Read 6960 times

Re: O Captain, my Captain!
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2021, 06:35:00 am »
Go here:  https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the-complete-listing-atrocities-1-1-056

and just look at the black dot ones, get back to me.

The fact that this is listed as an "atrocity"-
– April 8, 2017 – A U.S. Navy strike group moved in range of the Korean Peninsula as a show of military force. The gesture further escalated tensions bordering on brinkmanship between Donald Trump and North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un.
is proof that this is a stupid list, written by a stupid person, for stupid people.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2021, 08:15:11 am »
The fact that this is listed as an "atrocity"-is proof that this is a stupid list, written by a stupid person, for stupid people.
In other words, right up your alley.

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2021, 12:42:52 pm »
In other words, right up your alley.
Good comeback. That really worked.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2021, 12:09:59 pm »
Canadian here but piping in on the US election/political thing anyway.

Here's my take on racism and white supremacy in the USA. As a whole it doesn't exist. The media make it seem like there's a racist under every bed and a Proud Boy in every pot. That is not true from my experience. I've been to the states many many times. I've driven from coast to coast and north to south on both coasts. I've been to 39 of the lower 48 states and in my opinion, Americans are arguably the nicest, friendliest most generous people I have ever met. Way more so than the average Canadian, who seem to have the world bamboozled that we are just so damn nice. Not true!

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2021, 09:34:30 am »
Bill O'Reilly:

"The thing that's going to save Trump is that there's going to be a report, but they may suppress the report from the FBI. It could be suppressed but I know that it's already been written... they have evidence at the federal level that this siege at the Capitol was designed well before January 6th by professional provocateurs- people who are disruptive- the Antifa of the right... that just blows out the accusation that Trump planned all this."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8s7VCP9bqE

He'll be acquitted if the trial is fair.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2021, 09:46:37 am »
Why not wait for the prosecution to lay out the evidence against the man (and for the defense to counter it) before passing judgement?
Whatever the outcome, I hope that the trial is fair enough to satisfy both sides of the political spectrum.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:24:30 am by Kyndo »

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2021, 10:06:43 am »
Bill O'Reilly:

"The thing that's going to save Trump is that there's going to be a report, but they may suppress the report from the FBI. It could be suppressed but I know that it's already been written... they have evidence at the federal level that this siege at the Capitol was designed well before January 6th

No sh*t sherlock! Trump tweeted about back in December!  :laugh:

“Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,”  “Be there, will be wild!” Donald J Trump Dec 19th 2020

Sound's familiar!  :laugh:

Trump: Only way we lose is if election is 'rigged' 18 Aug 2020

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2021, 01:15:50 pm »
Why not wait for the prosecution to lay out the evidence against the man (and for the defense to counter it) before passing judgement?
Whatever the outcome, I hope that the trial is fair enough to satisfy both sides of the political spectrum.
It's debatable whether they even have standing to try him, given that he is out of office.

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2021, 01:17:05 pm »
No sh*t sherlock! Trump tweeted about back in December!  :laugh:

“Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,”  “Be there, will be wild!” Donald J Trump Dec 19th 2020

Yeah, and that Richard Jewell must have blown up the Olympics because there's a photo of him in camo and he told a friend "Atlanta's going to be a mess."

You do realize that Trump's statement is not enough to get him convicted by any court in the land? If you think that statement is incitement to riot, then you'd have to lock up pretty much everyone who has ever tweeted about every protest ever.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2021, 01:28:32 pm »
It's debatable whether they even have standing to try him, given that he is out of office.
It'll be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2021, 01:50:08 pm »
Speaking of Richard Jewell, fun little article

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/28/opinions/richard-jewell-fbi-confirmation-bias-gagliano/index.html

And now, with the recent release of the IG investigation into the origins of Crossfire Hurricane -- the FBI case into whether Trump campaign officials coordinated with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election -- it may be fair to acknowledge that confirmation bias among FBI headquarters officials may have played some role in the underpinnings of the highly scrutinized and justifiably criticized investigation.
When applying for FISA warrant renewals to continue to surveil Carter Page, FBI agents, the IG report found, used shortcuts and omitted information that Page had worked with the CIA in order to shield it from judges charged with approving the effort. "[T]he surveillance of Carter Page continued even as the FBI gathered information that weakened the assessment of probable cause," the report notes.

It seems some at the FBI had made up their minds already to continue to investigate Page, despite having new evidence on his behalf. In response to the IG's findings, FBI Director Christopher Wray directed his agency to comply with a number of corrective actions, including overhauling its surveillance warrant process.
The misdirected pursuit of Richard Jewell in 1996 should have served as a bellwether of change in how the FBI conducted sensitive investigations. Yet it may simply highlight how stubbornly resistant to change our bedrock institutions remain.
Yes, Trump-Russia was a bogus sham investigation, driven by politics. it was every bit a soft coup attempt and a sinister attempt to undermine democracy.

The fact that people are such gullible saps that they think a few yahoos storming the capital is worse than the nation's top law enforcement agency, it's intelligence apparatus, and the judiciary engaging in this kind of behavior is truly mind-boggling. Seriously, how dumb and easily duped do you have to be to not realize this?

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2021, 08:02:15 pm »
Speaking of Richard Jewell, fun little article

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/28/opinions/richard-jewell-fbi-confirmation-bias-gagliano/index.html
Yes, Trump-Russia was a bogus sham investigation, driven by politics. it was every bit a soft coup attempt and a sinister attempt to undermine democracy.

The fact that people are such gullible saps that they think a few yahoos storming the capital is worse than the nation's top law enforcement agency, it's intelligence apparatus, and the judiciary engaging in this kind of behavior is truly mind-boggling. Seriously, how dumb and easily duped do you have to be to not realize this?
LOL. Mr. multivariate analysis is using a fictionalized narrative and an opinion piece as evidence.

"Sham bogus investigation"--is this Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2021, 05:10:19 am »

Yeah, and that Richard Jewell must have blown up the Olympics because there's a photo of him in camo and he told a friend "Atlanta's going to be a mess."

You do realize that Trump's statement is not enough to get him convicted by any court in the land? If you think that statement is incitement to riot, then you'd have to lock up pretty much everyone who has ever tweeted about every protest ever.

Just for the record are you arguing that Trump was not trying just about everything he possibly could to overthrow an election?

Most of the evidence, like everything else with Trump, is in plain site and recorded, like the  telephone call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW_Bdf_jGaA

You know as well as I do that the only thing that will prevent a conviction is a partisan allegiance to the cult leader.
Although, there are also those death threats from those same domestic terrorists that you support, which members of congress will have to contend with.
https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/opinion/herald-view-death-threats-to-republican-members-of-the-us-congress-must-cause-concern

But go ahead, continue with that bullsh*t and subterfuge that you are so famous for! :laugh:

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2021, 02:01:59 pm »
LOL. Mr. multivariate analysis is using a fictionalized narrative and an opinion piece as evidence.
Trump-Russia was the fictionalized narrative and gullible saps like you fell for it. These were the same people who lied you into the Iraq War and lied to you about domestic spying. Did you doubt them again? Nope, you gobbled their every word simply because you hate Orange Man. Why? BECAUSE YOU ARE GULLIBLE. And why are you gullible? Because you don't believe you are gullible, nor that you can be. You think there's no way you could ever be tricked. And they use that very arrogance against you.

Also, are you going to dispute anything in that piece? Or just wave your hands and dismiss it because it points out uncomfortable truths?

This wasn't written by some GOP hack, it was written by CNN's own law enforcement analyst.

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2021, 02:07:43 pm »
Just for the record are you arguing that Trump was not trying just about everything he possibly could to overthrow an election?
Yes, because if you think a couple hundred people running around the capital building, with only 10-25% of them engaged in violence while the rest were interested in selfies, with their ringleader being a guy carrying a mock spear and wearing a yak hat, and making a spectacle of themselves constitutes "Just about everything he possibly could to overthrow an election", THEN YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Like seriously, how does your brain even see those things and then write that sentence? Do you have no critical thinking skills whatsoever? Do you seriously think that constituted a serious attempt to overthrow the election?

If you're just saying this stuff to troll or to browbeat with political points, fine. At least you have a chance. But if you genuinely believe this stuff, then you're just a naive, gullible fool.

Most of the evidence, like everything else with Trump, is in plain site and recorded, like the  telephone call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.
Yes, that is not a standard thing. Political leaders never urge local officials to put their thumbs on the scale or call things in the most favorable light to them. They are all upstanding paragons of virtue and truth.

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2021, 02:13:00 pm »
If the words that come to your head after seeing this man are " just about everything he possibly could to overthrow an election"

...then you're an idiot.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2021, 07:55:40 pm »
Trump-Russia was the fictionalized narrative and gullible saps like you fell for it. These were the same people who lied you into the Iraq War and lied to you about domestic spying. Did you doubt them again? Nope, you gobbled their every word simply because you hate Orange Man. Why? BECAUSE YOU ARE GULLIBLE. And why are you gullible? Because you don't believe you are gullible, nor that you can be. You think there's no way you could ever be tricked. And they use that very arrogance against you.

Also, are you going to dispute anything in that piece? Or just wave your hands and dismiss it because it points out uncomfortable truths?

This wasn't written by some GOP hack, it was written by CNN's own law enforcement analyst.
Nope. You've fallen for the right-wing counter-narrative and are too obstinate to recognize your error.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2021, 08:00:33 pm »
Let's not forget that the posters here who are doing their worst to minimize the attack on the Capitol were also saying pretty much the same things about the pandemic not that long ago. And before that about the russki interference in the 2016 election.

Let's also not forget that the trump team's efforts to collude with the russkis failed due to incompetence. Why should we expect anything different from their attempts at a coup?

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2021, 01:59:03 am »
If the words that come to your head after seeing this man are " just about everything he possibly could to overthrow an election"
then you're an idiot.

I don't think you'll find much disagreement that the modern day QAnon/Republican base as exemplified by yourself, your brother in arms Hangkook77 and those half-wit cosplay characters are indeed idiots Marti. I guess it's healthy that you fully embrace what you've become!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:35:12 am by Adel »

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2021, 07:32:48 am »
Have they found any proof of voter fraud yet?

Asking for a fecking idiot friend.