Read 3660 times

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
Re: When will Trump be arrested?
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2022, 02:14:35 pm »
Does anybody REALLY think it is an impossibility that Trump could get re-elected? Let's face it. we're talking about the country that re-elected Marion Barry as Washington DC Mayor after he got out of prison in the FBI's crack cocaine sting caught on film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKUqUi9Ao1k

• JNM
  • Waygook Lord

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2022, 03:39:02 pm »
SNL has even been forced to start making fun of Biden.   

This what “normal” looks like.

Comedy shows are supposed that make fun of those in power.

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2022, 07:07:01 pm »
Does anybody REALLY think it is an impossibility that Trump could get re-elected? Let's face it. we're talking about the country that re-elected Marion Barry as Washington DC Mayor after he got out of prison in the FBI's crack cocaine sting caught on film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKUqUi9Ao1k

If they run Hillary again anything is possible.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2022, 09:17:23 pm »
If they run Hillary again anything is possible.

More chance of Trump running again as long as he can convince people to part with their money again so he can fix up his properties and repay his debts.

• pkjh
  • The Legend

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
    • Asia
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2022, 10:21:07 pm »

So many liberals are blind to the fact of how popular Trump is, and I hate the guy. Even a good chunk of Canadians love him. If he runs again he's getting pretty close to 50%, he might win, or lose, I don't know. And once again we'll see poll after poll saying his numbers are down, and re-election is doubtful. We've seen that twice before.

There's no denying he has such a hold over the right.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 10:24:31 pm by pkjh »

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2022, 08:15:23 am »
i think that if he chooses to run (and im pretty sure he will) trump will easily get the republican nomination. then the question remains of who the dems choose to run against him. if they run hillary again its going to be a nightmare, but i strongly doubt that the dem voter base is going to let them get away with that one... at least, i hope they dont. it does make you wonder who the dems might potentially run, though. biden and kamala are so unpopular i dont think theyd shoot for a reelection campaign but who knows

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2022, 09:44:26 am »
i think that if he chooses to run (and im pretty sure he will) trump will easily get the republican nomination. then the question remains of who the dems choose to run against him. if they run hillary again its going to be a nightmare, but i strongly doubt that the dem voter base is going to let them get away with that one... at least, i hope they dont. it does make you wonder who the dems might potentially run, though. biden and kamala are so unpopular i dont think theyd shoot for a reelection campaign but who knows
Mayor Pete.

At least in Florida, desantis is running ahead of trump. Of course ron is merely a mini-don. The media would love to see trump run again. Think of how many more books journalists would sell.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2022, 03:19:27 pm »
pete is... possible, I guess? i can't really see it, idk. i mean, what has he actually done as whatever it is of Transportation Biden made him? not saying he's been useless or anything, I have no idea, but I doubt he's dredged up much to enhance his campaign.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2022, 07:36:42 pm »
pete is... possible, I guess? i can't really see it, idk. i mean, what has he actually done as whatever it is of Transportation Biden made him? not saying he's been useless or anything, I have no idea, but I doubt he's dredged up much to enhance his campaign.
Infrastructure is being improved as we post. He's in charge of much of that. Keeping a low profile makes him less of a target before any campaigning starts.

He's smart, articulate, photogenic and a family man. As a former mayor, he has executive experience.

• Bakeacake
  • Super Waygook

• July 12, 2010, 01:35:40 pm
    • Pohang South Korea
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2022, 12:40:49 pm »
Infrastructure is being improved as we post. He's in charge of much of that. Keeping a low profile makes him less of a target before any campaigning starts.

He's smart, articulate, photogenic and a family man. As a former mayor, he has executive experience.

...and gay. Do you think america is ready to vote for a gay president? I think theres a lot of both open and hidden bias on both sides of the political spectrum.  It would be insane to suggest his being gay wouldn't be an issue.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2022, 01:01:49 pm »
Pete is possible!
Oh hey, catchy! That sounds like a great campaign slogan!

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2022, 07:48:55 pm »
...and gay. Do you think america is ready to vote for a gay president? I think theres a lot of both open and hidden bias on both sides of the political spectrum.  It would be insane to suggest his being gay wouldn't be an issue.
Well no democrat is going to get votes from the far right. That's why evangelicals support putin--he's anti-gay.

But how far could repugnicans go with the gay bashing before it starts to work against them? The wedge issues they hang their hats on turn off a lot of people. And here's a guy who's a solid family man, has a business background and is very smart. He would make a great contrast to someone like desantis, who thinks and acts like he rules Florida by fiat. He's a liar too, which is the trump model that many on the right follow.

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2022, 12:25:23 pm »
Gop supported Liz Cheney, so depending on how willing they are to vote against their own interests will be a deciding factor.

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2022, 06:45:38 pm »
Well no democrat is going to get votes from the far right. That's why evangelicals support putin--he's anti-gay.
I think what Bakeacake is referring to, by mentioning bias in both parties, is that two constituencies the Dems are highly dependent on- African-Americans and Latinos, are also among the most socially conservative voters in the party. Same with what remains of their labor/union support.

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2022, 08:36:39 pm »
I think what Bakeacake is referring to, by mentioning bias in both parties, is that two constituencies the Dems are highly dependent on- African-Americans and Latinos, are also among the most socially conservative voters in the party. Same with what remains of their labor/union support.
Don't overlook the women, who tend to be more reliable voters, in those constituencies. Mayor Pete's sexual orientation will matter much less to them.

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2022, 09:41:27 am »
Don't overlook the women, who tend to be more reliable voters, in those constituencies. Mayor Pete's sexual orientation will matter much less to them.
If your white female vote is stable, but you lose 25% of A-As and Latinos due to them being socially conservative, then you can basically kiss any swing state goodbye (assuming the GOP doesn't nominate someone abysmal- so Dems still have a good chance!)

• gogators!
  • Waygook Lord

• Seoul
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2022, 08:08:24 pm »
If your white female vote is stable, but you lose 25% of A-As and Latinos due to them being socially conservative, then you can basically kiss any swing state goodbye (assuming the GOP doesn't nominate someone abysmal- so Dems still have a good chance!)
There's a good chance they just won't vote, which could still hurt Democrats. But voters who voted for trump just because they didn't like Clinton will probably not make that mistake again if he's the GQP nominee. Although scott's plan to raise taxes and potentially cut SS and Medicare shows at least some republicans realize they need more than wedge issues and name-calling, it also smacks of desperation since it would alienate a good part of the older, white GQP base, which is their biggest demographic.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2022, 07:37:33 am »
On a podcast on Wednesday, Trump said, "So, in the history of our country, nothing like me has ever happened."

Even he is aware what a walking disaster he is.

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2022, 08:44:01 am »
A grand jury indicted a Colorado election official on 1o counts as part of an investigation into tampering with the results of the 2020 election.

Driving the news: The criminal charges against Mesa County clerk Tina Peters announced Wednesday include seven felony counts for attempting to influence a public servant, criminal impersonation and identity theft.

She is also charged with official misconduct — a misdemeanor.
A warrant has been issued for her arrest, the Mesa County district attorney's office said in a statement Wednesday.

https://youtu.be/rBaJX9h-HIQ

Who let the dogs out?

- Mitt Romney