Read 9895 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: Friendliest Part of South Korea?
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2020, 10:21:56 am »
Daegu has been the only place I've experienced negative people and it was one guy.

I've been pretty blessed over the last 7.5 years. As for friendliest? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Gangwon people are super down to earth and chill. That's why I love going to Chuncheon, city and small. Going there again in a few days for 2 nights by myself. Gonna chill the hell out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:53:02 am by CO2 »
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2020, 11:51:55 am »
I'm out in Gangwon and people are kind for the most part, but recently I've definitely experience more stares and comments from strangers because of the corona Itaewon situation. ...I would say the smaller the city/town the nicer the people are.

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2020, 03:40:50 pm »
Any oí yaíll find yurselves in Suwon, weíll take good care oí ya, ya hear?

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2020, 12:27:24 am »
Dang, this is off the charts in terms of trueness.

I'm glad I'm not the only one sucked into the urban legends that seem to be taken as fact.

Alot of these myths are subjective, based on personal taste.

Myth:  "Brazil has the best looking women in the world".
Fact: every country has its share of attractive women. And in any case beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

myth: "Gangwon do is the friendliest".
Fact: Your impression depends to a large extent on what type of person you are and how you percieve friendliness.

Catch my drift?

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2021, 09:39:53 pm »
FRIENDLY: kind and pleasant [NOAD]

Seoul is the kindest and most pleasant place Iíve seen. Itís actually hard for me to imagine the world of humans getting any kinder than this.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2021, 12:05:32 am »
Worked in Jeollanamdo (in Suncheon, for 3 years) and I can say they were the loveliest people for sure (Jeolla people).  Kind and curious about foreigners, and really sincere.  I miss working there, but like being near the capital a lot more.  The food is much better in Jeolla (traditional Korean food).  The coworkers were a million times nicer too.  The co-teachers I have had in Gyeonggi have mostly been horrible.   They are mostly selfish and not willing to help (I consistently hear"I AM SO BUSY" even when I truly need help).  They are also a tad bit too self-satisfied with their level of English.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:14:52 am by dippedinblush »

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2021, 05:27:44 am »
FRIENDLY: kind and pleasant [NOAD]

Seoul is the kindest and most pleasant place Iíve seen. Itís actually hard for me to imagine the world of humans getting any kinder than this.

Clickbait.  You should get out more.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2021, 07:08:01 am »

This is the Seoul Iíve experienced, ďgetting outĒ into your negative experiences doesnít sound like something fun.

Go be angry about it, troll.

• 303lmc
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 05:23:12 pm
    • Gwangju
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2021, 07:28:54 am »
umm, all of it? I mean, I get stares in my small town still, even though I've been there 2 years and am out and about walking around, eating in restaurants, drinking coffee in cafes etc...I get stared at everywhere I go. but my level of not caring has leveled up to Korean. XD
I mean, most people in Seoul are staring at their phone, so how can they be nice OR rude?

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2021, 02:34:49 pm »
I've been all over the country and in my opinion it's definitely Gwangju (Jeolla-do).

I see this mentioned multiple times.

Since Iím in Jeolla-do for holiday thought Iíd see if I could perceive any difference, but I canít. Other than service in restaurants being less kind than Seoul.

One thing is I donít understand is what people mean by this word ďfriendly.Ē Obviously Iím not talking to strangers on the street or expecting anything from them. Thatís stupid, this isnít the West. When we do talk to people here it is in the context of our societal roles and relations. Maybe if I had friends and colleagues here they would be even kinder than in Seoul? Although I donít see how that could be possible, maybe!

The food is much better in Jeolla (traditional Korean food).

This is real. Incredible eating; flavors in Jeonju for traditional food seem more real and fresh than Seoul.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 02:37:43 pm by KimchiNinja »

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2021, 07:16:50 pm »
If both me and csik are saying "Yeah, this is a troll op" then it's probably the case.