Read 242 times

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
So the real reason posts are deleted on job ads
« on: February 23, 2021, 07:57:53 am »
A little while back someone was asking why posts on job ad threads were being deleted, even if they were just there to be helpful and clarify something that was amiss or even illegal about the job on offer. A helpful mod came on and said comments were deleted to eliminate clutter.  Ok.  But, in the current job posting forum there is an ad for a job in Yangsan near Busan where a number of responses were deleted save one.  And what a coincidence!  This one response that was not deleted (despite the clutter rule) was a subjective thumbs up from a mod of all people.   So, was the "clutter" reason just a load of bullsh*t?  I would hate to think a certain mod abused their authority by going in and deleting all other responses other than their own.   

Or, Waygook could just come clean with the fact that they want some revenue from job postings.  I would expect nothing less from a Korean teaching site.  Make some dough.  Goodness knows that if that shell of a site ESL cafe is cashing in Waygook certainly deserves to.  I would have no problem with comments not being allowed on a job posting as long as people were free to discuss a particular job in another forum. 

Of course not allowing any comments that clutter up the ad need to include random "Thumbs Up" endorsements from a mod that obviously doesn't have any special insight into the job.  That would be a double standard and misleading. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:47:53 am by OnNut81 »

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Re: So the real reason posts are deleted on job ads
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 01:49:59 pm »
I tried to remove this double post but couldn't so if any mod wants to to use that itchy trigger finger to delete, go right ahead.