as well), I got my renewal anyway despite the new (and unannounced) policy lol.