Read 3494 times

• Zek
  • Newgookin

• January 25, 2021, 12:31:05 pm
Vaccine Safety and Mandatory Vaccinations
« on: January 25, 2021, 01:04:41 pm »
Currently there is a bill in the Korean National Assembly proposing to make the Covid vaccines mandatory for all adults.

https://pal.assembly.go.kr/law/readView.do?lgsltpaId=PRC_C2D1G0D1W1R9V1Y1K2Z6B2K9Z9K0A4

Dr.  Sucharit Bhakdi, a famous Thai-German microbiologist has explained in interviews that these vaccines will cause autoimmue problems. Also, Dr. Micheal Yeadon, who is a former Vice President of Pfizer, has created a petition to stop the use of mRNA vaccines, citing the possiblity of the vaccine triggering ADE (antibody dependent enhancement) and autoimmune issues.

Dr.  Sucharit Bhakdi interview.
youtube.com/watch?v=6k6ipXD3eMM

Please discuss this situation with Korean friends, spouses, family members, and other expats, if you have not already.
I am not against all vaccines. But, forced injections are a violation of basic rights, and in this case there is scientific evidence that the mRNA vaccines are more dangerous than the virus itself.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 02:06:47 pm by Zek »

• SPQR
  • Expert Waygook

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Canada
Re: Vaccine Safety and Mandatory Vaccinations
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 03:55:44 pm »
Currently there is a bill in the Korean National Assembly proposing to make the Covid vaccines mandatory for all adults.

https://pal.assembly.go.kr/law/readView.do?lgsltpaId=PRC_C2D1G0D1W1R9V1Y1K2Z6B2K9Z9K0A4

Dr.  Sucharit Bhakdi, a famous Thai-German microbiologist has explained in interviews that these vaccines will cause autoimmue problems. Also, Dr. Micheal Yeadon, who is a former Vice President of Pfizer, has created a petition to stop the use of mRNA vaccines, citing the possiblity of the vaccine triggering ADE (antibody dependent enhancement) and autoimmune issues.

Dr.  Sucharit Bhakdi interview.
youtube.com/watch?v=6k6ipXD3eMM

Please discuss this situation with Korean friends, spouses, family members, and other expats, if you have not already.
I am not against all vaccines. But, forced injections are a violation of basic rights, and in this case there is scientific evidence that the mRNA vaccines are more dangerous than the virus itself.

Garbage! Everyone should get vaccinated. It is your civic duty.

Moreover, if you EVER want to travel again, you will need
a vaccine passport.

Also, I won't discus this with anybody.  It is QAnon bullshit.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 08:27:08 am »
Anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, chem-trailers, climate change deniers, etc all give Westerners such a bad rep.   :sad:

Also the issue some research papers have pointed out concerning mRNA based vaccines is that they contain polyethylene glycol (a very common additive to medications, cosmetics and processed food), which has been shown to occasionally cause an immune response .
However, that self-same research (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27271335/) also indicated that: "We confirm that some healthy individuals and some patients with hemophilia express specific antibodies against PEG which are not associated with any pathology and do not bind to human tissues." So it's not a huge concern at this point in time.

Also also, Michael Yeadon is the same guy who said there wouldn't be any need for vaccines as the pendemic was "essentially over" back in October 2020. Turned out to be not quite true, unfortunately. :sad:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 08:50:23 am by Kyndo »

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 08:51:30 am »
Anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, chem-trailers, climate change deniers, etc all give Westerners such a bad rep.   :sad:

I disagree. I think it shows how free our society is that these people are (just about) still allowed to voice their opinions, even if they go against the consensus.  It's something to be valued.  A lack of any opposition makes governments lazy and authoritarian
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 08:53:59 am by stoat »

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 09:44:00 am »
I agree, but can't we just disagree about subjective stuff like politics, religion, ethics, and economics?
Disagreeing with science more or less proven beyond a shadow of a doubt over 2000 years ago (ie that the world is spherical) is definitely causing all the other cultures to laugh up their sleeves at us.  :-[

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 10:45:11 am »
I agree, but can't we just disagree about subjective stuff like politics, religion, ethics, and economics?
Disagreeing with science more or less proven beyond a shadow of a doubt over 2000 years ago (ie that the world is spherical) is definitely causing all the other cultures to laugh up their sleeves at us.  :-[

I donít think your average thinking individual from across the globe thinks flat earthers are representative of the west. I mean, pretty much every Thai person from every class firmly believes in ghosts.  How much time do people spend laughing at them?  Your overestimating how much people give a thought to the fringe groups of North America when they all have their own shit going on.

With a seafood allergy Iím in no hurry to get vaccinated until more information is available. 

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 11:08:51 am »
I can't actually ever recall seeing or reading an interview with a flat earther in the media, do they ever appear in the US? I've seen lots more people talking about how they believe in ghosts/fortune telling/astrology etc.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 12:47:22 pm »
I can't actually ever recall seeing or reading an interview with a flat earther in the media, do they ever appear in the US? I've seen lots more people talking about how they believe in ghosts/fortune telling/astrology etc.
I know 2 university teachers in my town who are flat earthers - one of them has even published an 'educational' children's book on the topic. Not surprisingly, they're also very firm believers in the various Soros / Gates conspiracies, and outspoken anti-vaxxers. In for a penny, in for a pound, I guess?

I donít think your average thinking individual from across the globe thinks flat earthers are representative of the west. I mean, pretty much every Thai person from every class firmly believes in ghosts.  How much time do people spend laughing at them?
I think that belief based on cultural traditions, and beliefs based on willful ignorance are two very different things. And the way those beliefs are expressed are also a bit different: I don't think that too many of those Thai people actively proselytize their belief in ghosts (I may be wrong -- I don't have any Thai acquaintances), while the same is definitely not true for flat-earthers.

You're overestimating how much people give a thought to the fringe groups of North America when they all have their own shit going on.
I'm probably projecting my own embarrassment, true. But I invite you to explain to a Korean coworker about why achieving herd immunity may be impossible in North America because around 20% of the population believes that vaccines (I'm being conservative here: this is the percentage who think this of the measles vaccine. The numbers for the Covid vaccine are even worse) are inherently bad. Mine were pretty incredulous.

With a seafood allergy Iím in no hurry to get vaccinated until more information is available.
Apples and oranges. You have valid reservations due to a well documented complication. The people I'm thinking of are those with a deep distrust the fundamental science behind vaccines and/or mistrust the motives of those who are make them.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 01:04:00 pm »
I can't actually ever recall seeing or reading an interview with a flat earther in the media,

Censorship, supression and cancel culture gone mad!

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 01:10:25 pm »
I think most flat-earthers are being contrarian/trolling/in it for the fame/enjoying the lifestyle/etc.

The people who go after flat-earthers sound suspiciously like the people who go up to smokers and say "Don't you know smoking causes cancer?!" As though the person has been hiding under a rock for the last 50 years. Or the people that see someone watching WWE and go "Don't you know pro-wrestling is fake?!" No, I genuinely thought Vince McMahon was killed in a limousine explosion and for some reason this went unreported by all the major news outlets.

Granted, I'm sure there are some genuine believers, but I'd be cautious about leaping to conclusions as to how firm their beliefs actually are.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:11:56 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 01:16:18 pm »
I agree that some of them are probably trolling, but I know from first hand experience that a good percentage of them truly do believe very deeply in it.
Something I've noticed is that it's really hard to go only half-way when it comes to conspiracy theories.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:20:06 pm by Kyndo »

• SPQR
  • Expert Waygook

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Canada
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 01:16:46 pm »
Censorship, supression and cancel culture gone mad!

I think "flat Earthers" should be able to believe in what they want. However
maybe they should be protected from themselves in hospitals or some
other form of care facility.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 01:41:30 pm »
I agree that some of them are probably trolling, but I know from first hand experience that a good percentage of them truly do believe very deeply in it.
Something I've noticed is that it's really hard to go only half-way when it comes to conspiracy theories.
How involved are they in the community? How much interaction, be it online or in-person are they getting from it? If they're getting some kind of social interaction, then even if they proclaim it firmly, there's still an element of "this isn't really about believing the Earth is flat"

Many of these types are generally lonely to begin with and this is the way for them to find a community or to interact, some even are respected or validated on the respective forums they frequent. I'd say their motivation is much more social.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 01:56:20 pm »
Mr DeMartino, please believe me when I say that the people I personally know who are flat-earthers *do* actually firmly believe that the world is flat.
I've discussed the topics with them numerous times.
It really is fascinating. You'd have a field day dissecting all the various fallacies involved in their explanations. I know I did, and I dial it wayyy back because we're all part of the same local community and I don't need any more enemies lol.  :smiley:

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 02:06:26 pm »
Well actually, THE WORLD IS SQUARE.

I know, I've seen it from my airship.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 02:11:04 pm »
Airships are a lie created by the Illuminati to deflect attention away from jet planes and their chemtrails.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 02:28:46 pm »

Apples and oranges. You have valid reservations due to a well documented complication. The people I'm thinking of are those with a deep distrust the fundamental science behind vaccines and/or mistrust the motives of those who are make them.

Exactly. Which is why it was written as an addendum in a separate paragraph. It was an additional perspective on the thread topic regarding vaccine safety and mandatory vaccinations.

Iím not sure that Thai society proselytizes believing in ghosts, but since Iíve never met a Thai without a ghost story there is not much need. The belief is there. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 08:09:36 pm »
Exactly. Which is why it was written as an addendum in a separate paragraph. It was an additional perspective on the thread topic regarding vaccine safety and mandatory vaccinations.

Iím not sure that Thai society proselytizes believing in ghosts, but since Iíve never met a Thai without a ghost story there is not much need. The belief is there. 
That's pretty interesting. I think that most SE cultures low key believe in ghosts of some sort.
When I was living in Taiwan, I know that traditions involving ghosts was pretty mainstream -- or at least, mainstream in the same way that 2nd or 3rd generation Catholics still observe a lot of the Catholic traditions without actually being religious, Flaming barrels of fake money in every stairwell!  :shocked:

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 09:31:40 pm »
Theravada Buddhism, the variety you see in Thailand, is precipitated on the idea of successive reincarnations until you hopefully move upward and upward until you can reach the state of Nirvana.  The Thai I have known don't talk so much about ghosts but that that cat crossing the street may be their grandfather, so they have to swerve the tuk-tuk and spill my damn Leo.

Many Koreans still believe in fan death.  Including some doctors.

Millions of Americans believe that the US is ruled by a cabal (no, they don't know that word for it) of hundreds of CANNIBAL child molesters.  And Donald Trump was sent by Gahd to round them all up and put them in jail/execute them.

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 10:21:34 am »
It would appear that the mainstreaming of craziness may well be the most enduring legacy of Trumpism.